1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

Two months after joining AfterLifeForums, July 4.

Discussion in 'General Afterlife Discussions' started by CuriousYeti, Jul 4, 2020.

1. CuriousYeti

CuriousYeti New Member

Canada Day was easy this year, July 1, I'm so lucky to be here right now. USA is where I was born, and my heart goes out to all Americans. I hope everyone can have at least one moment of peace today, however they see today, and on the level they need. I believe in the USA as a country.

I really appreciate this site and want to give back somehow. There've been two significant changes in my life I'm attributing to Roberta and Mikey's books to date.

The most important one is that I realize now that human 'animals' are inherently bred for survival and are pretty bad beings. It's consciousness that makes us want to be good, which has been the best definition I've ever had of the Great Human Struggle.

When I encounter people doing stupid and selfish things each day I'm not so peaved off anymore. I feel like I get what is going on, and that knowledge is calming. That I need to forgive the bs. I need to love in my actions. Those 'idiots' I run into are just unconscious and I feel bad for them now. Well, mostly.

The other change that came out of nowhere is the need to dismantle my ego, which is quite big and used to be a survival mechanism, but many years ago now. I'm doing really good with that for now.

baob and kim like this.
  2. mac

mac Staff Member

The USA has been my second home for 16 years, half here, half there whichever side of the pond you're standing.

There's a lot I love about the US and some I'm not so keen about. The Canucks I meet are often like us Brits and I'm not sure I care for us Brits that much anyway. :D (kidding!) The Yanks we've gotten to know (see I even speak yank!) have been much more open, friendly and welcoming that we Brits are - yet they say the same about us when they've traveled to our side of the pond! So maybe it's down to perception rather than actuality. ;)

It's good to hear folk saying they're finding ALF's resources helpful - I do sometimes wonder if anyone is out there because so few pop in to say hello. :(

If ALF and Roberta help with inner peace then it's a great outcome. Inner peace is a hard one to find with this world in so much turmoil. I wouldn't be too concerned about ego - just recognising it's there can help reign back its less praiseworthy features! But for some/many/most of us it's an integral part of who we are and perhaps we just need to accept that but learn to constrain it a little. :)

CuriousYeti likes this.