1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

Toroidal sky – the first ever 360-degree time-lapse bends space and mind

Discussion in 'Spiritual Growth & Development' started by Waller, Sep 17, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Waller

Waller Banned

"While experimenting with different photography tricks and techniques back in 2012, I was shooting 360 degree panoramas in the daytime and long exposures of the stars streaking in the sky at night. It suddenly became clear that the potential to combine the two techniques could be a trip! Since the Earth is rotating at a steady 1,040 mph I created a custom rig of 4 cameras with fisheye lenses to capture the entire night-sky in motion. Thus the images show the stars rotating around the north star as well as the effect of the southern pole as well and a 360 degree panorama of the scene on Earth.

Each camera is doing nonstop long exposures, typically about 1 minute consecutively for the life of the camera battery. Usually about 3 hours. I then made a script to stitch all the thousands of these panoramas into this time-lapse. I created my rig in January of 2013 while in my final semester at Lansing Community College before receiving an associates degree in photography.

Given it was winter in Michigan, I didn’t get to chase the notorious clear moonless night sky as much as I had hoped as the region has lots of cloud cover that time of year. Though I was ready on the rare night to go experiment. After graduating in May I had built up quite the urge to hit the road. My rig has taken me to firefly parties in Missouri, dark eerie nights at Devils Tower, through Logan Pass at Glacier National Park, up the mountains of British Columbia, and around the amazing arches and sandstone monuments in the Great American Southwest."

[video=youtube;azJaOQAGTJo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azJaOQAGTJo[/video]

2. Waller

Waller Banned

P.S Above by Vincent Brady. :)

3. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

That is beautiful! Thank you for sharing it!!

4. janef

janef Moderator

2014-09-15 13.04.53.jpg

Huge Orb I didn't see when I took this photo.

5. Thats pretty cool

6. janef

janef Moderator

I can't help but wonder if it is my friend's spirit who died recently and her ashes were scattered in Hawaii. This is where it is taken. She had planned on being there at this time, before she got sick. She had a condo there and she knew I was going to be there as well, but on a different Island. Is this a stretch of my imagination? I have never seen an Orb like this one. Does anyone know about Orbs?

2014-09-15 13.04.53.jpg

Last edited: Oct 21, 2014
  7. I don't but maybe some others do. Orbs are quite interesting, the different shapes and colors. I'm sorry about your friend I hope it is her.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2014
  8. Last edited: Oct 24, 2014
  9. janef

janef Moderator

Thank you ilovelearning. Those are amazing orbs. I have had them in other photos in the past, but never such a huge one this one in Hawaii over the ocean. I am pretty sure it is the spirit of my friend, who would have been there if she were still alive and well. The other thing is, it was on my Birthday, Sept. 14th! She died on Aug. 1st after only a 3 week illness. I have been debating whether to show it to her family. I printed it and was going to send it to her son, what do you think?

Last edited: Oct 24, 2014
  10. I guess it would depend on if they were open to such things, and if they felt ready to see it. It is nice of you to think of them.

11. Waller

Waller Banned

Some 'orbs' are dust on lens, refractions of light, the process of faulty digitizing. Some are truly energy bodies, live intelligent beings that have chosen, by evolution or direct change, to be as you see them. Others are archetypical ideas of the concept of light. Some are showing themselves to you because you created them as an experience for yourself.

Choose the interpretation that is persuasive to you. Then you have chosen the right one...for you.

12. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

Hmmm... I haven't much investigated orbs, but from the little I have seen, orbs photographed by digital cameras certainly are not dust or refractions of light. That they are energy bodies seems to me to be pretty well nigh proven. What evidence do you have, dear Waller, that they are dust or refractions? Can you show us some examples of orbs which are either of these things?

13. janef

janef Moderator

What about this one Roberta?

14. Waller

Waller Banned

15. Waller

Waller Banned

From a personal perspective, if you visit Cassadaga South in Florida, they have a Sat nite "orb tour" out by the lake. You take your cameras, snapshots and see what comes of them. The guide will toss dirt, debris and other things into the air and take pics of those particles. This is done for purposes of comparison.

I never had any orbs show up but there were many who were luckier. We could compare the different pics and orb-like images were seen in the debris shots. Often, the only thing that separated the images as orbs or orb-likes was the fact that none of the orbs were in the snapshots of everyones camera. Two people shooting the same part of the sky or above the lake, one would have an orb, the other not. All of the orb-like images were on everyones camera.

Kinda neat.

16. janef

janef Moderator

Waller...This picture was taken with my cell phone, outside, no flash. I took many pictures that day, no other ORB's. Notice the mist slicing thru it. What do you think?

17. Highlander

Highlander Member

Under the right atmospheric conditions excessive ingestion of beans may cause such a flash.

18. janef

janef Moderator

Like the ones I ate at the Mexican restaurant right before I took the photo???? LOL

19. Highlander

Highlander Member

Janef, Just don't drink the water. I'm inclined to believe it is your friend in the photo. Aloha.

20. janef

janef Moderator

21. janef

janef Moderator

It is the spirit of my friend who passed in Aug. and her ashes were scattered here over Hawaii.

22. poeticblue

poeticblue Moderator

Sweet :) Beautiful picture.

23. When I look at this again I notice the white mistiness going through the the orb-when I saw it at first I thought it was a cloud but it is not. Quite amazing.

24. janef

janef Moderator

Spirit Orb

ilovelearning.... yes, the mist goes around and thru it from the clouds to almost the ground, as you can see it in front of the window of the house and the tree . Everyone I have shown it to thinks it is amazing. No dust particles here~ she was quite an angel in life too! very spiritual....

Last edited: Dec 13, 2014
  25. Sounds like she was(is) a wonderful person. :) Just curious-Do you think that orbs are etheric bodies in a round shape or a person's balled up energy? A manifestation of spirit? In your friend's case she had a line going through her orb which I would assume is spiritual energy. When we pass we go to the light. Are orbs a part of that light? I have an idea of what an orb is but I'm not sure exactly what they are.

26. janef

janef Moderator

I have not actually studied or read about orbs at all. My intuition told me it was her energy/essence, whatever. I didn't see anything in the sky when I took the picture, or was I even thinking of her. I was shocked when I saw it. And it just popped in my mind that it was her, just soaring over the place she loved so much, saying Hi, I am here! We talked about the afterlife before she died, she was Buddhist and a believer. We have the exact same name: Mary Jane.

27. That must have been very comforting for you. That is nice that you have the same name, how neat.

28. vic smyth

vic smyth New Member

Drat, I should have placed my orb photos on this thread...

View attachment 189
    View attachment 190
    View attachment 191

I'll repeat them here for convenience.

Janef, your orb is huge, are you sure it's not a photo of a super nova? My orbs are little tiny things, they remind me of sprites, little nature spirits.

29. poeticblue

poeticblue Moderator

I am envious. These photos I am seeing are remarkable :p

30. Waller

Waller Banned

Appropriately so. Hawaii is one of the chakra points for the Earth.