1. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.
    Dismiss Notice

Time

Discussion in 'General Afterlife Discussions' started by genewardsmith, Oct 22, 2017.

1. genewardsmith

genewardsmith New Member

What do spirits actually mean when they say things like "For us, there is no time" and then talk in terms of time relationships?

2. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

In 95% of the reality that we can access, even remotely, there is no time. Literally. It is difficult for those of us trapped in time even to imagine that, but so it is! People not in bodies can, however, remember what it was like to experience time, and they can draw close to us on our level and again experience it, so when they are communicating with us they sometimes talk in terms of time... but it is always "earth-time" that they are talking about. It really isn't anything real!

Widdershins3 likes this.
  3. genewardsmith

genewardsmith New Member

If you are from the Summer land level, and you say I experienced this, then did that, and then came here, how that not experiencing time?

4. mac

mac senior member Staff Member

Whatever we say about there being no time 'over there' our unseen friends often still link with important anniversaries - for example birthdays etc still seem important along with Christmas if that was something you celebrated whilst incarnate.

Rather than getting bogged down, though, with the concept of time and how or if it's experienced (compared with how it's experienced during life incarnate) it's easier, I suggest, simply to acknowledge that events appear to happen in a linear fashion for 'some time' (!!) after we have passed over.

As pointed out earlier, the closer we draw to earth dimension the more we appear to experience again the emotions we had as incarnates. Hence an awareness of Christmas and anniversary dates is understandable and, based on communications, it seems that some discarnates spend a fair amount of their 'time' still in the environs of our earth dimension.

5. jimrich

jimrich Active Member

I believe the term "no-time" actually means "only now" or "the now" ("For us, there is only NOW".) and in a bodiless state, it's easier to realize that there only is now or the now so the sense of things occurring in time or over time is replaced by the sense of things happening now or in the now. This is it - just this - here and now. The entire Appearance (cosmos) is occurring or unfolding now even if a past and future seem to be real, there is only Now or This. Dis-incarnates experience "the Now" easier than when in apparent bodies and apparent time.

6. RobertaGrimes

that we will have a phone-like communication devise "soon," and they even have guessed at dates, but we don't take them at their literal word because they really have no idea of being in time. They are just guessing!

7. RobertaGrimes

Well said, Jimrich. I think that it is less "timelessness" that they experience than it is an extremely vivid and intense sense of "Now," so time really doesn't matter to them. They are always within whatever "Now" is!

8. Widdershins3

Widdershins3 Active Member

I've read messages from people on the other side who've tried to describe what time is to them and several times I've seen the word "stacked" used to describe what they see when they need to intervene in time: as though moments are in a vast stack and they can enter the one they want. A few years ago there was a good Mathew McConaughey movie called Interstellar that showed an astronaut navigating a seemingly alien area inside a wormhole where he could communicate with the daughter he'd left behind on earth. And if I'm remembering correctly the moments were stacked, just like those accounts in the afterlife literature. I went to IMDb and tried to find a trailer for the movie that showed that scene, but can't find one. I think this link will take you to one of them though and give you an idea of the film. If you decide to watch it, I hope you'll share your opinions of that particular very strange scene. http://www.imdb.com/videoplayer/vi2284039193?ref_=ttvi_vi_imdb_6