1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

Visitation from Mom

Discussion in 'Afterlife Evidence' started by Teri, Feb 23, 2018.

1. Teri

Teri New Member

My Mom passed over a year ago. Since then, noticeable things have happened. Pictures are moved, dried leaves show up in the bathroom, white feathers on car windshields. I know my mom is telling us she's around. Since her passing, my brother, my sister and my daughter have all received a visitation dream from mom, except me... :( I keep asking her to visit with me and every morning I wake up disappointed. Any one have a clue why that happens? Can she not get through bc I'm so emotional? I just dont know.

2. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

Dear Teri, welcome! You have answered your own question. The reason you aren't having a visitation dream is almost certainly that your own emotions are blocking it; I know it doesn't seem fair, but strong emotions (and especially grief) can be an absolute barrier to communication. I urge you to take comfort from all these wonderful signs that your mother is giving you (and yes, these are all very typical signs!). Relax into the certainty that your mother is fine, and simply tell her each night aloud before going to sleep that you are grateful for the signs and you hope for a visitation dream; and tell her you love her. Then try to relax without expecting anything. It will happen when you least expect it!

pandora97 likes this.
  3. Teri

Teri New Member

Thank you for your reply! It does make sense, but I just can’t stop hoping. Her and I were very close and without her in my life, I’m devastated. I do talk to her every day, letting her know how much I miss and love her. Hopefully, some day soon she’ll surprise me!

4. bluebird

bluebird Well-Known Member

Teri,

Not everyone believes that visitation dreams or other communications are blocked by the strong emotions (including grief) of the still-living loved one, or at least not always. I am grieving as deeply now as I was when my husband first died five years ago, and I always will be -- and yet I have had some experiences which may very well have been communications from my husband, and some of those experiences were witnessed by other people as well, not just by me. So, while it is one possibility that grief or other emotions may make communication difficult, it is by no means a certainty. You know your mother and your relationship with her, and no one on this site does, so really you are in the best position to try to work out what may be happening. Maybe your emotions are making communication difficult, or maybe your mother just needs a bit of a rest, or maybe she is busy learning or helping. Or maybe because you already believe in and have faith in the signs you've received (which are also communications), she doesn't feel so urgently the need to visit you as she did to visit the other family members -- were they more doubtful about the existence of an afterlife than you are?

In any case, if there is an afterlife in which your mother exists, I'm sure she loves you and that whatever is causing the lack of more direct communication (such as a visitation dream) is no fault of yours. Even if it is a matter of your grief making it difficult for your mother to visit you in a dream, you are not wrong to feel that grief -- how could you not? If that is what is happening, then it's something you may be able to work on over time, but please do not beat yourself up over it. {{{{hugs}}}}

enby likes this.
  5. STEVEN LEVEE

STEVEN LEVEE Member

Hi Teri,
    You are fortunate to have had the signs that you have had:)! Try to be happy knowing she's around. Your situation is very common. I have a friend who was a medium (recently passed on) who had an uncle she was very close to.... She used to have that question come up very often from sitters... She'd answer with her same anecdote every time..."He's come in readings to my brother/my sister/my Aunt...but never to me as much as I ask for him...& I'm a medium!"
    BTW... Have you gone to a medium, yet?
    Steve

6. STEVEN LEVEE

STEVEN LEVEE Member

Teri...I'm new here & reading through some posts...this is from Roberta to another person, but would be relevant in your case & I'm sure she won't mind me quoting her post, right, Roberta:)?

"your guides are working constantly to help and protect you through life! I once read as part of a channeled message the remark that life on earth is so dangerous that without the constant help of our guides, most of us could not survive for a day.
    As for your dad's not having seemed to contact you, there are several options to consider. Some aren't so good: if he felt very guilty at death, he may be on the very lowest level, although that is unlikely. He might have been distracted at his death into becoming an earthbound spirit. Again, unlikely. And even if he is off-track now, since time is so different in the afterlife levels it is going to seem like no time to him before you graduate at an advanced earth-age and come to help him complete a successful transition. So it's okay. Much more likely are two other possibilities: either he tried to communicate soon after he died but you never recognized his messages, or he was so in love with his new after-death possibilities that he went deeply into the experience and he simply never tried to communicate. Personally, I favor the third of these possibilities: my bet is that he did communicate, but you never noticed his communications. My grandmother died when I was a teenager, and for years afterward I would at odd moments catch a whiff of her distinctive old-fashioned perfume, a kind of lilacs-and-lilies-of-the-valley scent. I thought nothing of it at the time, but in recent years I have come to see that those were in fact communications from my grandmother. Perhaps you, too, got distinctive smells or saw certain kinds of birds or butterflies or in other ways heard from your father in the year or two after his death, but you didn't recognize his messages. My strong suggestion is that you surround your father with love and light every day in your mind, as part of your normal evening prayers. Wherever he is and whatever he is doing, he will feel your love for him. That is what matters!"

7. Teri

Teri New Member

Hi Steve - I actually have gone to a medium -twice. My mother came thru both times and validated that it really was her. Ya know it was like talking to her as we did so often when she was here. When I left, I felt at peace and content. My siblings and daughter all received hugs from Mom and that’s what I desperately want. Just a hug, just to feel close to her again. I’m sure it will happen eventually, but for now it’s been hard bc I’m watching and waiting.

8. STEVEN LEVEE

STEVEN LEVEE Member

Hi Teri-My Dad passed on when I was a bout 7.5 yrs old. I am now 61. About 5 years ago, I visited the other side one night and got a big strong hug from him. I awoke very emotional, as you can imagine. It was very vivid & incredibly comforting. It only took close to 50 years to get it:)!!!

I'm glad to hear you have had good communication through a medium with her.

jells likes this.
  9. Teri

Teri New Member

Thank you, I’m hoping she’ll visit soon. We do get a lot of signs, small white feathers, pictures moved the latest was a dried up crispy leaf left in the bathroom on the hamper. It’s been raining and wet here there is no dried leaf anywhere. To me it’s so amazing!

pandora97 and Bill Z like this.
  10. STEVEN LEVEE

STEVEN LEVEE Member

Those signs you are getting are pretty convincing, right? Wonderful for you:)!!!!