1. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.
    Dismiss Notice

Video of Carol & Mikey Communicating

Discussion in 'After-Death Communication' started by Andrew, Jun 21, 2012.

1. anonymous

anonymous New Member

I don't doubt the genuineness of Carol's mediumship, and Mikey's first hand experience of the afterlife makes him an expert on the subject, but I don't think it is really a good idea to consider anyone to be infallible. Spirits are not omniscient just because they have crossed over. Also language is an imperfect medium of communication. The same words can mean something different to different people. Putting a thought into words is not always an exact process.

For example, When I first started going to a Spiritualist church, I got several readings during separate services telling me not to be impatient. This was confusing to me because while I was working on a project at the time, I didn't feel that I was being impatient and it seemed to me I was being unfairly criticized. A few months later I began to take classes in mediumship and started trying to communicate on my own and I got a similar message for myself, except it wasnt, "don't be impatient" it was "don't be discouraged because what you are doing will take time." So the same thought expressed through a medium came out as criticism but it was actually meant to be encouragement. Part of the reason is that mediums like to give advice, another part is that a medium doesn't really understand what is going on in your head and with your life so they can't really translate the thougths the same way you would yourself.

Also, one of the ministers at that church felt she was infallible because she could communicate with spirits. She was a good medium but because she thought she was infallible she allowed herself to become deluded and did some very unloving things that were actually selfish but she justified them to herself because she could convince herself that her spirit guides were telling her to do them. It caused half the members of the church to leave the church and after two years the remaining old-timers left too. So, for the mental health of the medium and for their own well being, it is better not to treat them as infallible.

This would be my guess. Maybe he just assumed what he believed when he was incarnated was true and never looked into the matter.

"Love" is the one teaching that I think we can all be certain about. I find it helpful to be reminded about it, but there needs to be a balance because we are all human, and a lot of what we do is predictable and unloving, and I hope people will not go through life feeling they are out of tune with heaven, feel like they are failing life, and worry about the consequences in the afterlife because they are imperfect humans. Love has to be balanced with forgiveness including forgiveness for oneself.

I'm not sure Mikey understands how incarnated humans react to the message repeated so often. He may remember being human himself, but he is only one person and different people react differently. In some situations different people may actually require opposite advice. One to do more of something, another to do less of it. One teacher described teaching spirituality like trying to guide blind people to ride a bicycle down a straight path. Some would veer to the left and need to be guided back to the right. Others would veer to the right and need to be guided back to the left. All of them would complain that he is giving contradictory advice!

Some people might think "love" means being a slave to other people, which it does not mean, sometimes "love" means letting someone learn by making a mistake, or sometimes a person needs to take care of themselves for their own well being and can't take care of everyone else.

It would also be helpful if Mikey could give us some advice on how to cultivate love within ourselves. That is the thing we really need help with. It is really easy to say love, love, love, all the time, but how do you do it? That is the real trick. I find meditation helps as I mentioned in a previous post. I also find remembering my own mistakes helps me to forgive others. Very often if someone does something I don't l like, I can remember doing something similar myself, and if I take the time to think it through, it helps me to be understanding of others and to forgive.

I hope you follow it up with Carol and Mikey sometime, I think it would be good to get clarification.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2012
  2. EndlessEight

EndlessEight New Member

It's an interesting point anonymous alludes to.

Assuming souls choose to incarnate into flesh, the soul, though unconsciously aware (or maybe even suppressed by the brain) has to attune to Earth "vibrations" and stay attuned. All the while inherently still being an active soul with the memory higher vibrations.

So in essence, there should be a way to attune to the higher vibrations because it is inherently within us, "sleeping".

That's probably what psychics and mediums are able to do.

The question anonymous is pondering is: How can WE do that?

3. anonymous

anonymous New Member

Here is a partial transcript from a Leslie Flint recording. The link to the recording is at the link below. The entire thread at the link may be of interest to readers here. Love is important but we should not be too quick to judge others or ourselves.
    http://forum.mind-energy.net/skeptiko-podcast/4475-physical-mediumship-post131726.html#post131740

4. poeticblue

poeticblue Moderator

I find it troubling that mikey would say this. As a matter of fact this is making me more determined now than ever to figure out my own truth to this. I will not rely souly on what someone says that a spirit said in the afterlife to be the absolute truth. Maybe there is some grey area in what mikey so boldley stated. I feel in my deepest heartest of hearts, that perhaps mikey has got it wrong this time or that carol misinterppreted somehow. Its like something jerked out of me when I read that mikey stated weve never been visited by extraterrestrials.. Im sorry mikey, but I find you to be false on this one

5. mokandi

mokandi New Member

Poeticblue
    Why?

6. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

Dear beloved friends, if you want to discuss something other than Mikey's communications with his mother - and specifically, if you want to talk about extraterrestrials - please start a new thread for that. Not only will that make it easier for visitors to find your wisdom on this subject, but also it will keep this sticky for its original purpose. I seem to have foolishly started this diversion with my post #72, and I'm sorry!! I look forward to joining your new thread in talking about extraterrestrial visitations....

7. Carol and Mikey

Carol and Mikey Golden Hearts

U
    I am trying to post from my phone which is a challenge as i am out of town. Please go to the off topic section and there is a thread on ufo's. It is talked about there. It is important to define extraterrestials the same. Mikey is talking solid form like you and me in this dimension. Solid form from another planet. Mikey wants to know if these sitings you are sure of were solid. Or was it more a vision or illusion for lack of a better word. Also check thread bit o fun for Mikey in same section. He is talking solid form and he continues to say no spaceship with martians has landed here. We are all part of God no matter what shell we are wearing. His issue remains with the term solid form.
    By the way, please know you do not ever have to agree with anything i post. I have no way to prove anything. Really none of us will know for sure until we return back Home. It is still the great mystery!
    Carol and Mikey "in Spirit"

8. Andrew

Andrew Guest

I believe the this thread is the one, to which Carol is making reference. I have briefly posted my thoughts on the matter of physical, extraterrestrial visitation there so not to further disrupt the original subject of this thread.

9. Andrew

Andrew Guest

Perhaps, Roberta, it might be best to split post #72 and all the posts after it and create a new thread out of them? I could do this if you approve.

10. VainVessel

VainVessel New Member

Thanks for the video, it's very compelling. May I ask if Mikey is able to move the pendulum in other directions, e.g. can he move the tip up against gravity? I'm sorry if that's asking too much, but the skeptic in me wants to know.

11. Carol and Mikey

Hi Vainvessel,
    No he cannot move the tip up. He can move the pendulum, a full set of keys, or a pen on a string, etc. in many directions, but he cannot "lift them up".
    That would really be amazing!
    Carol

12. The video does not exist.

13. Celera

Celera Active Member

It existed before, I've seen it. I'm sure Andrew or Roberta can take care of this.

14. VainVessel

VainVessel New Member

I have a copy of the video, I'll reupload it. I'll send you a link TIS, and if anyone else would like one, feel free to PM me.

15. Carol and Mikey

Andrew,
    How can a video that was here before no longer exist? Do the expire after a certain point? I am not good with computers or technology in general. Can it be put back on here?
    VainVessel,
    Does yours still work? I can try to do another. The same thing happened with the radio interviews of all the Eternity For All segments.
    Hopefully we can get help with this.
    Carol

16. VainVessel

VainVessel New Member

I think the person whose account was used to upload the video to Youtube can provide you with the reason it was removed. I have it downloaded on my PC and am currently uploading it (my connection bandwidth has a very low upload rate so it's gonna take about 30 more mins.)

17. Andrew

Andrew Guest

Hmm...the video itself shouldn't expire. Perhaps my YouTube account did. It's rather bizarre. I think the radio segments did expire after the show and my BlogTalkRadio account were inactive for over a year.

I have a new YouTube account now, so I can re-upload it if you want - just send me a copy. I remember that there were special privacy options you wanted for it, Carol.

18. Andrew

Andrew Guest

Unfortunately I cannot.

When you upload the video, please select that you do not want it to be public - that's what we did last time. It should be viewable only with the specific URL.

19. VainVessel

VainVessel New Member

I'm not uploading it to Youtube, so when I post the link, go ahead and do that, my upload bandwidth is almost dial-up speed :p

20. Andrew

Andrew Guest

To where are you uploading it? I ask because the privacy controls are part of YouTube - not Afterlife Forums. Unless similar options exist on your website, I won't be able to do anything. :(