1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

What do I remember?

Discussion in 'Spiritual Growth & Development' started by Tyler George, Apr 29, 2019.

1. Tyler George

Tyler George New Member

Hello I'm new to the forum and my name is Tyler.
    I would like to state that I'm very happy I came across such a forum.
    Growing up I had been so oblivious to the thought of death and to think that such a thing can't happen to me. But unfortunately, it happens one day (from our knowledge).
    Stumbling across the forum to come and realize other people think very similar excites me.
    To get to my point I want to share with you a past memory.
    I truly believe I was somewhere along the lines of being inside of my mother as a fetus. I remember feeling mostly constricted but just movement within my eyes. I also remember seeing bright red everywhere with
    dark spots of rectangular shapes. I don't know what memory I see when I see this but it has always been with me EVER since I started to grasp reality. I started to grasp reality on my 6th birthday, (little later, but
    have life issues ceasing my memorys) (I think atleast). Does this sound possible, or am I just remembering something else. I have never lost the thought and have always needed some kind of opinion on it.
    The people I surround myself don't view things the same as I do and are much different people then myself.

2. poeticblue

poeticblue member

Welcome Tyler,

We seem to have a lot of new members recently that just so happened to have found this forum. :) Feel free to post on the introduction section if you wish.

Regarding your post, I can’t be much of help dealing with the questions that you have asked since it’s not my genre of expertise unfortunately. We have certain members here however, stating that they do recollect being born out of their mothers womb and having memories of coming into this life pre-birth.

I’m sure others here will give you great guidance with what you seek. Feel free to roam the forums (which much of us do) and find topics that suit your need.

Tyler George likes this.
  3. Tyler George

Tyler George New Member

I appreciate your kindness.
    ---will go browse forum for more info.

4. poeticblue

poeticblue member

Browsing the forum, researching, and finding your own truth is the best approach to getting certain answers that you seek.

I appreciate your compliment, but I do have my flaws. Let us know if you have any questions on your research.

Tyler George likes this.
  5. mac

mac Staff Member

welcome to ALF :)

In terms of your experience there's no-one who can tell you for certain that your memory is as you've interpreted it - but there's no-one who can tell you with authority that it's not! :) For my money, though, I reckon you're likely to be spot-on correct.

On a purely personal note I encourage you not to allow death to crowd your thoughts. At the risk of sounding (yet again) like a busy-body old fart it's what I try to encourage most young uns to do. ;):D By all means be aware and be curious but you're young and here in the world to experience life as an incarnate being. Enjoy your life, enjoy what you do, investigating the world of the spirit and survival etc. can come any time you choose but can wait - there's no urgent need to know this stuff. :)

Tyler George likes this.
  6. Tyler George

Tyler George New Member

"For my money, though, I reckon you're likely to be spot-on correct.". :) - Thank you for those words.
    I'm trying to get "further" quicker, so I can feel more at ease to get past life obstacles.

7. mac

mac Staff Member

Let us know how that works out, eh? ;) Seriously, though, the process of learning and understanding may not be a quick one based on my personal experience and that reported by others. Don't sweat the small stuff though but try not to bite off pieces so big they may choke you.

May I suggest you shortlist a few items you most would like to understand and then take a good look around ALF's pages to see what's been said about them before, see if anything appeals to you?

8. ravensgate

ravensgate Regular Contributor

Was the prebirth environment always red? Did it ever go darker to the point you could not tell the exact colour?

9. Tyler George

Tyler George New Member

It was mainly bright red with the darker rectangular shapes. I don't remember being there for a lengthy time. But after that it was like my life was flashing quick scenes, then I'm 6 and my memory starts to go more clear. I mean I understand It's brain development with not being able to remember that far back. But why present my life in small glimpses until 6?

Was the first glimpse really the first glimpse? Could I be blocking out a trip to the hospital?

10. ravensgate

ravensgate Regular Contributor

Tyler George, I'm not sure about "blocking out a trip to the hospital" as I do not remember reading in your post of a trip to the hospital.
    However, it is certainly possible that you could have blocked out the memory of it, especially if it was traumatic. Childbirth is traumatic. Early traumatic experiences can affect how our brain develops and, later, how we perceive the world and the events that occur in this world. The human brain develops from the bottom up. The lowest parts are mainly concerned with survival. Repeat trauma to these areas will cause "faulty connections". Think of brain development as a ladder, the rungs being its development. If those rungs are weak (due to insults of various types), the brain will continue to develop, but on a weakened foundation which then throws most of what's built upon it out of kilter, so to speak. I'd be glad to read more about your hospital trip, however :)
    The bright red with the darker rectangular shapes... difficult to say what you were seeing, as sight is the last sense to fully develop. It is possible that you could have seen the womb environment, but the color part is difficult to explain because it takes a few months after birth to distinguish colors (and red happens to be the first color babies see!). Finally, in regards to small glimpses of your early life, this is something we are still researching. The development of your hippocampus (which forms and stores memories, though other brain areas are involved) could have something to do with it. The inability to fully recall early childhood is what is known as "childhood amnesia". Several theories have been proposed but, as I mentioned, childhood amnesia research continues. Hope this helped, if only a little.