1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

too much

Discussion in 'Food and Nutrition' started by mac, Aug 25, 2020.

1. mac

mac Staff Member

In the western world we often talk a great deal about food but, worse than that, many eat a great deal more than they should or they need. Nutrition is gaining importance as it rightly should but for so many individuals quantity has more immediate importance than quality.

If folk can organise both aspects in their lives then the outcome is likely to be very favorable but if only one can be resolved at a time, quantity needs to be sorted first.

2. Ruby

Ruby Established Member

I love cooking and cook from scratch every day. I'd end up very depressed very quickly if I just opened packets and tins all the time. I just couldn't do it. If I was unable to get home in time to cook properly I'd batch cook at weekends, and I have done that in the past. I also love baking. My latest thing is fermented sauerkraut. I think it's very important to introduce babies and children to the widest variety of foods and not to take no for an answer! Certainly not to operate like a restaurant and cook to order, which is a very recent, crazy way to behave, in my opinion.
    People who eat far too much are maybe missing something from their lives. Maybe something spiritual? In times past when society was generally religious food was valuable, people worked hard to put food on the table and couldn't afford to waste it. I'm sure it was hard physical work and the lack of fat and sugar that kept people slim though, rather than church and worship satisfying them. Yet there is a kind of poverty of spirit these days. Are people nowadays eating too much out of boredom, despair and loneliness, as they feel life has no purpose?

3. mac

mac Staff Member

I would consider that's a real possibility, Ruby, but just one factor.

4. dream jo

dream jo New Member

coz 2020 i sratd stardd grownn my ownn potooss i did

5. Ruby

Ruby Established Member

Nice! Everyone who's lucky enough to have a garden has never had it looking so good as during this covid thing.

6. bluebird

bluebird Major Contributor

You're right, Ruby. Especially good considering the possibility of infection via other people touching fruits & veg from the store, during the collection and shipping process. Per guidelines, I wash all fruits & veg I buy with soap and water before using them. Then we have (at least in the U.S.; I'm not sure where you're located) the recent recall of onions due to salmonella, ugh.

I don't have a garden (I don't really have a yard in which to plant one), but for those who do, this is certainly their time!