1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

Voices

Discussion in 'Dreams and Lucid Dreaming' started by ravensgate, Jul 5, 2020.

1. one-light

one-light New Member

There doesn't seem to get much activity on the dreams page Mac, do you get many people looking on, new ones I mean...

2. mac

mac Staff Member

Website stats don't show how many may be reading this forum.

3. one-light

one-light New Member

If you right click on the main dreams page before getting to this one - and view source... Keywords in the page title are - <title>Dreams and Dreaming | Afterlife Forums - ALF</title> - it would generate more viewers if it read 'difficult dream problems / I had a troubled dream' - I'm off for the night now its late here, but SEO work is what ive done for the last decade, i'm not one bit looking for work but it would rank better on search engines if more appropriate keywords were in place, if you're interested in more people that is that is... just trying to help...

4. mac

mac Staff Member

I'm always open to help thanks. :) Search engine optimisation isn't anything I know how to achieve so I'll listen to what you can offer and give things a try.

5. one-light

one-light New Member

If you would like to generate more 'new' visitors, then it wouldn't take your web designer 5 mins to change the main dreams page title keywords - might be worth trying, then in 2 weeks you could check the page how it ranks on all search engines for the chosen keywords...

If interested you could email your IT people ask - change please on the 'main' dreams page...

FROM...

<title>Dreams and Dreaming | Afterlife Forums - ALF</title>

TO...

<title>Dreams and Difficult Dream Problems / Forum / I Had a Troubled Dream / Recurring</title>

OR TO...

<title>Dreams and Difficult Dream Problems / Forum / I Had a Recurring Dream / Complicated</title>

Or make your own title suggestions up - they all 'mix and match by the way' for example if someone typed in Recurring Troubled Dream - that would work - but once new keywords are on, best leave well alone - could always incorporate some varying ones in your secondary dream pages in the future - one step at a time though...

Cost nothing to try it... if you could get 'that page' buzzing with activity then the other pages would just look after themselves with new activity - I would focus on the dreams page...

If it generates higher ranking then you could look in a few weeks at the Afterlife Page - similar there to what you think people 'might' type in to a search engine...

Hope this helps - good luck...

Last edited: Aug 18, 2020
  6. one-light

one-light New Member

Ive just changed those title keywords to incorporate the word 'forum' - good luck...

7. mac

mac Staff Member

I've been doing some research into this topic and will try your suggested changes look when I'm more au fait with what's needed - thanks.

8. one-light

one-light New Member

Yes take your time and so if making changes its right....

9. mac

mac Staff Member

There's a lot to consider - especially so when one has no understanding or experience.