1. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.
    Dismiss Notice

Visitation dreams

Discussion in 'General Afterlife Discussions' started by Skyblu, Feb 13, 2018.

1. Skyblu

Skyblu New Member

Hi

Ive been experiencing visitation dreams from a loved one who past in 2013, he was very close go me and we have slot of unfinished business between us. He comes through not very often but in times of need. I had a visitation dream a few months ago. I was standing in a doorway, he was sitting on a lounge in a room there was people all around but we only spoke with each other. I remember telling how much the world became a darker place when he left and how much we adored him, he then asked me to leave with him. I had and have a loving fiance who was also close with him and I explained how I couldn't and said no.. This was alomst a year ago and I have always wondered what he meant by leave with him, did he want me to pass over?

I haven't had any visitation dreams since then until last night as I have been asking for him to come through the past recent weeks, but he seemed to be wounded.

Harmonica likes this.
  2. pandora97

pandora97 Member

Hi Skyblu and welcome to ALF! I'm sorry but I'm new to this subject and can't offer any words of wisdom but there are others here that I'm sure will offer some explanation or insight.:)

Skyblu likes this.
  3. DenverGuy

DenverGuy Active Member

Last edited: Mar 16, 2018
  4. Harmonica

Harmonica New Member

Wow, that's really weird, but kind of cool!

Maybe he did mean leave and go to the next world with him.

I would be curious about this as well.

Perhaps they miss us as well from the other side and are looking forward to reuniting. Perhaps this spirit was missing you and wanted to spend some time with you in another demension.

Maybe he meant leave with him, as in take the experience further, go to a different surrounding than the one you found yourself in, among all those people.

If you said yes, my guess is that your dream setting would have changed to a more heavenly spot with just the 2 if you, and lasted a little longer than it did.

He may have just been asking for more time with you....

Skyblu likes this.
  5. Skyblu

Skyblu New Member

Thank you so much for your view on my experience, that makes a lot of sense about leaving to a more heavenly surrounding as the scene that was set out was very busy and filled with people, the last visitation there was a lot of people around but we were in a room separate to everyone.. Thank you so much for your insight I think I'd be more open minded to saying yes if he ever asked again

Harmonica likes this.
  6. ravensgate

ravensgate Active Member

First, welcome to ALF, Skyblu :)
    May I ask what it is about these dreams that you find different from "ordinary" dreams? That is, what makes you believe these are visitation dreams?
    I ask because I've had several visitation dreams. I consider them visitation dreams because they are so very different from my "ordinary" dreams. Then again, I believe that only a small percentage of our dreams are "ordinary", such as those that many people attribute to worries, or to a heavy meal, lol.
    Thank you, Skyblu.

7. jimrich

jimrich Active Member

Since this is an EVIDENCE-BASED website, I can only offer an opinion here.
    IMO, he was telling or asking you to rise up into his higher or happier state of consciousness and out of your lower, unhappy state. He may have asked something your human mind could not grasp so it could have seemed mysterious at the time. I'd say it was an invitation to go "up" or rise up into peace, happiness and freedom where he is living now. "Leave with him" meant to leave the lower, dark place in the world (standing in a doorway) and go up or over to where he now is (sitting on a lounge) in a happy, free state or place. The freedom, peace and love of the Afterlife or Heaven is always available to us but we don't believe it or accept it and will often say "no" to an invitation to go there rather than stay down here in our misery. We don't need to die and then go to heaven. Heaven is ALWAYS right here and available even now.
    This is just my opinion and I have no EVIDENCE to offer.

Monika and kim marine like this.
  8. kim marine

kim marine Active Member

I liked this response Jim, and I don't think evidence is needed. You either believe in a higher realm or you don't. The more evidence we seek here in this realm the more opposition we are bound to face. I just believe in loving others like Jesus loved us. Love is all we need; not evidence.

Monika likes this.
  9. bluebird

bluebird Well-Known Member

Or, like me, you are unsure whether or not an afterlife/heaven exists.

GoldDustWoman622 and DenverGuy like this.
  10. kim marine

kim marine Active Member

Yes, I understand what you are saying. I've had Mountain Top experience, and IMO it really doesn't matter what piece of knowledge a person in this dimension of reality can base on evidence. Consciousness does not judge us on what we know but on who we are. Even if we have literally learned all there is to this physical reality Consciousness can show us something new. There is no need to try to know more but to BE more like Christ. I don't believe Jesus was the only begotten son of God, but he did display an awesome image while he lived on this earth. Evidence is only a temporary and illusory necessity while we live here, but love is enduring and eternal.

11. kim marine

kim marine Active Member

By the way bluebird, I have done my share of doubting, but there has been some other dimension in my mind during my physical life on this earth that has been going on for 35 years this June and because of Consciousness' persistence has made Itself impossible for me to ignore.

12. pandora97

pandora97 Member

:D........LOL!

13. bluebird

kim marine,

I agree with some of what you've said. I don't believe that there is a god, but I absolutely support your right to believe that there is. :) Regardless, if Jesus was anything like he is portrayed, then trying to be like him is a good thing, in my opinion. :)

DenverGuy likes this.
  14. kim marine

kim marine Active Member

I don't believe there is a "god" either, but I just gave Jesus the label he has been burdened with and is trying to escape from at this point in humanity's history. Maybe I shouldn't have. I have experienced a higher realm of consciousness and it would be foolish to ignore it.
    To live like Jesus is how I want to live. The Consciousness I speak of that keeps peeking in my mind is, what I feel, the
    Christ-like Consciousness that Jesus displayed.

15. mac

mac senior member Staff Member

The way to live like the Nazarene is to start behaving in the way he did, to approach life in-the-body as he did. You're very unlikely to have all his spiritual attributes but you won't need them to adopt his simple ways.

What's stopping you from making a start?

16. kim marine

kim marine Active Member

I try the best I can everyday. It is scary sometimes, but in the reality I know there is nothing to fear or lose.

17. mac

absolutely - there is nothing to fear but fear itself

kim marine likes this.
  18. bluebird

I didn't think you were really calling Jesus "god", but I did think that by "Consciousness" you meant some form of god. I apologize if I misunderstood.

19. kim marine

kim marine Active Member

I know what you misunderstood was only minor, but see what kind of "mess" the words that we use to transmit our ideas get us into? Unnecessary misunderstandings. IMO that is why we share an incarnate life on an incarnate plane. It is much easier to transmit ideas and relate with one another when we can see a face and actually experience something physical.

20. mac

You should not allow words to be your master rather than your servant. Make them work for you!

Only after you have passed on will you have the means to communicate without using the spoken word.

kim marine likes this.