1. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

URGENT! PLEASE HELP! Are the spirits that try to communicate will us ALL demons?

Discussion in 'After-Death Communication' started by peachy4, Oct 23, 2016.

1. peachy4

peachy4 New Member

URGENT! PLEASE HELP! Are the spirits that try to communicate with us ALL demons?

I am not trying to disrespect anyone or their beliefs, so please do not be mad.

I am a Christian, and after a loved of mine died, I contacted a friend who is a Medium for help. This was seven months after his death though. I decided to contact her because I was missing him very much. She told him to comfort me that night, and he did. I felt little electricity like tingles all throughout that night- he never left either. At most, he'd leave for a few hours then come back. Recently, while my friend wasn't concentrated and distracted, she said he called me a "bitch". I knew this wasn't him... He would never call me that. Hours later, I consulted a pendulum, and when I asked if a demon impersonated my love when he told my Medium friend that I'm a bitch, it said yes. It also said no to it being my love calling me that. I started reading biblical scriptures online after that. It said to test if the spirit was of God or not, tell it to say, "Jesus Christ is my Lord and savior," and to ask who its master/creator is. When my Medium friend did it, he said the sentence and said that Jesus Christ is his master/creator. She said he was understanding and not mad about me questioning his legitimacy. Online, it was stating that Mediums talk to familiar spirits or demons impersonating our deceased loved ones... It also said that God states that the dead in Heaven cannot contact the living here on Earth and that their memories of this life are totally wiped out. I would like to believe my love, yet I would also like to believe the Bible too. My Medium friend asked why he came back for me, and he said it's because he loves me. Another time, he told her that he loves me more than I can understand. I am very, very confused and depressed about all of this, and I hope that no one takes offense to this.

Also, how would I prove this is certainly him? I forgot to mention that he stated part of the Bible is inaccurate, and I shouldn't believe everything I read because it's made by humans when I told my Medium friend to ask why the Bible says the dead cannot cross over.

Thank you to everyone :)

Last edited: Oct 23, 2016
  2. bluebird

bluebird Well-Known Member

In my opinion, the Bible was written by humans -- it has some good things in it, but it also has plenty of horrific things in it (rape, misogyny, bigotry, etc.). I do not believe it should ever be taken to be "the word of god". If it is your friend trying to contact you, then I agree with his assessment that the bible is inaccurate. Also, expecting a spirit to say that Jesus Christ is its lord and savior assumes that Jesus is the "lord and savior", and not everyone believes that to be true (if you were to ask me that question now, I would not say it, because that is not my belief).

I also think it's not wise to believe everything you read online. I know that at least some Mediums are legitimate, in that they believe they are communicating with our dead loved ones (whether or not they actually are, I don't know). And if there even is a god at all, no human can state with any real authority what god wants or what god has said, so anyone saying that "god said the dead in heaven cannot contact the living here on Earth" is talking nonsense, because they simply have no way of knowing. Personally, I also do not believe in "demons", but even if such beings do exist, that doesn't mean that they spend time impersonating our dead loved ones (I suppose it is possible that some do, sometimes, if they exist at all -- but what I mean is that I think it's wrong for anyone to make a blanket statement to the effect that "Mediums talk to familiar spirits or demons impersonating our deceased loved ones").

I don't know if there is an afterlife or not, but if there is then I think it's possible that our dead loved ones can contact us, or at least try to do so. If you believe that it is your love/friend contacting you, and if it feels to you that it is him, then I hope it brings you comfort.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2016
  3. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

Dear Peachy4, What you experienced is perfectly consistent with what we would expect. Indeed, our loved ones not now in bodies can communicate with us, but you are so fearful - and fear is low-energy - that an out-of-body nasty might well have been attracted to you. Simply give up your fear! It is unfortunate indeed that the religion which claims to profess Jesus does not follow Jesus at all, but rather it instills such fears in people. Simply surround yourself with spiritual light and you always will be perfectly safe!

I find what he said through the medium to be especially interesting. No, Jesus is not anyone's "lord and savior." Afterlife evidence overwhelmingly indicates that the death of Jesus on the cross has never made an afterlife difference for a single human being, but rather God is much more loving - and Jesus is much more important - than Christian doctrine imagines! According to those we used to think were dead, Jesus is indeed our Master/Creator. He is of the very highest aspect of the Godhead, quite literally God, and the dead always refer to Him as the Master.

