1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

This is depressing me

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussions' started by Kurt, Nov 10, 2018.

1. Kurt

Kurt Well-Known Member

I feel old and this is not a joke.

So I just had a minor panic attack
    about a week ago when I realized this...

It is about to be 2019.

The midterm election is over but 2016 feels like half a year ago.

I am a few weeks from finishing the first semester of college.

The second semester will start in January. The end will be my first year of college and the halfwaymark to my first degree.

The next Presidential election will happen shortly after.

Spring will come by and the Olympics with it. I will become the class president by then and probably be a Prep or Sushi chef as well.

Then, I will start my last year of college after turning 19 and the election will be over.

Once it is I will have my associates degree and I will be a RN. I will leave San Antonio and move out to Corpus Christi.

I will start the first semester of my sophomore year in college 62.5% of the way to a Bachelor's degree and then I will turn 21 years old.

This is all going to fly by really quickly.

I just turned 18 3 months ago and I am almost 21...

I feel like my life is flashing in front of me...

Did any of you feel this way?

I had a high schooler ask me what it was like when Obama won

I remember Bush.....

This is depressing.

2. pandora97

pandora97 Well-Known Member

Kurt, sending you a PM...….

Kurt likes this.
  3. Ruby

Ruby Active Member

Kurt, life seems to go fast, but it's an illusion created by the way that as you age there are fewer new experiences to be had. Also, you remember Bush and it doesn't seem far back because you "telescope" back to a specific memory of him, and everything in between then and now becomes foreshortened.

Kurt likes this.
  4. poeticblue

poeticblue Moderator

Kurt you’ll be just fine. Just go with the natural flow of life wether it be turbulent or calm. Cherish what you have here while you can no matter the stresses and difficulties. Don’t worry about age too much. In a blink of an eye you can be gone from earths plane at any moment and you don’t want to look back regretting and dwelling on things that are much smaller than it seems. Look at the greater things and what you can be thankful for. Seek help if you are having extreme anxiety issues and look towards positive influences.

This can be easier said then done, but really we will never know if today will be our last day or not. So live it and embrace it. Life wasn’t meant to be a picnic on earth, but we can try to make it one if we can ;)

Kurt likes this.
  5. Bill Z

Bill Z Active Member

Relax brother. I have vague memories of 18. Cool times. Just started gigging than. My morals, tastes in music and life remained the same since 16 or 17 but there were/are many storms we will travel through. Thank you for the stuff you post but brother you are crazy as am I. I'm in calm waters right now and maybe you are seeing some waves but it all evens out brother. Peace.

SashaS and Kurt like this.