1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

time and reincarnation

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussions' started by Luna, May 23, 2019.

1. mac

mac Staff Member

my pleasure - sorry I goofed :rolleyes:

Luna likes this.
  2. poeticblue

poeticblue member

Well you can’t be perfect all of the time! :)

Luna likes this.
  3. mac

mac Staff Member

or any of the time! :D:cool:

poeticblue likes this.
  4. baob

baob New Member

Hi Mac,
    Thanks for your comment! Your understanding is quite matched with what spirits talked about in the website of Macy Afterlife: The Beacon__ Germ 10: How Some People Reincarniate , quoted as follows:
    Earthside: That reminds me a little of dying on our side. Describe the procedure for me, please. Does the person concerned take leave from close spiritual sisters or brothers?

Spiritside: The procedure is similar to people’s arrival here, only this time it is a going back. The person is again placed in what looks like a tub. His body, which on this level usually takes on an average age of 25-30 years, begins to change and becomes increasingly younger and smaller. It returns to the state of a child and then to a baby and finally to a small cell. By the time the body has become a cell, it is no longer present here among us. The cell has meanwhile arrived in the female body of a human being.

It looks like once the spirit reincarnates, the discarnated can't find him in the afterlife. "it is no longer present here among us." but the consciousness is still in the afterlife that is why we can contact his consciousness in the afterlife through the medium. Is that correct? Has Silver Birch talked about this?
    Does Silver Birch call it "Consciousness" instead of "higher self"? I only read one of his books called "Philosophy of Silver Birch."
    Thanks!

5. mac

mac Staff Member

It's an interesting notion but being placed in something that looks like a tub doesn't ring true for me.... Maybe it was the communicator's attempt to explain a mechanism using something the enquirer could identify with. I just don't know but it doesn't work for me.

Isn't that what we'd expect?
    Whatever the spirit is, however it achieves the state necessary to eventually become integrated with the fertilised egg in the mother-to-be, a process that signifies the beginning of its new life as an incarnate individual...... whatever that involves, it seems to me that it will be a total association of spirit and body (albeit an immature one for some considerable time) Not a partial association with some component of that animating spirit remaining in the etheric.

Now you're confusing me. A medium connects with discarnate spirits, ie spirits which are living in the etheric dimensions. Any communication with the so-called consciousness of an individual will be with the consciousness of a discarnate individual and not one alive on earth. (see footnote)

It makes no sense whatever to me that after incarnation there would be some element of the spirit's consciousness (their so-called higher self) remaining in the etheric. Maybe I'm too simple-minded in my approach but I've yet to be persuaded otherwise.

I don't recall him doing.

I can't answer for Silver Birch.

I've read a fair number of the compilations of his guidance give through trance medium Maurice Barbanell. (remember Silver Birch didn't write or dictate anything) but it's some time ago and I am cautious about what I remember. If SB talked about something that now is referred to as 'higher self' then I can't recall what word(s) he used. I only hope I am remembering the principles correctly; I think I am. ;)

footnote: This is a special and unusual case of communication. It appears that some mediums are sometimes able to communicate with the animating spirit of a person classed as in a persistent vegetative state. BUT that spirit isn't living in the etheric because it remains attached to the body of the comatose but living person.

6. baob

baob New Member

Mac, I appreciate your detailed explanation! It makes sense:)

7. mac

mac Staff Member

my pleasure :)

8. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

There is some evidence that we do (or that we can) retain a body in the Summerland levels while we are undergoing an earth-lifetime. Like many things about the afterlife, it may be quite individual.