1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

what are 3 strongest evidence that make you believe after life does exist?

Discussion in 'Afterlife Evidence' started by dogtree, Jul 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. poeticblue

poeticblue member

1. I almost died when I was born. I had to be fed through a tube within the corner of my forehead. I had poision in my blood during birth as well as my mother. We both made it out alive. Later on in my teenage years I read that at birth we make a choice whether to continue on with life or whether to take our exit due to our circumstances not being right I.E. crib death. I chose life and not death. It made sense.

2. I have been told since I was a child by random strangers, that I was meant to make a difference in peoples life. I did not know these people. And ironically they told me these things at the most suicidal times of my life. It made me believe that we do in fact pre-plan our life here before we are born. We have certain people "nudge" us along the way to keep us going.

3. I have dreamt of a land with orange/purple skies, a white horse that has greeted me on more than one an occasion, and people dressed in white robes... this is all before I even researched the afterlife. As a matter of fact, these dreams are what made me reasearch the afterlife in the first place thus confirming that it exist. The thing that has always stood out to me the most about this research, is that I have always read that the sky looked like a sunset with no sun.

Done.

2. I didn't have an NDE . I was dead for 4 full minutes .

3. beadtrader

beadtrader New Member

Do you feel like you can share what you experienced?

4. LachlanMac

LachlanMac New Member

I was drunk last night and don't remember most of it. If only I could tell myself nothing happened...

5. Andrew

Andrew Guest

Hi Flatliner!

Although we don't really talk about it much (because it's not as useful for proving life after death), many people do die temporarily and come back with no memories of that time. I don't know of any statistics about this, but I would assume that it actually happens to a lot of people.

But why? If there's really an afterlife, wouldn't the powers that be (i.e. God, Mind, et al.) want to share that with everyone? Well, it depends actually. None of us can attempt to understand completely why Spirit chooses to do or not do something, but here are my thoughts, based on the research I have done.

It seems likely that some near-death memories may not beneficial to the experiencer. For example in an interview I did with Dr. PMH Atwater, a near-death researcher, she recounted how one man she knew had an NDE and remember going to a wonderful, heavenly place. He said that this was the worst thing that ever happened to him. The man felt that he couldn't move on with life and just wanted to die. I'm guessing that quite a few people would react that way. So, it is possible that you weren't "allowed" to retain the memories of your NDE, because they would have actually hindered spiritual growth, rather than enhanced it.

Another possibility is that your brain (the physical organ in your head) reacted to the trauma of dying by suppressing the memories that you mind (your spirit, in other words) recorded during your death event. If memory serves me, I did read somewhere that this does happen...not sure where though. It makes sense, I think.

What's important to remember is that you're always conscious. No matter whether you're dead, "unconscious," asleep, or what have you. Your mind (again your Spirit) is always conscious. The problem is that your brain cannot always access the memories from when it wasn't conscious. There was a great thread on this that was poular last November - I'll have to see if I can find it. So, more than likely, you did have an experience, but simply cannot remember it for one reason or another.

I hope this helps!

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 23, 2012
  6. This literally made me laugh out loud.

7. Well, during an NDE, the patient's line goes flat.

8. Hallucinations. If your uncle was really standing foot at your bed, then the photons from your uncle should be hitting your eyes. If this was the case, a camera should be able to absorb those photons and prove that your uncle was really standing at your bed. Unfortunately, not a single picture of anything supernatural has ever been discovered.

If a person can talk to the dead, then they should be able to gather specific and detailed information from them that can't know by themselves. But alas, most people who can communicate with the dead can't do this.

The population of the united states is 310 million. So if somebody has experienced something that has a 1 in 60,000 chance of happening in their lifetime and then reports it, it is well within chance of happening. The fact is that you don't hear of the many billion events that aren't trivial signs and coincidences.

Endogenous dimethyltryptamine is natural produced in the pineal gland of the brain and may be responsible for lucid dreaming. It seems to be released in large quantities as someone is dying. Patients given dimethyltryptamine (DMT) experienced near death experiences just as the same as those with NDE by dying. Experience of extreme peacefulness and of a higher power being. Also DMT can cause an experience that lasts a few minutes feel like a few days, the reason why is because we rely on our memories to determine how long an experience really was.

A study was undertaken by a few hospitals that put marquee sign above the operating table to determine whether or not people actually were outside of their body. Not a single person has recalled there being a marquee sign or the text on the sign to confirm an nde.

Dr. Rick Strassman, when researching the effects of dimethyltryptamine, discovered that many experiences patients had matched he experiences of near death experiences. Also, when the brain is deprived of oxygen, the feeling of being outside the body and tunnel vision can be induced. This has been clearly observed in g-forced induced loss of consciousness. Also, an NDE could be caused by the few minutes of someone coming out of a coma, so the brain really wasn't dead during the NDE.

Basically, the human brain is no different than a computer. Just because we are carbon based organisms instead of silicon based computer chips doesn't mean we get an afterlife. Fossils show a gradual increase of the brain from 400 cubic centimeters to 1400 cubic centimeters. So how large does a brain need to get in order for the person to be given an afterlife? If one part of the human brain is damaged, function is lost. If the entire human brain is destroyed, all function is lost and for good. When you die, you'll stop existing for all eternity and it will be just as if the universe or you never existed in the first place. The afterlife will be like the 14 billion years that went by before you were born, which is absolute nothingness.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2012
  9. Millie

Millie New Member

Okay, obviously you don't believe in an afterlife. With every piece of evidence you give, there is evidence in support of an afterlife. I have had my doubts as well, but one of the things that keeps me believing are shared near death experiences. Those aren't just subjective like regular NDEs because it's experienced among 2 or more people. Care to take a go at that?

10. Not evidence. The stress caused by seeing someone die can cause hallucinations and possible release of DMT. There is also very few shared near death experience reports. So in a population of 300+ million, it would be unusual to not get reports of shared NDE. If an event has a 1 in 10,000 chance of happening and you heard many reports of this same event happening, then you'd think that there is something going on. But in fact, what is happening is that your not hearing the 9,999 other people who do not say anything because nothing ever happened. So just because there can be a miniscule chance of an event happening doesn't mean that it is caused by something supernatural. It is simply caused by chance just like everyone else was caused by chance in this universe. Also shared NDE are inconsistent in the details of what happened.

Why is there not a single picture from a camera of these shared NDE? Because the photons are not there. Why do we not see ghosts on TV? If I was a ghost, the first thing I would do is appear and go on TV. But even if ghosts don't exist, you'd at least expect people with NDE to be able to tell us what the led marque signs say above the bed or any type of evidence that these experiences can't be caused by hallucinations.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.