1. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.
    Dismiss Notice

They're happy!

Discussion in 'General Afterlife Discussions' started by DenverGuy, May 4, 2017.

1. milahanna

milahanna Member

I could not have worded this more perfectly. Thank you, Louise for expressing my thoughts on this so beautifully.

I don't believe for a second that they are skipping through the Afterlife having a blast. If so, then we either revert back to children or become sociopaths when we pass. Sounds silly when one thinks about it. This belief is just wishful thinking.

Love carries over and I believe relationships can become even stronger across the veil. With the physical connection being temporarily separated, we can work on the internal connection which will hopefully bear the most beautiful fruit when we reunite.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2017
  2. Nirvana

Nirvana Member

If this life was our real life and most important life, we wouldn't die in it

isabel mcdonald likes this.
  3. milahanna

milahanna Member

It's the start..

We continue to learn and grow on the other side. Swedenborg explains this well. No need to be going back to Kindergarten over and over again.

Goldie likes this.
  4. bluebird

bluebird Well-Known Member

Louise and milahanna, I agree. I hope my husband is happy and peaceful in an afterlife, and perhaps he is, but I also know that he is sad because I am sad, because our souls are intertwined as they should be with soulmates. If there is an afterlife in which my husband exists, then of course he understands my sadness and grief, and knows that it cannot be otherwise for me. If I had died and now existed in an afterlife, while he remained in this life, he would be grieving and as sad as I am, and I would fully understand and feel for him. Love is, among other things, understanding.

5. Louise66

Louise66 New Member

Yes, Bluebird, that's one reason I'm glad it was me left behind to feel this grief, and not my beautiful man xo

6. Louise66

Louise66 New Member

Hello Milahanna - I love your name - so pretty :) At a friend's recommendation, I bought the book "Everlasting Love" by Patrick and Kathleen Mathews. It''s specifically about couples who have been parted, and how the relationship can become even closer across the veil :) I look forward to making that a reality.

7. Nirvana

Nirvana Member

I understand your perspective, but that anecdote is kind-of a nail in the coffin (no pun intended) for me, considering all I've been researching.

8. bill zola

bill zola Active Member

Milahanna said:
    "I don't believe for a second that they are skipping through the Afterlife having a blast. If so, then we either revert back to children or become sociopaths when we pass. Sounds silly when one thinks about it. This belief is just wishful thinking.

Love carries over and I believe relationships can become even stronger across the veil. With the physical connection being temporarily separated, we can work on the internal connection which will hopefully bear the most beautiful fruit when we reunite."

In communications with my Susie after She transitioned She explained to me that there is no grief there, I don't believe that She is either a child nor a sociopath but a being of much greater wisdom now. She sees my grief and suffering and sends me signs and messages to help me but She does not grieve because She knows life is but a short few seconds that we human's must endure.

I have been Her caretaker for the last 5-6 years and now She is taking care of me. I feel Her throughout the day and yes I agree that our relationship now is stronger than ever it's just that I am stuck in this physical reality and that is so very painful.

Widdershins3 and milahanna like this.
  9. bluebird

bluebird Well-Known Member

But there is a difference, in my opinion, between "skipping through the Afterlife having a blast" (as Milahanna said she does not believe our dead loved ones are doing, and neither do I) and not grieving the way we do because from their perspective the time we are apart is very short. Some people who believe in the existence of an afterlife put forth the idea that our dead loved ones are not only not grieving, but essentially don't really even think much about us, that they are just busy having a good time learning and experiencing. If there is an afterlife, I hope my husband is happy, is learning and experiencing, but I also know that if he exists, he is sad for me, because however things appear from his perspective, he knows that my life now is sad and empty without him. Because he loves me, he feels for me, as he always has, and as I always have for him.

So, while those in the afterlife may not grieve as we do, given their greater perspective, I don't believe they detach from us and don't feel for us, either. Not that I think you are saying they do, bill zola -- what I'm saying is more in response to things I've seen some other people say, on this site and others.

You are lucky/blessed to receive signs and messages from your Susie.

milahanna likes this.
  10. jimrich

jimrich Active Member

I can only share with you what I learned in psychotherapy (not grief counseling). It is my own responsibility to be or make myself HAPPY!!! I am not supposed to need or depend on anyone to make me happy! If my late wife is happy in Heaven - GREAT! If I am unhappy, sad, hurting, lonely, angry, etc., it's up to me to turn all of that around and become happy again. I have both the power and the skills to MAKE myself happy and so I do. I simply CHOOSE to be happy and, when I'm down or troubled, I get right up and bring back my happiness or at least neutrality rather than lay helplessly in the rut of depression, sorrow and pain!
    This is also a by-product of Self Esteem work which taught me to "esteem" myself in the most positive way possible and stay there, so healthy self esteem and self respect inspires me to stay up and remain positive NO MATTER WHAT! I did my grieving and still do sometimes BUT my self respect keeps me from staying down and depressed after losing my late wife.
    Re: "Is it me?" ..... Who else could it be? It's your life! You could live it depressed and unhappy or learn how to live a happy life, here and now, NO MATTER WHAT! I'd Google: happiness is a choice and also: self esteem work.
    Re: "I am believing more and more that they don't really leave us, and that they are still aware of us." They don't leave us and they are both aware of us and right here with us but it's up to us to have and make our own happiness (with a little help from them). They share our feelings so being unhappy, down and depressed brings them down as well and being happy and up-beat also brings them up. Their "world" is happier than ours but they are still influenced by what we feel and do over here even if most of us cannot feel their reality over in Heaven or the Afterlife.
    good luck finding some happiness. She also wants that for you, IMO.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2017