1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

Twin

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussions' started by Cassie, Jul 26, 2018.

1. Cassie

Cassie New Member

Hi - as I was reading other discussions here this popped in to my head to share, so here goes!

My parents were both Spiritualists and told how often various mediums over the years would tell them of a child in spirit connected to them. I recall my mother saying "I don't know who it is, but God bless them".

Some years ago I had a private sitting with a medium who gave me messages from my deceased aunt. My aunt said that when she passed over she was surprised to meet someone who looked just like me. At the time this message didn't make any sense to me and I didn't tell anyone about it.

More recently a medium told my sister that she and I have a sister in spirit. We knew that our mother did not have a miscarriage or a child that died (she was the sort of person who would have told us) - and assumed it was such an early miscarriage that she had not been aware of it.

I had a sitting with the same medium at a later date and she told me that I had been one of twins, but that my twin sister chose not to be born, but just to accompany me during the gestation period. She said that we have always been together, but that my twin has never had an earthly life. She told me that my mother had not been aware of the second baby.

At this point I remembered a very strong dream I had many years ago. I was in a beautiful very ornate room with gold framed mirrors and was sitting on a red velvet chair. Next to me on another chair was .... me! We held hands, and I could feel the hand of my twin self.

A short time ago a friend was looking through my family photographs. He has no belief in life after death and I have never mentioned any of the above to him. Looking at a photo of me as a baby in my pram he asked "who is that?". I told him it is me. He replied "and who is the other baby?". He could clearly see two babies in the pram.

I'd be interested to know if anyone has had a similar experience. I do wonder if I can make contact with my twin.

Many thanks

2. ravensgate

ravensgate Active Member

So your friend who has no belief in life after death could see the other baby in the pram but you could not/cannot see the baby? I'd love to see that picture! Did your friend describe the other baby? Have you shown the picture to anyone else?
    I have read and heard of spirit showing up in photographs. I've also read/heard most are not genuine, but I'd like to think that not all spirit photographs are fake!

I know nothing about photography, but I have seen pictures that couldn't be "logically explained"
    Thank you for your interesting post, and welcome to ALF, Cassie :)

Last edited: Jul 27, 2018
  3. Cassie

Cassie New Member

Hello Ravensgate - thank you for your reply. No I did not, and cannot see the other baby. My friend handed the photo to his wife who at first said "yes there are two babies", but later could only see one. My friend was so disturbed that later when the photograph was on the coffee table between us, he turned it image side down - he could still see the second child. I'm attaching the photograph and will be interested in your thoughts.

Attached Files:

4. ravensgate

ravensgate Active Member

Ha, it appears you were posting as I was adding questions to my post, lol. Thank you for sharing the photo, Cassie. I wonder if your skeptical/nonbeliever friend is being smacked on the head by the spirit world - as I was many decades ago! Have you asked why he turned the photograph? ;)

5. bluebird

bluebird Well-Known Member

I only see one baby -- but you were so cute, lol! I knew from the look of the building and the pram that you were in the UK. ;)

The blanket or cushioning or whatever that is behind you does look sort of smushed back towards your left side (towards the right side of the photo, as we look at it), and kind of creates an indentation that might be interpreted by someone as another baby, at first glance (an example of pareidolia). Did you friend think he saw a second baby like that, just at a quick glance, or did he say he saw a fully-formed second baby, and kept seeing that?

6. Cassie

Cassie New Member

Yes - he said it was "spooking him out"!! There were four of us in the room - he saw the second baby, his wife saw it briefly, and the other two of us were saying it is definitely only one baby. This was two or three years ago, I must show it to him again and see if he still sees two babies.

7. Cassie

Cassie New Member

Hi Bluebird, thank you for your reply.

He saw a fully formed baby. We did notice the shape of the pillow and thought it was that - but he said it was two babies that looked alike.

Thinking about this last night has brought back memories, and I recall now seeing a medium (prior to the one who told me I was a twin) who got messages from my father. She said he was showing her three daughters. I said he only had two, and she insisted he was showing her three.

Also in the 1980's I had several sessions with a healer. Each time I saw her she told me she could "see" a photo of a baby in an old fashioned pram. She described it so well I knew it was the photo I posted here and showed it to her. She immediately said that was the photo she was seeing but didn't know why.

So my family and I have had many nudges from spirit letting us know about my sister!

Oh that has made my day being called cute!!! Yes I'm in the UK and was born in Worcestershire in the cottage in the photograph - in fact in the room you can see behind the pram. It was originally a nailers cottage - making nails was a cottage industry in the area - and when my parents moved in there in 1940 my father removed the forge to create a living room. So he always used to say "you can tell people you were born in the forge of a nailers cottage!" Interestingly the cottage was "haunted" (don't like the word really) by the lady who lived there before ... but that's another story!

Last edited: Jul 27, 2018
  8. mac

mac senior member Staff Member

This is an interesting story, Cassie, and equally interesting was the way your twin baby sister was seen - clairvoyantly I'm guessing - by this friend of yours who presumably does not know that he has that attribute.

Cassie likes this.
  9. bluebird

bluebird Well-Known Member

Cassie,

It really does sound as though your family has been receiving hints about/from your sister for quite a long time.

I'm glad it made your day to be called cute, lol -- but I mean, look at that adorable smiling face, and those chubby cheeks! That is one cute munchkin, lol. :) (I love babies!)

The story of your house/cottage is very cool. ;)