1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

What is spiritual growth? How is it measured? and by whom?

Discussion in 'Spiritual Growth & Development' started by pandora97, Oct 26, 2018.

1. Ruby

Ruby Established Member

I should stay out of this thread as I've read nothing about it and feel ill-equipped to comment. I only came on here because of obsessive trawling on the net after having ADC's: an appearance, a voice and an olfactory, described elsewhere, which completely stunned me. I've stopped trawling for "hallucinations" as that doesn't fit what happened, in my opinion. Pandora: I was so sorry to read about your son, aged 15. Same here: 22 years old. Dead from cancer, five weeks from diagnosis to death. But 15 is very heart-rending. I have an older son too. I'm thinking of you. It's nice to discover all this, I agree.

2. poeticblue

poeticblue member

With reincarnation, it’s never really starting over. It’s picking up from where we left off in this life and starting a new one to further gather an experience that we otherwise would have not known. That to me is growth. I’m not sure if I’m ‘growing’ or not, but I do understand that the lessons I and/or we need to learn are endless. What better place than on earths plane to school and test our skills?

3. pandora97

pandora97 Established Member

What I actually meant by starting over was referring to one as a new person from birth. New personality, etc. Roberta listed some signs or traits of spiritually advanced people and how we can recognize them.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2018
  4. pandora97

Ruby, thank you. I'm sorry for your loss as well. Although age has no bearing on a mother losing her child. Twenty-two or fifteen it's the same unbearable loss.:(

5. poeticblue

poeticblue member

Yes she did, but ultimately this life is your journey and odyssey *wink. It’s how you make it. Ultimately you will be the one to have to answer your own questions. Thankfully for this forum, folks like Roberta and others are great helpers to guide us on our ship at sea. I’ve actually learned quite a bit from you Pandora from your questions and posts.

I wouldn’t worry about how spiritually advanced you are in the way we as humans on this earth think. In a way, being an incarnate on earth which is a tough place to be in, shows that you already have somewhat of a spiritual advancement or at least strive to attain some form of growth that we otherwise ‘possibly’ wouldn’t have learned from our source and creator.
    We are learning and growing from one another.

But anyways I’m no expert, just my opinion. Just continue to focus on the current life you have now to progress (lessons you know you can learn or improve on) and then look forward to a nice homecoming in the afterlife.

yewman54 likes this.
  6. pandora97

7. bluebird

bluebird Major Contributor

yewman,

Thank you for your recent posts in this thread; I very much agree with them.

pandora97, yewman54 and Kurt like this.
  8. Kurt

Kurt Major Contributor

I also agree. Yewman has a lot to offer.

yewman54 likes this.
  9. yewman54

yewman54 New Member

Thank you bb, Kurt. Glad you found something worthwhile in my ramblings!

Kurt likes this.
  10. yewman54

yewman54 New Member

I agree wholeheartedly!

Kurt likes this.