1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

What does Death mean?

Discussion in 'Death and Life After Death' started by garry brunt, Jun 5, 2020.

1. mac

mac Staff Member

These are interesting considerations, kim. In the past I've asked what I think is a simple question. Are the sciences of the etheric dimensions comparable to those of this physical one? My guess is that they're not comparable and that 'the stuff' that makes up the dimensions isn't anything we humans could understand.
    I'd suggest it's likely that the denizens of the etheric don't understand 'how stuff works' in their dimension any better than most of us ordinary humans understand how stuff works here - why would they?

As for the "different frequencies" aspect well I've been talking about this for years but I have no idea how one could define the frequency of a dimension in the first place. We know from teachers that everything works at a 'higher vibration' than applies here but how that would be expressed scientifically I have no idea. If it ever can be explained then maybe our world's scientists will begin to listen.

All I have at a personal level is a mental impression of the differences and I gained that impression from reflecting on these matters and asking questions whenever I get chance - even though I rarely get a detailed answer.

I still do wonder about these matters but I'm no further forward now than I was several years ago. Before long, though, I'll get my answers after I've kicked my clogs but whether I'll care by then is anyone's guess. I might not even remember - or just might not care - that these issues used to interest me. ;)

baob and kim like this.
  2. frith

frith New Member

If there is any truth to spirituality and you exist somewhere else after you die, then death represents the end of the hoax you temporarily were in and your entrance back into actual reality.

3. bluebird

bluebird Major Contributor

I disagree. If there is some sort of afterlife, that is a continuation of the existence we have here on earth, as this life here on earth is a continuation of the life we had in heaven/beforelife prior to this earthly life. This life is not a hoax, nor is it any less real than the afterlife -- every point of every soul's existence is equally real and valid. I would liken it to living in different towns and countries over the course of one's existence -- they're all real, they're just different. One has different experiences in each place, and some places may mean more or have more significance to a particular person, but they are all equally part of that person's existence.

kim and mac like this.
  4. mac

mac Staff Member

Beautifully expressed, bb. :)

5. mac

mac Staff Member

Some individuals like to make out that life's an illusion, a hoax if you will, and some even liken it to living in a cyber game.

They may assert that only the so-called afterlife is 'real' without having defined what the word 'real' means. I guess through their eyes it's the way things appear.

But as I always say on this subject - somewhat smugly because nobody has been able to refute it - every dimension, every single state of existence away from source, is as real or as unreal as every other.

And there is no such thing as actual reality - it's simply reality. ;)

6. bluebird

bluebird Major Contributor

:) Thank you.

7. kim

kim Regular Contributor

This is really nice to read Mac. Thank-you!

8. Miss Hepburn

Miss Hepburn New Member

What I bolded is a bit profound in my opinion.

Now, I would be one of those that says this that we see with our eyes open, to be specific, (from my personal experience -
    not theorizing or philosophying) is a dream, an illusion...matter....the chair, my mother, my doggy...

Oh my gosh ---I was shown that at 8 yrs old ...while my mouth was dropped, stunned
    looking all around me---
    and my little mind saw it like things being like the props in a Hollywood Western's Main St...behind the facades were
    2x4s holding it all up.
    My first 'altered state' with no drugs, hahahah...I like to add that, ie, "with no drugs" (cuz people ask).
    Since then, oh my - so many other altered states - that I call Divine Insights or Cosmic Consciousness...
    so many names to say
    the Doors of Perception have been opened.
    I'm just weird that way ... like some people are psychic...some of us have our weird 'gifts', imo.

PS - Not saying our loves and angers are illusion ---just what we see with our eyes open. ;)

9. mac

mac Staff Member

Could you define 'real' or 'reality'? Then we can compare 'illusion' with it....

10. Miss Hepburn

Miss Hepburn New Member

I don't think this is my definition that I came up with ---but
    it sure seems correct...put in my words, tho -
    What is real lasts; is forever. What is not real changes, is temporary, even vanishes.

Anything that you can hold in your hand is not real.
    Anything you can hold in your heart...is.

This is a more poetic approach.

baob likes this.