1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

What does Death mean?

Discussion in 'Death and Life After Death' started by garry brunt, Jun 5, 2020.

1. amina89

amina89 New Member

Depends,in my opinion (and i do not believe in reincarnation) death means moving on,to an other plane,existence,dimensium

Your soul most probably moves on and "reincarnates" spiritually but that is not reincarnation as we see it

I discussed this with a believer of Vedic teachings,and it suprised me that the Vedas do not mention reincarnation nor do the few peoples who still hold on to ancient hinduism believe in reincarnation today :) he says "the heavenly way is eternal".It is the closes to my personal belief i think...

anyway once you lose someone you always hope they will see you,you will meet them one day..no comfort if you think "this is it,he/she is moving on to an other life and i will live this life for what i have left then i too will move on to an other life" ..depressing to me!
    '
    but evweryone has their own and i respect it

2. amina89

amina89 New Member

so you wont be able just to look up someone even though he is not that into meeting you? anyone who knows more about this?

3. kim

kim Regular Contributor

So, Mac, if someone practices tough-love they will be attracted to a tough-love dimension, but on the other end, if a person is compassionate they will be attracted to a compassionate dimension? We are to mature here in this dimension, so as to learn to work together?

4. mac

mac Staff Member

I don't do 'tough love' kim..... Love isn't tough so anything that's tough isn't love in my book. But essentially you're right about who will be with whom.

Those who have a 'tough-love' approach - bullying, abusive etc. - will not be with those who are caring. For example, if you had an abusive parent, partner or whatever you'll not be attracted to being with that partner etc. and that individual won't be able to continue his/her abusive behavior towards you.

The ones who care about others will be in the company of others who feel the same way. Totally unlike this physical dimension people with very different behaviors won't be together - there's no attraction. What we learn from experience in this world will vary from person to person and learning to work together might well be an important plan for anyone's incarnate life.

kim likes this.
  5. mac

mac Staff Member

Death of the body does indeed signal moving-on of the spirit that animated it - our 'true self'.

Our souls are continually 'moving on' one incarnation after another and in other ways. Reincarnation is often represented in ways that don't appeal to my reason, often appearing (to me) confused and confusing.

Adherents to faiths and beliefs hold various views. None have a monopoly-of-truth about the actual situation and even what's taught may be imperfectly understood by adherents to that teaching.

All of us 'move on' and any of us may be incarnate at varying times. Those we love and have passed will spend time 'over there' and wait to meet up with us after our own passing if that's what they choose. Thinking about such a situation can make us sad but that's because we're viewing things purely from our human perspective. Before we incarnated we knew more of 'the big picture' and after we pass over we'll become re-acquainted with it again. THEN we'll see things for their true values.

I respect the right of any individual to continue believing whatever they wish even when alternative explanations have been offered. You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink and if folk choose to continue believing what they always have then that's an end to matters. I certainly have no desire to try to change anyone's outlook against their wishes.

6. mac

mac Staff Member

You'll be able to send your thoughts/wishes to anyone you choose but you can't dictate how they'll react. If that individual has no wish to be with you then you can't change that. Again it's the opposite of what someone might do here in the physical where one individual can pester or stalk another.

If, though, both of you wish to 'meet up' then meeting up will be the natural consequence. :)

7. kim

kim Regular Contributor

Mac, please help me with the idea of reincarnation, because I don't know anything about it. When we are absent from this body, I assume we have another body that seems real. Is that considered incarnation or is this the only dimension of physical incarnation?

8. mac

mac Staff Member

Teachers and guides tell us that after we pass over we live in our etheric bodies. They don't SEEM real, they ARE real and are as solid as the ones we're living in when we're alive in this world, this dimension, kim.

When I speak about incarnation I often say something like "this particular, physical dimension" but there are other physical dimensions (we've been taught) so you could say we incarnate into any of those also.

kim likes this.
  9. kim

kim Regular Contributor

All of these dimensions are made of the same stuff but exist at different frequencies?

10. bluebird

bluebird Major Contributor

Thank you, mac. :) And no worries, I know you weren't wishing me dead, lol!

Steven, I do keep an open mind. Believe me, I would be so happy if I could believe in the existence of an afterlife (provided that said afterlife were one in which we are reunited with our dead loved ones, are able to be with them, etc.). I don't DISbelieve, I am genuinely agnostic regarding the possible existence of an afterlife. What may be obvious proof to you does not present as obvious proof to everyone -- if it did, no one on the planet would have any doubt.