1. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.
    Dismiss Notice

What do you consider valid ADC?

Discussion in 'After-Death Communication' started by Mark Zerafa, Dec 27, 2016.

1. Nirvana

Nirvana Member

"She said "I would just love it up here!" only with her specific voice inflection only she can do. I can do a descent enough immitation. I also remember she could change the print and color of her dress by how she was feeling. Sometimes it would be a flower print that was green and yellow. Sometimes blue with flowers. She could also change her hairstyle. This was important to my mom because she would go to a beautician every Friday to get her hair "done". She looked to me like she was between the ages of 20-30 in the dream. She had no gray hair in the dream, it was all black. I never knew her when she was in her 20's and 30's. I was born when she was in her late 30's. She died when she was 80. In the dream she seemed very fit and happy."

from a comment by a mother's son in this thread: https://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comments/66tu9x/serious_for_people_who_truly_believe_they_have/

2. kim marine

kim marine Active Member

Typical Christians seem to give God the same status as Santa Claus.

3. bluebird

bluebird Well-Known Member

I disagree. Some do, that much is true, but they tend to be the very young and/or the very misinformed.

4. mac

mac senior member Staff Member

."..what does "GOOHF" stand for?" 'Get Out Of Hell Free' - neat, eh? :D

:oops: OOPS! My notification didn't arrive before I'd posted the above. :oops:

5. mac

Nothing can change what didn't happen but any intense desire relates to the dimension left behind. It's arguable that if you carry over with you your frustration over unfulfillment - and if you're unble to resolve it - you might choose to return to try again.

6. kim marine

kim marine Active Member

Life is eternal. I don't want the low vibrational nature of this world to wrongly influence the vibrational nature that is within my mind, because that's what is eternal. However I choose to think is where I'll spend eternity, but I can decide to change my thoughts whenever I'd like to. Eternity is in the NOW.

7. Amore

Amore Active Member

I think we only take our problems with us when we pass on if we cling to them, hold onto them in our mind. You are free to realize that they don't matter as much as you believed and to let them go at any time.

As to whether this life on this earth is real, I would say yes it is, but compared to the spirit world it is a flimsy reality. It is ever changing, nothing lasts, solid matter has been proven to be not solid at all, etc. Eternal life, the spirit world, is much more profound, a much deeper and wider and all encompassing reality, in which physical reality only plays a small part. Physical reality is like a school where we learn to let love and kindness and joy shine through despite being condensed in these limited bodies and brains, struggling to survive, dealing with adverse and even hostile environments, etc. It's like God thought one day, let's see if I can still find ways to be loving if I lower my vibrations waaayyy down and put myself in all these shitty situations. Like an experiment or something. It's important and real but not as much as we believe it to be. And when we pass on it falls away like a shell and we realize we were never that shell and that the shell never mattered much. What matters is the love we were able to bring "down here" while we were in the body.

I think that is what is meant when they say this earthly life is not real.

That's just my take on it.

Nirvana likes this.
  8. kim marine

kim marine Active Member

A flimsy reality, Amore, that is a good way of putting it. Divine Consciousness only pays attention to what It created, and what It created is just like It: Perfect.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2018
  9. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

"Get Out Of Hell Free" ;-). It's the GOOHF card! And you pronounce it "Goof," since in fact there is no such card and the fake first-century theology that produced it always was a gigantic goof. Heh - every time I write that I think of it as my personal gift to Jesus, my Eternal Wayshower and Best Friend.

10. mac

I disagree over all the points you've made. When you speak about God thinking in the way you've suggested you're showing that you are simply considering the situation from the constrained perspective of an incarnate. God isn't a single entity and isn't a human. It doesn't have thoughts in the way humans have thoughts.

11. Amore

Amore Active Member

Thanks for the reminder mac ;) That's why I started my sentence with "It's like". I used the word 'God' and his/her/its presumed thoughts to paint a picture of how existence may have unfolded to the point that we are now here living a perceived reality in a physical body. By no means do I believe in a God as a single entity with human-like thoughts.

12. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

Dear Nirvana, I can think of several of reasons for such a desire. For example:

1) It may be meant to spur you to struggle and stretch beyond your comfort zone, or to make you seek to return to your life-plan if you have gotten off-track. In my experience, this kind of angst is a powerful driver for people who are stuck in a rut in life to make them try harder to get out of that rut!

2) It may be meant to help you correct mistakes that kept you from growing in a past lifetime. This is kind of the mirror-image of #1 above. If, for example, you chose money over love in a past lifetime, you may have chosen to build in a craving for money in this one so you can face those same choices but this time make all the right decisions!

3) Above all, you are meant to do SOMETHING! Never ignore any persistent urge or craving: it is there to prompt you to react to it. Don't assume that, well, after you die it will be satisfied, since that is pretty certain NOT to happen; instead, if you don't face it and work on it now, the period right after your death is going to be one big swear-filled eruption of "DARN IT!" and plans quickly made to start right in on basically the same lifetime over again that you are living now so that THIS time you will actually follow your life-plan!

I hope this helps, dear!

13. bluebird

I wasn't commenting on what is or is not "eternal"; I was commenting on what is "real". Those two words are not synonyms.

14. bluebird

If there is a god at all, then I tend to agree with what you've said about it.

Which is part of why no human should go about purporting to "know" the true nature of god (not directed at you, mac, I mean just in general).

DenverGuy likes this.
  15. mac

I'm sure what God isn't but have little idea what God is....

16. kim marine

kim marine Active Member

Mac :)

Last edited: Jan 20, 2018