1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

What do you consider valid ADC?

Discussion in 'After-Death Communication' started by Mark Zerafa, Dec 27, 2016.

1. Amore

Amore Active Member

Thanks for the reminder mac ;) That's why I started my sentence with "It's like". I used the word 'God' and his/her/its presumed thoughts to paint a picture of how existence may have unfolded to the point that we are now here living a perceived reality in a physical body. By no means do I believe in a God as a single entity with human-like thoughts.

2. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

Dear Nirvana, I can think of several of reasons for such a desire. For example:

1) It may be meant to spur you to struggle and stretch beyond your comfort zone, or to make you seek to return to your life-plan if you have gotten off-track. In my experience, this kind of angst is a powerful driver for people who are stuck in a rut in life to make them try harder to get out of that rut!

2) It may be meant to help you correct mistakes that kept you from growing in a past lifetime. This is kind of the mirror-image of #1 above. If, for example, you chose money over love in a past lifetime, you may have chosen to build in a craving for money in this one so you can face those same choices but this time make all the right decisions!

3) Above all, you are meant to do SOMETHING! Never ignore any persistent urge or craving: it is there to prompt you to react to it. Don't assume that, well, after you die it will be satisfied, since that is pretty certain NOT to happen; instead, if you don't face it and work on it now, the period right after your death is going to be one big swear-filled eruption of "DARN IT!" and plans quickly made to start right in on basically the same lifetime over again that you are living now so that THIS time you will actually follow your life-plan!

I hope this helps, dear!

3. bluebird

bluebird Well-Known Member

I wasn't commenting on what is or is not "eternal"; I was commenting on what is "real". Those two words are not synonyms.

4. bluebird

bluebird Well-Known Member

If there is a god at all, then I tend to agree with what you've said about it.

Which is part of why no human should go about purporting to "know" the true nature of god (not directed at you, mac, I mean just in general).

DenverGuy likes this.
  5. mac

mac senior member Staff Member

I'm sure what God isn't but have little idea what God is....

6. kim marine

kim marine Active Member

Mac :)

Last edited: Jan 20, 2018