The only part of the Christian Bible which is of God is the words of Jesus in the Gospels, and not even all the words ascribed to Him can be trusted since the Council of Nicaea in 325 both removed some things and added some things. And Jesus Himself tells us in the Gospels that He is replacing the entire Old Testament with God's Law of Love, and of course Paul came later - he never even knew Jesus. So read the Master's words and forget the rest of the Bible. The dead now abundantly validate that His words are true.

I understand that your religion has sadly made you afraid of God, and afraid to question what your church teaches. I was once there too! But God loves you infinitely, Jesus came to teach you the truth, and you have nothing whatsoever to fear. If you would like to discuss this further, simply send me a contact through robertagrimes.com. Meanwhile, I'm sending you a hug!

4. AmbraADC

AmbraADC Banned

Dear peachy,

Be sure to make sure that your Christian beliefs are your own, and do not be easily persuaded to believe stuff that you have not researched and prayed about. Bring all your troubles to God in prayer, including everything about this. God will hear you and respond. Trust God and the Bible beyond all else.

5. EternalLife

EternalLife New Member

Your friend is wrong. The Holy Bible may have been written by humans but it was humans who were Divinely Inspired by God.
    Those who have passed on to the Heavenly realm most certainly do come back and talk with their loved ones. The reason is that, in essence, there is no "death" and the spirit world is all around us only in a different vibration from ours. That is why they can be here instantly as the veil is very thin between our two world.

When we make our transition from this Earthly realm into the world of Spirit we shed our physical body as we will no longer need it being in Spirit and we immediately step into our Spiritual Body which is eternal. That is, we will live in spirit forever, for eternity since once we leave this world there is no coming back through reincarnation as there isn't any. That is why it is important to live as good a life as one can at all times to assure that your final passage will be a safe one and that you will be able to enter into God's realm in Heaven. We have been advised in the Holy Bible that the only way to enter into Heaven is to become Saved or Born Again. That is, we accept Jesus Christ as our LORD and Savior and repent of our sins and vow to follow Jesus forevermore. There is a prayer for that if anyone is interested. Saying that prayer is acceptance of Jesus as one's LORD and Savior and we believe you will be saved thereafter. It is a short prayer and well worth saying because the consequences of disbelief or being tempted in another direction can only result in not being with God when you pass-on and not ever experiencing the Light and Love of God as you are deserving. Personally, I would not ever take that chance knowing that salvation can be attained merely by accepting Jesus Christ into your life. Many put it off but if for some reason they should not be around tomorrow and were not saved, their soul could be imperiled and in limbo and again that is a chance I am just not willing to personally take.

I have made a very thorough study of the Afterlife and communicate with many experts in the field who are very knowledgeable of the Afterlife after having spoken with those who were temporarily "deceased" but who came back to tell about their experiences. Many of these experts hold M.D.s and Ph.D.s and have even written books on the subject. There are millions of people around the world who have had such an experience called a Near-Death Experience or NDE.

6. RobertaGrimes

Dear EternalLife, I'm sorry to have to contradict you, but I have studied the Bible and studied Christian history extensively - I majored in it in college! - and I must state here emphatically the Bible was not inspired by God. It was written by people who may or may not have been hearing from the Divine, and then assembled by people who claimed that God inspired them. But I have read it from cover to cover at least a half-dozen times, and it is so full of contradictions (and even frank barbarism) that it could not possibly have been all inspired by a loving (or even a sane and rational) God. Fortunately, though, the Gospels are God's truth. It is long past time - after two thousand years! - for those who claim to love Jesus to let HIM speak!

You have said other things, too, that were influenced by your religion and are not borne out by the evidence. Reincarnation for example: it happens, and there is no denying that it happens. The Council of Nicaea in 325 A.D. tried to scrub even the Gospels of reincarnation, but nevertheless some hints remain. And those at the upper levels affirm reincarnation without reservation.

