1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

what are 3 strongest evidence that make you believe after life does exist?

Discussion in 'Afterlife Evidence' started by dogtree, Jul 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. With more details, I've narrowed it down to 3 probable causes for this event.

1. It was just a coincidence.

2. As your mom was crying and hugging other family members at the time the person died, she hit her watch which pulled the stem of the battery operated watch and caused it to stop. She didn't notice until 40-50 minutes later.

3. Your mom pulled the stem of the watch when she watched her mom die in order to remember the time of death, not knowing that the hospice would record it. Your mom later forgot that she did that and no longer has an explanation for why the watch stopped. She might've remembered a minute later that she stopped it but didn't want to mention anything to avoid unwanted attention.

There are millions of deaths that happen each year. So it would be unusual if a few watches out there did not stop when people died. What we hear are the cases where the watches stopped, not the millions of others where watches did not stop.

I believing in telling the truth, not saying things based on what feels right. We will all eventually enter the state of nothingness and there is nothing that can be done about it. Reality is cruel to us.

It's ok though, you and I won't know when we've entered the state of nothingness. We were all perfectly fine with not existing during the last 14 billion years.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2012
  2. sarah4810

sarah4810 New Member

WLIP, I'd like to hear your responses to the rest of my last post about NDE's. You said you wanted Proof where other people corroborated the experience while the person was dead. I mentioned several instances like that and you didn't respond.

3. mac

mac Staff Member

Seems the children have carried on playing with WLIP while I've been asleep. ;)

Come on guys isn't it time to just say enough-is-enough and head for another thread? This member's got you all on strings just like a marionette-master. He/she pulls the strings, you dance to the tune.

The overall tone has become more-and-more personal, more-and-more hurtful, more-and-more angry. You each have a choice. Starve the member who's angering you so much of the oxygen of attention and that member will suffocate. Isn't it time to stop playing her/his game?

And, Roberta, if they won't stop misbehaving, perhaps they should have their toys taken away by locking this thread?

Last edited: Nov 23, 2012
  4. Millie

Millie New Member

Thank you for saying something, Carol. I was also hurt by his statement. Only those of us who are grieving can feel it.

5. If forum members would simply ignore WLIP, he/she will go away. If you don't have the willpower to ignore her/him you can click on WLIP's member info and click 'Add to Ignore List' and you will not see posts from WLIP again (I think, I've never tried it). If you don't have the willpower to do that, then you have to ask yourself a question, "What do I get out of letting this person push my buttons?" And maybe you have something very valuable to learn from all of this.

If forum members believe that WLIP is being cruel and insensitive (many of you who are grieving the loss of a loved one may be very justified in believing so) then WLIP, should be banned. Just my opinion.

With Lovingkindness (metta),
    vic

6. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

Whylifeispointless, I have just read all the nonsense that you posted over the past two days. I am trying to be patient. Here are the facts:

1) It is clear that hearing anything that might threaten your world view makes you fearful. Every debunker in any field is afraid, by definition. I wasn't sure before what you were afraid of, but I realize now that living beyond your death terrifies you. So sorry that you feel threatened to know that you are eternal and you cannot die, but that is a fact. Better to deal with it now than later.

2) Everything that you post here is rooted in deliberate ignorance. You don't want to learn anything. Rather, you just want to pull the blankets over your head and stick your fingers in your ears and sing "La-la-la!" loudly.

3) Nothing that you have posted in the past 24 hours is of any value to anyone.. I don't know how old you are, but I have spent a half-century researching the afterlife and afterlife-related scientific fields. I have done my research with considerable skepticism because I don't want to be comforted - I want to know. You don't want to know anything, however - you are afraid of what you might find. And you are insulting us by repeating nonsense - you re not even trying to contribute anything useful. For you to dabble in debunkerism when you don't even know how to do that well only makes you look ridiculous. I have dealt with expert debunkers, sweetie! Reading you is like reading the ravings of someone sitting on his porch looking at his horizon and insisting that the world has to be flat because it sure enough looks flat to him from there. Learn first how to do what you are determined to do with even a wisp of credibility attached to it before you do further posting here.

Whylifeispointless, this is your second warning. Throughout your membership here you have shown no interest in learning anything, but rather you continue to repeat the same ignorant debunker talking-points (and you don't even do that very well). You are misleading the genuinely curious and wasting the energies of those trying to help you. It is our policy to love and care for everyone and try sincerely to answer all questions, but you long since stopped asking questions. Most of your activities involve trying to bait other members. We ban posters very reluctantly. But the next time your probably-too-patient administrator judges you to be in violation of this second warning, you will be banned.

dan t likes this.
  7. Even if the thread is locked, people will read it, and as has been pointed out, there are a number of WLIP's statements that are commonly held beliefs. They should not go unanswered, or it will appear that these ideas are something you are afraid to consider.

Most of the people on this forum are educated, serious adults, and taking this sort of patronizing tone is really just as insulting (more so, really, since you know better) than anything this ignorant adolescent has been throwing out.

8. sarah4810

sarah4810 New Member

Couldn't have said it better myself. I'd rather debate with a close minded skeptic than interact with users who are often condescending towards others.

9. mac

mac Staff Member

10. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

Dear friends, I have just posted a blog entry about the differences between skeptics and debunkers. If you want to discuss the subject, do you think that we should begin a new thread? Comments to blog posts seem to be overlooked....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.