1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

time and reincarnation

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussions' started by Luna, May 23, 2019.

1. Luna

Luna New Member

The time thing IS confusing for sure... I mean, by looking at it from my time based perspective, when I die I should have finished all my incarnations because they all already occured. It's hard to wrap my head around this. :confused:

Anita Moorjani had a very interesting NDE, which I know can't be taken as seriously, but her description of the timelessness there caused her to dismiss reincarnation. She said it left her feeling like it's a simultaneous or parallel experience of lives. So essentially, what I said before- as if all the incarnations will be over when she passes :p would be interesting to hear Mikey's perspective on this.

Currently I hope to not come back- just saying!

baob likes this.
  2. poeticblue

poeticblue member

Yes, I’ve said the same thing hoping I won’t come back again in another life, but who knows how many times we’ve had these conversations before.

Our higher self knows what’s best and when we pass into the afterlife we understand why we had to endure the things we do/did here now. Once we’ve had time to reflect and recover after death, who knows there may be just another Afterlife Forum created again with all of us here together in a distant future. ;)

3. mac

mac Staff Member

I don't concern myself about time. I'm not persuaded that the way we've heard is correct and/or that we're able - in our incarnate form - to fully understand what's meant. It's easy to give more attention to these matters than is justified.

The sage, guide and teacher Silver Birch - who was last incarnate around 3000 years ago before returning to offer guidance through mediumship - told the story that among his peers were those who declared they'd never met a single individual who had reincarnated. Those individuals were presumably at a similar level of spiritual progression as he. Yet he said he had no doubt. So whose words and ideas should we heed? Or should we focus on more practical issues, try to get our heads aroud the simplest of notions before we try to get them around such immaterial issues as time or the lack of it?

And I'd love to find after I kick my clogs and get back home that there is no need for me to return, no need for any more earth experience. :) I don't know if I'm actually hoping that, though. :confused:

4. baob

baob New Member

Hi Mac, do you mean that Silver Birch agreed there is no reincarnation. I am still very concerned about this. Can we use quantum theory to explain it? I once tried to study it but it just gave me a headache. Quantum theory is man-made though.

5. mac

mac Staff Member

no - quite the reverse - he was certain that reincarnation is a fact, that we reincarnate.

You could use quantum theory providing you understand it, know how to apply it and know how to interpret the data you get from its application. As far as I'm aware nobody has been able to prove reincarnation using quantum science and in my view it's going to be quite some time before anyone will - always assuming it works in this regard and/or has any relevance.

6. Luna

Luna New Member

Err I actually did want Mikey's perspective on that though :eek:

7. poeticblue

poeticblue member

Well let’s see what Carol and Mikey has to say. Please use their actual thread.

8. poeticblue

poeticblue member

9. mac

mac Staff Member

oopsie - sorry - take a look at the original thread now, please

Luna likes this.
  10. Luna

Luna New Member

I did post it there originally, but it got moved after the discussion that followed. :p

Thank you Mac!!!