1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

what are 3 strongest evidence that make you believe after life does exist?

Discussion in 'Afterlife Evidence' started by dogtree, Jul 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sarah4810

sarah4810 New Member

This didnt happen directly to me, but I was there. My grandmother (moms mom) passed away a few years ago. About 45 minutes after her passing, my mom noticed her watch stopped. The time her watch stopped on was the exact time my grandmother passed away. Her watch started again exactly 50 min later, about 5 minutes after my mom noticed it stopped. It was like my grandmother made the watch stop long enough until mom noticed. The convincing part for my mom was that the watch started ticking again. Coincidence? Maybe to some. But 'proof' enough for my mom, and me. :)

2. Possible causes:
    Your mom stopped the watch at that time, showed you, then later started the watch again.
    Your mom lied to you.
    Just a coincidence.
    You are lying to us.

And how do you know the exact time that your grandmother died? Where did you get that information from. If your grandmother made the watch stop, why isn't she able to go on TV or cause an object to move around a scientist to prove that the supernatural exists? Also, what would be the purpose of stopping a watch? For what?

You've probably had a few relatives that died in the time span of a couple years. So if a relative died in at 2pm, another died at 4pm, and another died at 6pm, almost anywhere the watch stops means that it's a relative that stopped it.

A clock could've stopped in your room and that would've increased the chances of this event happening. Basically, if anything unusual happens that connects in any way to one of your past relatives, it means that something supernatural happened? How about those many other times when her watch stopped and she said nothing? How about when your other relatives' watch stops and say nothing? How about your other relatives' clocks on the wall that stopped and said nothing about?

If your refrigerator stops working at the time of your grandmas death or anyone else's death, it means they stopped it. If a pipe starts leaking at a time of a relative's death, it means they caused it. If your computer suddenly goes black and breaks at 2:31pm, it means your uncle caused it, but if your computer breaks down at 3:41, your grandpa caused it.

What makes you think your grandma stopped the watch? How do you know that aliens did not stop the watch or some leprechauns?

The truth is that your grandma no longer exists and will never interact with you directly or indirectly ever again. There is no possible way anything can interact with someone who has died. Your grandma entered the eternal and bottomless void from which there is no escape.

Thank you for your story, it only solidified my belief that the paranormal do not exist.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2012
  3. Eli

Eli New Member

Obviously, incidents like this have happened on numerous occasions. So according to you, all of them are either lies or pure coincidence?
    The example your giving is unrealistic. She's saying that it stopped in or around the time that her relative passed away, not 30, 40 minutes later.

4. sarah4810

sarah4810 New Member

And how do you know the exact time that your grandmother died? Where did you get that information from. - Hospice was there and called the time of death.

If your grandmother made the watch stop, why isn't she able to go on TV or cause an object to move around a scientist to prove that the supernatural exists? - Read around in this forum and you will find the answer to this fairly quickly

Also, what would be the purpose of stopping a watch? For what? - to give a sign to my mother as validation that my grandmother crossed over and her soul continued.

Your mom stopped the watch at that time, showed you, then later started the watch again. She wouldn't lie to herself to get validation. She was never really 'into' the spiritual thing until after this instance. My mom noticed the watch stop when we were all (5-6 of us) sitting outside waiting for the funeral home to come pick her up. The look on her face when we all realized it stuck on my grandmothers time of death was pure sincerity. She was surprised, in awe, a little in disbelief. This was no show. But again, if this happened to you or someone close to you and you were there, you may be a bit more open minded/understanding.

No one was/is lying, and it's not a conspiracy. And...... as mentioned above, maybe to some, it is a coincidence.

Thank you for your story, it only solidified my belief that the paranormal do not exist. You're welcome. You will only take from it what you choose. This statement helps me to understand you a bit more, you seem to find some reason in anything to help you not 'believe'. I personally don't think you should be banned. I welcome the opposing sides arguments, beliefs, disbeliefs, reasoning etc, even if they do come across strong.

Just remember, there is no 'proof' that afterlife does NOT exist.

5. You mean answers based on pure guesswork?

Show me just ONE NDE where the dead person moved and caused a watch to stop 5 minutes after dying or did something to show that they were dead and it was validated with other people that it occurred.

So, piecing your story together, it seems like the hospice phoned your mom of the time of death, then later you all went to the hospice to see them drag her body out. This leaves for even more causes. Mechanical watches do stop after not being wound up for 1-2 days. You might also be having a strong confirmation bias and may be exaggerating the story and leaving out details to make it seem more plausible.

1. Someone living with your mom, heard your mom say the time of death over the phone or was notified of the time of death, then changed your moms watch to the time of death and then wound down the watch to make it stop ticking. Your mom then picked up the watch in a hurry and never looked at the time until 40-50 minutes later.

2. Pure coincidence.

3. Your mom changed the time of the watch to the time of death and later forgot about it.

4. You are lying to us.

5. Details are missing that could bring other worldly causes into account.

6. Your mom moved the mechanical watch dial the wrong way to make it stop working after she heard the news she didn't notice because she was so distraught.

7. The watch stopped days before at that time and it was only 40 minutes after the death that she noticed.

There is no proof that leprechauns do not exist.

There is evidence that the afterlife does not exist. The evidence is the conservation of energy, the conservation of information, and the 2nd law of thermodynamics.

The watch stopping due to supernatural forces would violate the laws of physics. Magical things never have and never will occur in this universe.