Finally, NDEs are not death. An NDE is an entirely different phenomenon, so nothing that happens in an NDE can be taken as evidence of what might happen in the afterlife.

And yes, I do have Jesus Christ in my life. Only by clearing out the two thousand years of error that well-meaning religionists have piled upon and used to obscure His pure truth was I finally able truly to know Him!

isabel mcdonald likes this.
  7. bluebird

That is OPINION, not fact. Please do not preach here.

DenverGuy likes this.
  8. RobertaGrimes

Thank you, Bluebird! You have had our back, while i have been away all day. You've made me smile ;-).

9. bluebird

No problem. :) It's nice, albeit rare (lol) when you and I agree. ;-)

10. EternalLife

EternalLife New Member

I had no idea that I had stepped into the wrong forum that strongly *censors* what others say. In an attempt to save what you believe in you give rise to the Anti-Christ of that there can be no doubt. But in the end, it is your loss and yours alone along with those who believe as you do. God sees everything and knows all as He is omniscient. If you don't believe in what the Bible says and what Jesus Christ taught about the only way to Salvation, put it to the test when you pass on. Then you'll find out. Unfortunately, the hard way.

11. EternalLife

EternalLife New Member

Dear Roberta, I don't attempt to preach to you since I have recently learned that this forum is definitely Non-Christian. However, respectfully, whatever studies you have been engaged in if they do not reflect the fact that there is only ONE way to Heaven and that is through Jesus Christ and their acceptance as a person's LORD and Savior then those studies are questionable in many a professional opinion. If they attempt to censor the TRUTH about Jesus and how one can attain Heaven then many souls will most unfortunately become imperiled. As I told the other person, non-belief in Jesus Christ is entirely up to the individual due to God giving each and every person Free Will Choice. However, it is expected that with the good mind that God also gave to each person they will make the right decision and accept Him and follow Him in order to attain Salvation. Those who do not believe that are steering others the wrong way and that is very harmful, spiritually speaking. One can agree to disagree. But the tone of bluebird's posting along with your blessing clearly indicates those who will not allow others to make up their own mind about this important matter. One just has to ask WHY? It is one thing to purport to have learned about the Bible but again, if the very essence of the Holy Bible is not taught so that people can learn the truth thereby using their free will to arrive at thoughts it may trigger then that is tantamount to censorship. I also understand this is your forum and you do not espouse Christian nor Biblical views. That is your prerogative. But I only hope and pray that others may see the Light before it is too late for them as many have foolishly become Non-Believers due to people steering them in the wrong direction and not having the mind to think for themselves and that is truly sad. I hope you will at least allow me to speak my truth as I know it to be. Again, a place that denies Jesus Christ, Salvation and Biblical Truth and that does not want to at least teach others how they can become Saved through becoming Born Again is not a friendly, loving place that I and many others belong in. May your heart soften to accept the Truth as God, through His only Divine Son Jesus Christ has presented it. Go in peace.

12. bluebird

You can say that YOU believe such-and-such, whether that is Christian, Jewish, Pagan, whatever. You are welcome to your view, and welcome to state that it is your view, and welcome to share it so long as you state that it is YOUR VIEW.

What you CANNOT do here is to state that your beliefs are the right way, the only way. YOU believe the bible is the word of god, I do not. Neither of us can prove our view to others, and why should we? You are free to hold your view, and I am free to hold mine. As far as my beliefs "giving rise to the Anti-Christ", that is laughable. Of COURSE there is doubt, though I understand that there is none in your mind on this issue.

And if you do happen to be right, then the god you worship is not one that I would even want to know, much less worship, so I am fine with not believing that the bible is god's word, or in the rest of Christianity. A god that creates me and then required my slavish devotion or else it will damn me to a hell of its own creation? That's no god, that's a despot, a tyrant, an abuser.

