1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

things are looking different!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussions' started by mac, Nov 29, 2016.

1. mac

mac senior member Staff Member

I stumbled my way here not knowing what I'd find but although it's different, there appears to be a large degree of continuity from the previous website layout. Is this the new AfterLifeForums?

2. wcardinal

wcardinal Administrator Staff Member

Yes, we have moved the forums to a better forum system. Hopefully everything is intact and accessible.

3. mac

From a cursory glance a half hour ago we looked a little short of registered members but maybe you're still in the process of migrating them and other data. Private messages don't go back far either....

4. wcardinal

wcardinal Administrator Staff Member

There are 2300+ members. The member list is hidden from the frontend, at least for now, to discourage spammers from joining.

Not sure about PMs. It's possible they were part of the corruption since there are/were a huge number of them.

5. mac

Ah I understand... I didn't have many pm messages in my Inbox and none were especially important anyway. I did notice earlier that the most recent one had disappeared after a round of website problems and associated log in issues. Are there any alternative color schemes for the header, text etc?

6. mac

What is the status of the former website's 'Blog' section? Anything recoverable by individual registered members?

7. Unexpected

Unexpected Guest

Love that it's mobile-friendly now!

8. mac

All we need now is for former-members to re-join and begin contributing here.....

Unexpected likes this.
  9. Kurt

Kurt Active Member

I remember that day... Someone else decided that they too wanted a website called afterlife forums...

10. mac

I don't know if their motivation was as simple as that.....

Kurt likes this.
  11. Kurt

Kurt Active Member

Wait... Did Waller Joel try to shut us down?

12. mac

I don't know....

Kurt likes this.
  13. Kurt

Kurt Active Member

Dang...

14. mac

That's life....

Kurt likes this.