1. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.
    Dismiss Notice

Ultimate judgment

Discussion in 'Spiritual Growth & Development' started by Shabse, Dec 12, 2011.

1. alliemarie

alliemarie New Member

I have taken your advice to heart, Roberta, and it does seem to be working! I feel much better. Thank you.

2. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

Thank you for reporting back to us, dear AllieMarie - I am so glad that you are feeling better!!

3. MauiNui

MauiNui New Member

From my own NDE experience: judgement, good and evil are human concepts. The universal awareness is beyond anything we can conceive here on earth. What transitions to the next realm is our spirit consciousness, our lower levels of awareness do not make that journey - the chemical/emotional level or the intellectual level. Fear nothing of death!

Cute Bear likes this.
  4. mac

mac senior member Staff Member

The thread you're responding to is 6 years old. Wouldn't you prefer to start your own and explain how you find things?

5. Obiwan

Obiwan New Member

Hi Mac
    Some forums lock threads that have been inactive for some time. It prevents people inadvertently posting on them.

6. mac

mac senior member Staff Member

Yes I'd like to do that, obi, but it's not my website and it doesn't happen very often. Thanks, though, for the suggestion. :)

Obiwan likes this.
  7. jimrich

jimrich Active Member

My basic issues with anything "biblical" is that I have not personally examined the original writings and done my own translations so I don't have much respect for the work of so-called "scholars" in current bibles or any other scriptures that I have not personally studied. I'd be be a complete fool to stupidly swallow the translations of people I don't even know just because they are deemed to be "professionals" or whatever.!

8. genewardsmith

genewardsmith Active Member

I think it makes more sense to try to find translations by people with the highest scholarly credentials, and avoid translations which have a tendentious doctrinal axe to grind, all too common in this instance. Even so, translation of ancient texts is hard! Sometimes it's really trying to find the most plausible guess, and always there is a gap between how we think and how the writers thought.

Cute Bear likes this.
  9. Cute Bear

Cute Bear Banned

You could also say that we never have left Spirit but are only experiencing a dream, an illusion, called physical reality.

kim marine and genewardsmith like this.
  10. kim marine

kim marine Active Member

Do you feel as though your dream is manifesting itself in the world? Do you experience Deja vu?

11. Cute Bear

Cute Bear Banned

More like the world (physical reality) is manifesting itself within my Spirit dream. Deja vu? Yes. The backward and forward arrows of time happening in parallel.