1. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.
    Dismiss Notice

those I don't like

Discussion in 'General Afterlife Discussions' started by mac, Aug 2, 2017.

1. mac

mac senior member Staff Member

The following is from an entity calling himself ‘Spirit Guide Sparrow’ and relates to one or more subjects that have previously been discussed on ALF.
    Further guidance may be found at: http://www.spiritguidesparrow.com/index.html

Will I Have To Face Those People Who Abused Me?

This is a question many humans ask while alive. The answer is quite simply, no, you will not.

Those who inflicted certain unloving deeds and harmful actions upon you when in human form lose their right to engage with you in any shape or form in the afterlife. This is to say, they will not be allowed to cross your path or cause any further trauma. You will simply appear invisible to them.

At some point in their soul development they will come to understand the repercussions of their actions upon you and will wish to make amends with you. In this instance another on their behalf will raise this desire to your awareness and allow you to choose whether or not you wish to accept this other person’s recompense.

This will take place entirely at your own readiness, not of the one who did you wrong.

It may be that you do in fact wish to confront them as soon as possible and show them exactly how they made you feel. This then tends to invoke in them feelings of regret and sorrow in their loving soul, and speeds their growth process.

This ultimately aids your own healing and growth process similarly. The same can be said for anyone who takes the life of another human being, and in fact, any form of life form whatsoever.

An animal you have hunted and killed for pleasure or food will come visit you in the spirit world, and will do so to raise your awareness that they too had a soul journey, which ended through your very actions.

2. Widdershins3

Widdershins3 Active Member

I recently finished reading a recent reprint of an old Spiritualist book called "Heaven Revised" by Eliza B. Duffey. (It's a book channeled through Duffey--an American feminist and writer--back in 1889) The spirit dictating the book isn't named, but is obviously a sensitive and intelligent woman who had just recently died, someone apparently known to Duffy. This woman was met by her spirit guide, Margaret, when she crossed over and was taken on a sort of orientation tour of her region of the afterlife.

On page 30 I found an interesting account of their meeting with another woman, who'd struggled in this world with an abusive husband who had pre-deceased her. The women went together to see him and found him sitting alone in a barren area--not Hell, but not a happy place, either. He was still railing against his wife, but she'd chosen to confront him because she'd grown and come to a greater understanding of his problems since she'd been on the other side.

He was even permitted to accompany them in the direction of the realm where his wife now lived, but was unable to stand the light there and could hardly "breathe" as he put it. Eventually, he was forced to turn back. Margaret, the guide, explained that he was the product of generations of men like him, who had allowed selfishness and self-pity to rule their behavior. There was also an inheritance of unrecognized mediumistic abilities which left them open to infestations of evil spirits who had exerted influence on them all their lives.

Spiritualists believe firmly in redemption for all souls and the book closed that chapter with the former wife choosing to take on his development as part of her own spiritual work. While the book is infused with Victorian morality, I think there may be truth in this incident--I suspect that not all abused people choose to confront their abusers immediately after crossing over, but eventually it might become part of their own healing to do so.

3. mac

mac senior member Staff Member

There are likely as many different situations as there are those facing them. Old books may be infused by the morality and values of that era and one needs to be cautious. In my formative years 'in the spooks' I studied in depth and at length 'Kardec's book 'The Spirits Book'. What I learned from it influenced the way I saw survival et al for some time but as my understanding changed I began to see just how very dated were some of the concepts there. Picking it up a few years back I could scarcely believe how very different some issues appeared from how they now appear to me. Even a book from a few decades back can feel dated and old-fashioned and so may the values in it.

Remember too that Spiritualist books haven't been 'channeled'. Guidance and/or teaching came via mediumship. Channeling is a modern term and the technique may not be identical to mediumship.