6. Carol and Mikey

Carol and Mikey Golden Hearts

Ok. I have watched this thread from afar, not wanting to get involved. But this last statement has done me in! No one, and I MEAN NO ONE, will ever get by with making a statement like this with out a comment by me! First of all, it is probably the most hurtful and cruel thing anyone could say to a person who has lost a loved one! And I will stand strong and tell you that you are absolutely WRONG! Be objective, but not cruel! You obviously have not experienced anything of what others here have. I feel sorry that you have not had the ability to see and be more open. I want you to think about yourself and look at yourself. You. Just you. Do you really feel that after you "die" that is it? Really? No more you? Really? That your inner being is gone forever? Really? That who you are is never to be seen and be able to interact again? Really? Define the word love for me. What is it to you? Does love mean anything? Loving connections mean anthing? Can something come from nothing? Law of physics: energy cannot be created or destroyed, it can only change form. Does this mean anything? If life is worthless, then why is it that most people try to do good? You do think they must all be wrong? Only you could be right? Look up into the sky at night. Do you really think this is all there is? Really? Open your eyes!!!!!!!! Open your ears!!!!!!!!!
    I hope someday you get slapped in the face with what is reality and true! But I will tell you this, NO ONE should EVER tell anyone what you just posted! Cruel and wrong! You or no one else is leaving this planet without going somewhere else! We will all live on. I will continue to argue with you there! :)
    Carol

dan t likes this.
  7. Isn't bracing truth better than false hope?

Yes, really. This is what I believe based on the scientific evidence presented to me. This is why life is pointless and devoid of any meaning. Close your eyes and imagine that you died tomorrow and that I was correct in that there is no afterlife. Try to imagine experiencing nothing.

"Nothing is that which rocks dream about." - Aristotle

You will be no different than a rock when you die and yes, that's it. There is nothing after that. It will be as if the big bang never occurred and that you never ever had a life.

Love does not objectively exist. It is nothing more than a bunch of cells in reaction in stimuli. A strong feeling of love is nothing more than a tactile hallucination.

The laws of physics says energy cannot be created or destroyed, which it wasn't. The net energy of the universe is zero, so the universe was nothing more than a quantum fluctuation without a cause. Energy was not created when the big bang occurred. Since time does not exist without space (hence space-time), time did not exist from our reference before the big bang. So from our own point of reference, nothing caused the big bang. Things could from nothing all the time, they are called virtual particles.

People do things not because they are good or bad, people do things because of the way the matter of their brains is arranged in interaction with the matter in the universe.

Yes, I do think that this is all that there is. What you see in the night sky is the aftermath of the big bang and happened based on the laws of physics.

You should be complaining to the universe. I'm just a messenger.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2012
  8. sarah4810

sarah4810 New Member

Show me just ONE NDE where the dead person moved and caused a watch to stop 5 minutes after dying or did something to show that they were dead and it was validated with other people that it occurred. - There are plenty of NDE's where patients have died, saw their bodies in the operating room, can quote personal conversations the doctors were having AFTER the patient was diagnosed clinically dead. They also mention instances specifically happening to resuscitate their bodies, or tools that were used, etc etc AFTER they were dead. Doctors back these stories, have you never read the multiple accounts of these cases? These cases are the PROOF you are seeking that you mention above. Is your argument to these that 'everyone involved is lying'? That's reaching far my friend.

So, piecing your story together, it seems like the hospice phoned your mom of the time of death, then later you all went to the hospice to see them drag her body out. This leaves for even more causes. Mechanical watches do stop after not being wound up for 1-2 days. You might also be having a strong confirmation bias and may be exaggerating the story and leaving out details to make it seem more plausible.
    -See your 'piecing together' is completely incorrect. We were ALL there, the 5-6 of us, at the time of death. Hospice was also there and called the time of death. Her watch was battery operated, not something she had to 'wind up' every few days.

1. Someone living with your mom, heard your mom say the time of death over the phone or was notified of the time of death, then changed your moms watch to the time of death and then wound down the watch to make it stop ticking. Your mom then picked up the watch in a hurry and never looked at the time until 40-50 minutes later. - this does not apply, see above correct scenario

2. Pure coincidence. - Possible for some, as I've already mentioned

3. Your mom changed the time of the watch to the time of death and later forgot about it. - Help me out with this one. My mom moved the watch the wrong way to make it stop working after she heard the news why?? She didn't notice b/c she was so distraught - if it were a hoax..don't you think she would remember her intention of moving the watch at time of death? The whole thing would be moot at this point. This is reaching on your part

4. You are lying to us.
    - nope not lying

5. Details are missing that could bring other worldly causes into account. - like what?

6. Your mom moved the mechanical watch dial the wrong way to make it stop working after she heard the news she didn't notice because she was so distraught. - refer to number 3 for this answer

7. The watch stopped days before at that time and it was only 40 minutes after the death that she noticed. - Right, because it's common for people's watches to stop for days and they don't notice. Especially when my mom was timing morphine treatments and other palliative meds for my grandmother. Again, reaching on your part.

dan t likes this.
  9. sarah4810

sarah4810 New Member

Carol, you're amazing. Thank you for the post. Honestly, I am comfortable enough to know the truth and feel a bit sorry for WLIP. I'm curious of his/her age and hope they are younger, and still have lots of time to gain some spiritual understanding and get over the extreme close mindedness and seemingly intentional ignorance. He/she is completely ignoring large sums of evidence compiled over hundreds of years.

10. Carol and Mikey

Carol and Mikey Golden Hearts

I feel sorry for them too. Don't like their approach. They are closed minded and will not even consider anything else. My request is that they understand this site has many grieving people on it, and they refrain from certain comments that are absolutely cruel . That post was uncalled for. Can't believe someone would actually do that. They need to be respectful of the audience.
    Carol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.