1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

time

Discussion in 'General Afterlife Discussions' started by mac, Jun 9, 2020.

1. kirolak

kirolak New Member

Haha . . I'm stuck a few centuries back, although I do like( & play) some modern music (I don't mean pop, but Tansman, Brouwer. . . .) I must admit that the kind of music you mention makes me physically ill, it's not a matter of even disliking repetitive bass lines but it actually affects my body, especially the stomach. In fact, I can't handle anything that smacks of "entrainment".

2. kirolak

kirolak New Member

I was taught as a child that we lost individual awareness as we progressed, but according to my investigations (!) you are correct; we don't lose the sense of Self, just the sense of self .. .

3. mac

mac Staff Member

Beauty - as they say - is in the eye of the beholder. We each like what appeals to us individually. I don't know what entrainment is in connection with music but if that's what I'm enjoying then I love it. :)

4. mac

mac Staff Member

It ain't me who's correct it's what Silver Birch taught decades ago. Whatever/however, individuality isn't something that fades - it's the reverse situation according to that guide although I expect others will quote other sources that say something different. I'm mostly gonna wait to find out first-hand and simply stay aware that there are alternative perspectives even in the world of the spirit, our own included and particularly.

I don't understand why you've written 'Self' and then 'self'. o_O

5. kirolak

kirolak New Member

I just meant the Higher Self, the one without the ego. . . .

6. mac

mac Staff Member

I getcha....

7. CuriousYeti

CuriousYeti New Member

I wanna read Mr. Birch's passage on time again, but when He speaks of the Circle of Time it rang some bells for me and I'd like to share. I think of this site often, and I should give back.

My life seems to almost repeat itself every 4 years, but in a different way. Cycling. I think more of an infinity symbol, a figure-8, than a circle. I always seem to come back to the same place again - but better (or sometimes worse). And I kind of know this because most of the time I recognize the times I am back in the same place again to learn a new lesson or to get better or to reflect on how I suck and made mistakes.

There are a couple of very large events which happened in my life however, that seem to cycle on larger intervals than 4 years. They seem to almost be in a larger sphere of things. Things like when my father passed, or something that happened to me when I was in my teens over a girl I liked, things like that.

Sometimes I'll come back to a place where I'm reflecting on it and I'm like wow, same place, different day.

Another analogy I could offer is when I was in engineering school. They taught us a mathematical principle called the Laplace transform. This was basically a cheat for calculus. What this thing does is takes anything that is originally in the time domain, and it transforms it into the frequency domain. So instead of looking at how long something takes to happen, you look at how many times it happens during some interval.

Another example. My dog taught me all about time travel, but only for specifics. He was an animal so he'd know if something was going to happen or not. Like a walk that day, a visitor, is returning home, etc. It had to be specific though. Something concrete and stronger than time. Sometimes, you just know...

Another example, I think of time as almost a commodity. It's food to be calm. Laid back. Slack is a commodity. Not laziness, but a knowing, things are good, at least at the moment. On the now, but a bit of a cushion.

(Ok cool, i was gonna say 'good' instead of 'food' but food nails it)!

kirolak likes this.