1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

What does Death mean?

Discussion in 'Death and Life After Death' started by garry brunt, Jun 5, 2020.

1. death doesn't mean death of self but it simply means life of this body is finished and you have to move to new body and this process is called re-incarnation.
    correct me if my answer is wrong with your answer :)

2. mac

mac Staff Member

welcome to ALF :)

You're correct in saying that death means the death of one's physical body but you don't have to move to a new body. ;) We lived before we came here, we will live one in a different dimension after we pass over.

Reincarnation - the process of undertaking a further life as an incarnate human - is something we are able to choose to do at a time that's right for us.

kim and amina89 like this.
  3. bluebird

bluebird Major Contributor

garry,

I respect your view, but for me it's all "up in the air" -- I'm agnostic. I don't know if there's an afterlife -- maybe there is one, and that's where we go when we die, or maybe we just die and that's it. As for reincarnation, that may exist or it may not -- if it does, I just hope it's not something we're forced into doing, because I never will if I have the choice.

4. STEVEN LEVEE

STEVEN LEVEE New Member

LOL:)! Blue. Do some investigating there's tons out there & come to your own conclusions. A bunch of us can tell you what we know...not think...but know to be true & it wouldn't mean a thing to you...Go seek & ye shall find!
    Blessings,
    Steve

5. bluebird

bluebird Major Contributor

Steven,

I have done; that's why I am agnostic.

6. mac

mac Staff Member

bluebird has been on ALF and 'at this stuff' for a very long time hoping to find reassurance she so dearly would like.

She's done all the researching you could reasonably expect but it's not helped her feel convinced about survival et al. I have another friend on another website who knows at least as much about death, survival and Spiritualism as I do, and has sat with mediums and watched demonstrations of mediumship. Yet he remains unsure.

We need to respect the effort folk have made and not assume that because they don't believe that they haven't tried their best.

bluebird likes this.
  7. STEVEN LEVEE

STEVEN LEVEE New Member

Very true...yet baffling, Mac. It's all out there. Obvious even:-/ It's good to doubt and be skeptical Blue...just keep an open mind when the time comes...You will have your answers then.

8. Ruby

Ruby Established Member

I am open-minded both ways and also to the appeal of an afterlife. A lot of us have someone special in mind we would like to see again, but at the same time there are others in our close family we don't feel any kind of wish to see. Not speaking from personal experience here; my sister irritates me within five minutes in her company but that is nothing compared to those who spent their lives with violent and abusive parents and partners. How would they feel about the prospect of an afterlife? They might fear it more than anything.

9. mac

mac Staff Member

I don't find it baffling. We are individuals and react as such. What works for one doesn't automatically work for another whatever field you look at. Survival et al is - I suggest - an even more individual issue.

Neither are things necessarily obvious. Many things I find easy to see - obvious to me - and then resolve aren't automatically obvious to others. I once worked in science and electronics and consider myself analytical by nature and training but if that's not your nature then you may struggle. A similar principle obtains when I'm working a spiritual problem, something where I have to consider issues in different ways.

As for bluebird finding her answers "when the time comes" we can only pray her time does soon come and that she does find her answers but thus far it's been a tough journey for her.

ps What I mean by her time soon coming is the time she accepts survival - I didn't mean her passing. :( Sorry if it came over wrong, bb.

10. mac

mac Staff Member

Surviving death and the so-called afterlife isn't a matter of appeal - it's gonna happen whether or not it has any appeal for you. Same for everyone else - they don't get to choose whether they survive hence the afterlife is just a matter of fact - even if individuals don't get it.

After you pass over it's simple. Those for whom you have love - and who reciprocate that - will find themselves drawn to one another if it's what they'd like. If it ain't then they won't. Abusive partners won't be able to perpetuate their previous abuse and the one abused won't be stuck with 'em.

Like-attracts-like and if you ain't alike then you ain't gonna attract one another.