I do not believe there is a god, but if there is then I very much doubt that it is as narrow in spirit as fundamentalist Christians believe it to be.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2016
  13. RobertaGrimes

My dear, I have been the most ardent possible Christian. I even majored in early Christian history in college! I expected to become a minister. But because I had an experience of light (the same thing that happened to Saul on his way to Damascus, and made him into the Apostle Paul), I was guided by the Lord to study the actual afterlife evidence. Of which there is a tremendous amount! And based upon my decades of study I can tell you absolutely the following facts:

1) There is no evidence whatsoever that the death of Jesus on the cross has ever "saved" anyone. And there is no evidence that God judges us (Jesus tells us right in the Gospels that neither He nor God judges us), no evidence that you've got to be a Christian to get into heaven, no evidence for ANY of the Christian beliefs that I used to hold so dear. What we call Christianity DID NOT come from Jesus! It is a first-century Jewish sect that was established by Paul and others (thank you, beloved early Christians!) so the precious teachings of Jesus could be preserved. Thanks to their efforts, we still have those teachings now. And it is time at last for us to open their gift!

2) The genuine God is all that exists. But the genuine God is what Jesus revealed to us; it is nothing like the Christian God. The very thought that God could be so barbaric as to need the sacrifice of His own Son before He could forgive us for being human is barbaric! It still amazes me that I ever believed that! But I did. Then the scales fell from my eyes. Then I met the genuine God.

3) The recently-dead confirm that Jesus told us things 2000 years ago about God, reality, death, the afterlife, and the meaning and purpose of human life that we could not have learned by any other means until God began to give us excellent afterlife evidence toward the end of the 19th century. So we can now demonstrate that Jesus is real! And if you actually sit down and READ THE GOSPELS without the rest of the Bible in the way you will discover that He came to us as our TEACHER, not as a blood-sacrifice. His teachings are an amazingly easy and effective program for rapidly raising us spiritually, and He tells us that if enough of us will follow them we can bring the Kingdom of God on earth. THIS is why He came! Not to redeem us from a perfect God that loves each of us infinitely. Just think about how insulting that Christian teaching is to our infinitely loving God. And how demeaning it is to Jesus!

Christianity doesn't teach people to follow Jesus. Instead, it teaches people to follow Paul's fear-based, first-century religion. And it was permissible before God gave us independent validation of the truths that Jesus taught for people still to follow Paul; after all, they didn't know any better. But we know better now! And Jesus is freshly calling His followers, two thousand years later, to come out of that fear-based religion that never had anything to do with Him and to LISTEN TO HIM. "If you hold to My teaching, YOU are REALLY my disciples. THEN you will know the truth, and the truth will make you free. (JN 8:31-32) Dear EternalLife, after we have disrespected Him and misunderstood Him for two thousand years, don't you love Jesus enough to at last begin to really listen to him?

Sapphire, kim marine and Widdershins3 like this.
  14. DOMINIK GORALCZYK

DOMINIK GORALCZYK New Member

They are ALL demons. I know the Bible says to test the spirits, but I believe that is to prove to you that they are ALL demons.
    Here's what the spirits can do to get around the "Jesus Christ is my Lord and Savior" - they say it WHILE IMPERSONATING A DEAD CHRISTIAN - I know of a great Bible teacher who was stuck on that issue for a while, until he solved it by making the demon confess its name. Again, if the demon is posing as your dead aunt Helga, who was the wife of a preacher and was indeed saved, a demon impersonating Helga would be able to say "Jesus Christ is my Lord and Savior", since he's pretending to speak for Helga. But if you make him tell you his real name, and pose that same demand, he'll choke, and there is no way that he would be able to say it, since he needs permission of the Holy Spirit to say that.
    Having said that, UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHOULD YOU CONTACT THE DEAD. Let go. There are 2 possibilities, either you will see your loved one again in Heaven, or you will not. Until then, you need to get on your knees, confess the sin of necromancy, ask forgiveness, repent, and renounce this practice forever.

15. bluebird

Your opinion only, and such proselytizing is not allowed on this website, so either desist or roberta will ban you from the site.

16. DOMINIK GORALCZYK

DOMINIK GORALCZYK New Member

So my opinion is welcome, as long as it agrees with yours? Please clarify. Christianity is a belief in after-life. There are other people offering advice, including some anti-Christian views on this very page, why can't I express mine?

17. Amore

Amore Active Member

It's like you're preaching Dominik, we don't preach here. We respect other people's view (well we try at least).
    Your post is a bit more than just giving advice. Leaving out the upper case could help for starters.

