1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

What does Death mean?

Discussion in 'Death and Life After Death' started by garry brunt, Jun 5, 2020.

1. mac

mac Staff Member

I at least read everything written here, follow most threads to some degree and particularly the longer-running ones. I follow what 'regulars' say because they're the members we see more of, hear more about. And, yes, I have noticed you don't speak the way you did when you first started contributing to ALF's threads.

I hope I notice how members write generally and if I find anything specially relevant for an individual I try to link it to her/him. What is often the case, though, is that members write about their personal issues rather than about general spiritual and afterlife matters. It's often not easy to open a dialogue unless they then open the subject for discussion, ask questions etc.

Have you noticed I rarely write about my own experiences unless in connection with someone else's piece and only when I think mine is relevant and may be helpful.

kim likes this.
  2. mac

mac Staff Member

No that's not the case. You've quoted only a part of what I wrote. Below is the whole paragraph with important text included.

3. kim

kim Regular Contributor

Thanks, Mac.:)

4. mac

mac Staff Member

:)

5. Miss Hepburn

Miss Hepburn New Member

Hi, kim, [​IMG]
    My thought /belief was there is One doing that. And oh my! The power or force.
    No one pays much attention to gravity...
    well, once I couldn't stop, ( I say God to be simple), God opened the Doors of Perception again, for days and for some
    reason made me aware of this awesome force....and that's just here on this little ole planet!
    I know, the power holding everything together is unimaginable! Why, look at what happens when one atom
    is split!!! (Albeit, it's a pretty dense one, ha! U235.)
    I wonder if an atom from a wood chair could light and heat a city for days?
    Very exciting to expand the mind or our awareness to a place of sensitivity to the workings behind all that we can see,
    (ha, which is woefully limited on the EM Spectrum! Teeny amount!)
    Give me a topic and I can ramble quite a bit!!!! Lol.

6. mac

mac Staff Member

There is only one source of creative energy, of life. You can call it what you like or think of it as a man with a beard but that force created all that exists here. And all that exists everywhere and anywhere. You might say that it's this creative energy that holds US together if it helps you picture the situation. But it's simpler - or more complicated - than that. It depends on your understanding.

This creative energy put in place everything that's needed for universes to exist and function- - that also includes their denizens or at least the systems that eventually led to their existence. The mechanisms aren't important to this conversation although they're interesting enough in their own right. But you could say all that good stuff is what holds everything in this dimension together - it's a near enough analogy.

kim misunderstood what I'd referred to, though, which was the transient nature of some objects created in the etheric dimensions and their 'reality' or not. Her comments followed in the direction the thread had been heading for a while - the consideration of reality and illusion but not of the mechanisms creating either. That could be a different topic for discussion.