1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

Weltanschauung

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by Hermann Raith, Apr 27, 2019.

1. Hermann Raith

Hermann Raith New Member

Hello to all,
    I am a retired physicist and I am very convinced about an exciting afterlife. The “religion” in the scientific community is materialism, where afterlife does not exist. But the statements about afterlife from all religions are not believable in my opinion. Therefore I have written my own booklet:
    A Rational Philosophy of Life - A possible way toward a believable belief - by Hermann Raith, available from Amazon, also in Kindle version for 1$.
    At the same time in 2005 I have started a discussion about “Purpose of Life” in sciforums.com. You will find it there under “About the members”. But there I could not achieve any useful discussion. I hope, I am now on a much better place within this forum.

Kurt likes this.
  2. mac

mac Staff Member

welcome to AfterLifeForums - 'ALF' :)

I hope you will look around our website and at the various forums and the discussions that have been held in them. You should find others like myself who are completely certain about life before and after corporeal death, others who are yet to be persuaded. We don't discuss whether there is an afterlife as ALF is predicated on that simple notion. That and communication with those once thought of as dead.

I encourage you to read what's on ALF to get a feel for the website generally and then post some thoughts of your own, either as responses in existing threads or to start a new thread yourself.

Kurt likes this.
  3. Kurt

Kurt Major Contributor

I'm glad that you found us.

German is such a beautiful language.

@genewardsmith might be a person you would like. Hes very scientific as well.

I'll be happy to check out your work.

4. poeticblue

poeticblue member

Welcome.

Kurt likes this.
  5. mac

mac Staff Member

On a leisurely Saturday I've taken a longer look at your posting and also at the website you've mentioned. You say you are convinced about there being an exciting afterlife but is that of primary interest to you? I ask because ALF's raison d'etre is helping others understand about it.

Rather than my having to subscribe to a website to get a free download or to buy a booklet (don't have a Kindle) why don't you summarise its thrust for us? May I say, though, that in the field of the spirit I don't 'do' belief - not even "believable belief". ;)

I took a look at the website - created using XenForo software so looking somewhat familiar - but couldn't find Hermann Raith and I don't know your username there. I didn't find a thread I could recognise either but as it's an old one - starting 2005, that's REALLY old! - I wouldn't know where to look for best. As a physicist leaving a website about science because of the reason you've told us I am very much hoping that the thrust of this website will better match your hopes.

Kurt likes this.
  6. Kurt

Kurt Major Contributor

Perhaps Mr. Herman might be one of the members who joins drops an ad and leaves.

Like the lady filming a documentary. I was hopinheqrheqeqrhf

I know. I'm leaving it up to discourage use of phonrsp on the site.... It was 10 characters longer before I decided to just leavenitlup.

Anyways, I was hoping to talk to her. But she never responded. She would have loved interviewing the regular members here.

7. Hermann Raith

Hermann Raith New Member

Hi mac,
    My username on sciforums is just Hermann. I have tried to give you an overview about my thoughts by weblinks or uploaded files, but I got always funny warnings regarding spamlike etc. It seems I have still to learn a lot by using this forum. You will find everything about me, when you google my name and perhaps in addition the word Weltanschauung.

Kurt likes this.
  8. Kurt

Kurt Major Contributor

Type it out with a space between each character.

W w w . E x a m p l e . C o m

9. Kurt

Kurt Major Contributor

With some patience and quick hands you can easily post a web link for everyone.

They can decode in a few seconds.

10. Hermann Raith

Hermann Raith New Member

r a t i o n a l - w e l t a n s c h a u u n g . b l o g s p o t . c o m