18. mac

mac senior member Staff Member

I've closed this thread. I expect Roberta will have more to say but for now, Dominik, you may express your opinions elsewhere on ALF but you may not preach about what we must or must not do.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2018
  19. RobertaGrimes

FIRST WARNING. And you will not get a second warning. If you ever proselytize again on this website, you will be banned.

Obviously I know far more about the Bible than you do. People consult with spirits throughout the Bible! You know nothing about communication with the people that we used to think were dead, either, because we have documented proof that they are NOT all demons. The garbage you are spouting here is fear-based nonsense. It has nothing whatsoever to do with the genuine, eternal God, and nothing to do with Jesus. I am sad for you, that your life is so tragically benighted, and I will pray that God will find a way to somehow reach you with the truth. But if this is your idea of participating here, then go elsewhere.

20. bluebird

I am neither Christian nor anti-Christian. You are welcome to share your opinion, so long as you state it as opinion. ALL faiths/religions/spiritualities are full of opinions. I don't care if you're a Christian, a Satanist, a Buddhist, a Jew, a Pagan, an Agnostic, an Atheist, or anything else, and I don't consider the views of any one of those positions to be better than the others. I no more accept roberta's (or anyone else's, for that matter) views on the afterlife and god as fact than I do yours, and her views are pretty much the opposite of yours. I'm all for reasoned discussion, but that cannot take place if you insist that the way in which you believe is the only right way.

21. RobertaGrimes

Dear BlueBird, as you know, AfterlifeForums is an EVIDENCE-BASED website. No mere opinion is acceptable here, but rather if evidence is presented for someone's point of view then we are happy to discuss that evidence. At once time we did allow religious discussion, but

(a) people treated their religious beliefs as somehow factual, rather than as mere beliefs; and

(b) we were soon in shooting wars!

No more. We ban religious discussions in this forum's rules, and we have learned that if we don't want another forum-clearing crisis, we must enforce those rules.

22. pandora97

pandora97 Active Member

Roberta, perhaps we should consider adding politics to the ban?

23. mac

mac senior member Staff Member

I disagree.

Religion and afterlife issues are related whereas politics and afterlife issues aren't. We have here on ALF two forums for 'Off Topic' discussions, one for members only, and both specially created on the old website for the discussion of politics and any other subject not related to afterlife matters.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2018
  24. bluebird

I do not consider this site to be evidence based, as I do not accept as evidence much of the material that you do. I am aware that you consider it to be an evidence-based site.

I'm not sure why you are reiterating your rules regarding religion to me, though, as I'm probably the last person here to advocate for any particular faith or religion.

25. RobertaGrimes

Just because I was continuing on what you said; you seemed to be saying that discussion of beliefs was fine with you. And of course that's okay out in the world! It just is not allowed on ALF.

26. pandora97

pandora97 Active Member

My mistake. Sorry:oops:

27. genewardsmith

genewardsmith Active Member

If you think the evidence is bad, that still means it's evidence. That you reject only some of the evidence as bad makes it even more of a stretch to call out the lack of evidence. If you like, you could specifically critique what you think is bad evidence.

28. bluebird

Thanks for your response. I do view most of what is put forth on this site (by all members/posters) regarding the afterlife, god, and related matters, as opinion, and I often enjoy reading and discussing their views. So you and I apparently view this site very differently.

That said, even given your view of the site, I was under the impression that you are fine with opinion statements and discussions in the off-topic and/or members-only areas. Is that not the case?

Last edited: Feb 21, 2018
  29. bluebird

No, it's not that I think it's bad, by and large, it's that I don't think it's evidence. I am using "evidence" in the sense of "proof of an afterlife", and I have never seen anything that proved to me the existence of an afterlife. I'm not saying no afterlife exists -- I hope it does -- only that I've seen nothing that to me constitutes proof. I know some other people have, and that's fine. We just have different thresholds for such things, I suppose.

30. genewardsmith

genewardsmith Active Member

Proof exists in mathematics; when talking about empirical evidence, we can insist only proof up to a certain standard. Lawyers talk of "beyond a reasonable doubt", and scientists about testing hypotheses. What standard of proof to you would constitute evidence?