1. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.
    Dismiss Notice

This happened so many years ago

Discussion in 'General Afterlife Discussions' started by ravensgate, May 12, 2018.

1. ravensgate

ravensgate Active Member

and to this day I am not sure what happened, where I was. Perhaps you could offer insight?
    All I remember is that I woke up and felt I had just returned from... who knows? No doubt whatsoever, positive in my feeling that I had gone somewhere and had just returned. But where was I?
    I started to get out of bed but just sat there for several minutes, trying so very hard to remember the place I visited... if I did visit any place!
    I grew very annoyed with myself because I was unable to remember. The experience of not remembering and my efforts at trying to remember bothered me so much that I finally decided to put it out of my mind. I told myself that I needed to quit dwelling on it or risk losing my sanity, lol
    And to this day, decades later, when I think about it, it still troubles me. The emotions attached to it aren't as raw and strong, but that nagging curiosity is still there.
    Any ideas? TIA

2. mac

mac senior member Staff Member

I can't relate specifically to your account but I've found myself in a similar situation on the odd occasional albeit without as many emotions - so mine may be different from yours. I can, though, relate to trying in vain to recall something I felt sure was significant and important. I quickly accepted, though, that the event(s) I'd experienced weren't registered in my active memory. I decided that no amount of trying would be likely to succeed and gave up - I'm very much in the camp of "If at first you don't succeed scrub round it and do something else!"

Accordingly I put the events out of my thoughts, very similarly to to the way you did.

3. ravensgate

ravensgate Active Member

Thank you, mac. OCD and "control freak" that I am, sometimes get in the way :rolleyes:
    Will try to put it back on the shelf!

4. bluebird

bluebird Well-Known Member

ravensgate,

I haven't had anything like that happen, to the best of my knowledge. I do sometimes get the feeling that maybe there is a beforelife/afterlife that I know but am unable to remember while stuck here in this life, but I don't know if that's actually the case or not.

Did this experience happen to you only the one time?