1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

To go to the light or not?

Discussion in 'General Afterlife Discussions' started by Moonbarker, Aug 16, 2018.

1. Moonbarker

Moonbarker New Member

Hi everyone - I’m newly registered here but not new to the forum and regularly lurk reading the threads. Like many of you, I do a lot of reading and investigating of all things relating to the afterlife including interviews and documentaries etc on YouTube. Lately, a few Youtube ‘recommendations’ have come up with videos discussing why going through the tunnel or towards the light upon death is some kind of trick (by sinister beings?) to trap us on earth in endless reincarnation cycles. I was expecting the comments underneath to be jam packed with people proclaiming this as nonsense but was surprised to find the theory seems to have a significant following! From what I can gather, the advice was that you are to ignore the tunnel and/or light and go into the darkness or void instead where you should ask for the ‘true’ exit and in doing so end up where you are supposed to be i.e. heaven! I always thought when the day comes, it would all be fairly self explanatory but I’ve been left feeling really quite alarmed and frightened by this theory and wondered if any of you had heard of it and what your thoughts are. Thanks.

2. mac

mac senior member Staff Member

My view is that what you've heard is so much nonsense but only you can decide who to allow to influence you and your own approach.

My approach has always been to take my guidance from teachers and guides who have been widely acknowledged as spiritually advanced and authoritative and whose words and ideas appeal to my reason. I personally wouldn't dream of listening to so-called advice from unknown folk on YouTube.

YouTube can be helpful over many material matters but for spiritual ones it wouldn't be somewhere I'd turn for my guidance.

3. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

Please don't worry! In fact, the "tunnel and light" that is sometimes reported by NDE-ers seems to be just a rescue device, a wormhole to bring us safely through the negative lowest astral levels and to the beautiful astral at what is probably level 3. I have read many hundreds of communications from people who have completed their normal deaths, and NOT ONE OF THEM EVER SAW A TUNNEL!! Instead, for them - and for all of us - death is a natural process of leaving our bodies and reuniting with loved ones at our bedside, then raising our spiritual vibrations together as the room disappears and what appears around us is a beautiful new solid reality in precisely the same place, just as easily as you might change TV channels!!

4. Truth seeker

Truth seeker Member

I just read the other day in a spiritist site warning about that false theory or not going to the light, that could be dangerous and could be driven by low evolutioned spirits to cause mayhem....

5. Moonbarker

Moonbarker New Member

Thank you Mac - I suspect it is nonsense too but there is so much information out there that it’s difficult to differentiate sometimes. Might I ask if you have any recommendations for good reading material from those you consider to be spiritually advanced? I’ve noticed you mention Silver Birch regularly - would that be good place to start? Thanks.

6. Moonbarker

Moonbarker New Member

Thank you Roberta - that has reassured me. I shouldn’t let myself be drawn down the rabbit hole of misinformation! Your explanation sounds much more appealing!

7. Moonbarker

Moonbarker New Member

I thought that might be the case too truthseeker. I just got a little scared by it particularly as I’m quite exhausted at the thought of having too many more re-runs here on Earth! I’d be interesting to find out how many times I’ve been here already. Anyway, I think I will file the theory under ‘things not to worry about’ in the meantime. Thank you for your response.

8. mac

I would certainly suggest you consider reading at least one of the many compilations of Silver Birch's teachings. Take a look in the Resources section or here: https://www.spiritualtruthfoundation.org/barbanell-silverbirch/

Some of those books may also be available through regular book suppliers.

Alternatively Red Cloud's teachings may appeal to you and members may suggest their own favourites. :)

9. mac

As with all communications from discarnates we should be cautious about who says what. Some individuals may be mischievous, even malicious or simply ignorant/inexperienced.

Anyone offering advice should be treated with similar caution until one is certain about the quality of the advice they are offering - it applies here as much as it does over-there!

I've regularly declared my approach that discarnates most readily contactable may be those still 'close to' the earth plane and may be little more spiritually-evolved than those who contact them.

Moonbarker likes this.
  10. Moonbarker

Moonbarker New Member

Many thanks - I will take a look at both and look forward to any suggestions from others too.

11. Widdershins3

Widdershins3 Active Member

I ran into that very subversive and negative opinion years ago on the website of a famous (should be "infamous") alien abductee author and it set off all of my personal alarm bells. That poor man can be seen from his own writings to have been the victim of egregiously abusive government experimentation, beginning in early childhood and enabled by his parents. And it was immediately picked up and enthusiastically endorsed by all his sycophantic followers on the site, too. It may have originated there, in fact, and spread like a cancer across the internet.

To me, it remains a stellar example of how severely a human mind can be warped if evil people can gain access to it early enough. This man is truly gifted and to see how he's been used to interject abusive ideas into spiritual discourse grieves me deeply. It is wrong. But it appeals to other damaged people whose outlook on life and life after death have been colored by the abuse they've received.

Pity is an appropriate response, but don't fall for the manipulation. It goes against just about everything I've learned from personal experience about the paranormal nature of our world and the next. I'm no sweetness-and-light addict flitting about in floating violet draperies, either. I've personally seen a ghost (of the "recording on the ether" variety) that exuded a dark, terrifying evil, but that's not the same as claiming that the Light is a cruel hoax. It simply says that a person given over to evil practices once lived in that spot and left an impression so strong that it endured from the 1800s through the 1960's when I encountered it, as had many others over the years.

12. bluebird

bluebird Well-Known Member

Widdershins,

Would you be willing to name the alien abductee author to whom you refer? If he is already infamous, you wouldn't be giving away any secrets, but if you don't feel comfortable sharing his name then I do understand.

13. Jack

Jack Member

Yes, but Roberta, what about the hundreds of people who say they did go through a tunnel? Raymond Moody thought it significant enough to include in his "Life After Life" and people's testimony on hundreds of videos on YouTube includes them going through a tunnel toward a pinpoint of light that grows bigger as we approach it. What are we to do with this massive amount of anecdotal evidence?

14. mac

I don't know what one should make of Moody's book but Roberta had said: "I have read many hundreds of communications from people who have completed their normal deaths, and NOT ONE OF THEM EVER SAW A TUNNEL!!"

No matter how authoritative you may consider YouTube to be on this matter, those giving their accounts on YouTube aren't dead. ;)

pandora97 likes this.
  15. Kurt

Kurt Active Member

YouTube. Also thinks that

Elvis, Jackson, Morrison and Cobain are camping out on a tropical island bunker ...
    With 2pac, peep, X and biggie...

And somewhere along the line the line, it turns out that Trump is a time traveling lizard who Caused 9 11 to prevent ww3...

There's nothing wrong with watching it (I find it entertaining), but if you think it is authoratitave, then you will be misled very badly.

So then, let's see what other bull- I mean factual information can we come up with!!!! ;):D;). :)

16. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

Jack, the "tunnel" is apparently a wormhole that operates only when people are out of their bodies at a time other than their planned exit point. The lowest levels of the astral are quite negative, so these people are conveyed through them to a higher, "lighter" level. I cannot emphasize strongly enough the fact that a near-death experience has nothing to do with death! It can become death, but only if the experiencer wills it so. Consider the tunnel to be an emergency measure that isn't needed if someone is undergoing a planned, natural death.