1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

time

Discussion in 'General Afterlife Discussions' started by mac, Jun 9, 2020.

1. mac

mac Staff Member

We've often discussed and debated the nature of time and its absence from the etheric world. Below are the ideas of guide and teacher 'Silver Birch'.

When a(nother) visitor asked about free will, Silver Birch took the opportunity to explain about its relationship to time. The question was direct. "How does free will operate?" The woman guest explained her interest "..arose from something I read in Two Worlds where you refer to time as being the eternal present."

She added: "If I look back through my life I can see all the intersections, decisions I made, the operation of cause and effect, the whole chain. Supposing I had the gift of looking into the future. I should see what is lined up for me. But if that is the case, where does my free will come in?”

The guide replied: “Forgive me for saying this, but you are a little confused. Time is the eternal present. It is not past or future. It is your relationship to time that determines your past and future.
    If you visualise time - this is very hard to convey - as a circle which is constantly moving round, [then]the point where you touch it is what you call your present. The part where you have touched it is what you call your past. The part you have yet to touch is what you call your future. But so far as time is concerned it has no past or future.
    What you call 'looking into the future' is only that ability through clairvoyance or attunement when you escape the three-dimensional boundaries of the physical world and see what will be your future. You behold the effect of the cause you put into motion, what your free will has created. But this does not affect time itself, only your relation to it.”

I'm not confident it will make the matter any clearer. o_O

Kurt, kirolak, Monika and 2 others like this.
  2. kirolak

kirolak New Member

A few years ago, while playing a boring board game with my daughter, I had what I can only describe as a "download". It was as if I remembered something recent that I had somehow forgotten. I was really excited & took notes :p which I've since lost. But the gist of it was that Time is like a musical chord; it can be inverted, diminished, augmented, etc. . and also replayed. I was also "told" about the laws of dimensions being different from one another; the higher or more abstract the dimension, the fewer "laws" there are. I took laws to mean Natural Laws eg gravity.

It was one of the most profound experiences of my life. I have always been fascinated by Time, and read widely on early theorists when I was still a child. Nowadays it "feels" as if everything happens simultaneously, so that we both make new karma and experience the results of previous actions, all at the same moment.

Do you think we can reincarnate "retrograde", in earlier times? I have had some dreams abut this.

Kurt likes this.
  3. Kurt

Kurt Major Contributor

I used to think I would like to reincarnate in the past since... Let's face it - At least in the US - The country and the world it seems has gone mad. I've studied the 20th century very extensively and I basically sum it up as - And then it got worse -

The 21st I regard as a continuation in that regard... Only now it seems to have reached terminal velocity

I think it's going to get worse in the west so I'm looking into expatriation but overall around the world I see it getting better.

I think that between the commercialization of space travel and technological advancements towards the singularity (especially the neuralink) the world will be quite the amazing place to live in.

The issue is that it will polarize society even more due to the merging of man and machine.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2020
    kirolak likes this.
  4. Kurt

Kurt Major Contributor

I regard it like a calm body of water. If you tap it it sends out ripples that go away. If you tap it again somewhere else it creates more. You can continue to do this.

The places you have tapped are your past but you can tap anywhere. You can make it polka dotted even.

That would make it nonlinear

Time is when it's calm like a mirror. The present is where you tap if that makes any sense.

Free will can certainly impact things and by merit of being dynamic it can impact your future but sometimes you make a decision that creates such a wide arc it's effects are forever felt, sort of permanent and thus inevitable in a way.

For example, choosing a career. You will have different jobs and positions but always the same type. Like medical for example.

Or soldiers who go to the military. It changes them forever.

Those who go to war. You can go for a few battles but the effects may last a lifetime.

A spouse you can marry for a few years. If you have kids that's permanent. If you have a divorce after 10 that causes such a wide arc it will be forever felt. Many men die after their wives go so that's another permanent effect.

So in a way, cause and effect does take away free will in some ways. Moreso in the context of a very very very wide arc.

That's my interpretation of it.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2020
    kirolak likes this.
  5. Kurt

Kurt Major Contributor

There's also this.

Beyond the nature of time itself... Beyond General Relativity and quantum theory and the spiritual aspects of it we have this wonderful song.

mac likes this.
  6. mac

mac Staff Member

Much as I mostly find Silver Birch eloquent-yet-simple his ideas don't work for me when trying to get a handle on time. I'm stuck with a linear perspective of time albeit I have no problem with the concept of infinity, of our never reaching that point of perfection no matter how much progress we make - he goes into detail elsewhere concerning that aspect.

Interestingly (I find) he also emphasises that the more spiritually progressed we become the more individualised we become. Put crudely we don't eventually disappear into an amorphous state of being when we have merged into a 'blob' of pure spirit, a state where we no longer have individuality. Progress is apparently infinite and lasts for infinity. That leaves me wondering about ideas I've gained from another guide. After three and a half decades of looking into 'this good stuff' I'm beginning to wonder just how much I thought I understood! :(

I do increasingly wonder about the 'back-tracking' these highly-evolved spirit guides have to carry out. Just to attempt - as simply as they can - to convey to us poor saps the complexity of etheric life they have to temporarily 'step down' their natural 'spiritual frequency'. ('vibration') It does make me wonder how much gets 'lost in translation' when they do it. Is that perhaps why there are apparent discrepancies between guides sometimes? Are they simplifying to such a degree that too much is lost when these guides look for ways to explain to us aspects of life in spirit we're simply unable - in incarnate form - ever to properly comprehend?

Isn't that always a risk when concepts are 'dumbed down' to explain to those untrained and unqualified to understand? No matter how much effort is put in there's no certainty that the underlying principles are being adequately explained. :eek:

baob, kirolak and Kurt like this.
  7. mac

mac Staff Member

What a wonderful selection of images to accompany this lovely music! I didn't realise it was from 'Inception', great movie!

I'd love to hear a drum-and-base / trance/ electronica remix of the tune. :) Found some - try 'em!

(Pen Perry, trance)

(Cyberdesign, trance/d&b)

Alan Walker and Hans Zimmer release mesmerising video for ‘Time’ remix (Zimmer Walker inc. video)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axRAL0BXNvw (Zimmer Walker remix)

thanks, Kurt

Something a little more acid-house and banging would be great, though.....;)

Last edited: Jun 26, 2020
    Kurt likes this.
  8. Kurt

Kurt Major Contributor

Thanks Mac! :D These are even better!

9. mac

mac Staff Member

As a sometime visitor to your lovely country I hear folk speak of the problems in the US (or Canada) as if they're peculiar to just them. But whenever I've just arrived or when I've just got home I hear something and think to myself "I've heard that before- was it here in this country or over there where we've just come from?" Problems here look a lot like problems in the US and vice versa - just the details and scale that are different.

The grass always looks greener on the other side???? ;)

10. mac

mac Staff Member

Glad you like..... :) That's my kind of music - I'm stuck in the house/garage/trance times of 15 years ago although it seems even now that re-mixing is popular.