1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

THERE IS NO DEATH!

Discussion in 'General Afterlife Discussions' started by Bill Z, May 12, 2018.

1. Bill Z

Bill Z Well-Known Member

"I do have one question about your realization that we are all one. If we are all one, does that mean we should have 100% empathy with everyone?"[/QUOTE]
    Thanks Convolution. 100% empathy would be great but IMO probably not possible for most in physical form. The more I learn the less I know but the more empathy I feel. I just try not to judge. Because life can be so painful we often do what I consider silly things to ease the pain.
    Years ago I was calling on a client every week and every time the receptionist was a bi$%h and kept me waiting every freaking time. I got there early but was late for my meeting every time because of her. One day I was determined to put an end to this. I intended to speak to her supervisor and maybe even get her fired. I got there expecting to see this b^&ch but she wasn't there A replacement was there and I overheard a phone conversation that the replacement had. "she (the receptionist) is out again, her daughter is back in the hospital and might not be coming home this time". Wow! Here I was trying to get the mother of a dying child fired! WTF was wrong with me?? So I try not to judge, I still do, but I try. Say I come up way short of 100% but keep trying.

2. Convolution

Convolution Active Member

Thanks Convolution. 100% empathy would be great but IMO probably not possible for most in physical form. The more I learn the less I know but the more empathy I feel. I just try not to judge. Because life can be so painful we often do what I consider silly things to ease the pain.
    Years ago I was calling on a client every week and every time the receptionist was a bi$%h and kept me waiting every freaking time. I got there early but was late for my meeting every time because of her. One day I was determined to put an end to this. I intended to speak to her supervisor and maybe even get her fired. I got there expecting to see this b^&ch but she wasn't there A replacement was there and I overheard a phone conversation that the replacement had. "she (the receptionist) is out again, her daughter is back in the hospital and might not be coming home this time". Wow! Here I was trying to get the mother of a dying child fired! WTF was wrong with me?? So I try not to judge, I still do, but I try. Say I come up way short of 100% but keep trying.[/QUOTE]
    I agree with all your points here. I don't mean to imply that 100% empathy is reasonably achievable. I just wondered if you thought that would be the logical conclusion of the point of all of us ultimately being one- a mostly never reaching goal of sorts, perhaps.
    It is hard to have empathy, sometimes, I agree.
    I found that the more I meditated, the more I have come to see what I believe you refer to- these behaviors we all do in order to hide or run from pain. They do seem silly, because they ultimately aren't true- there is no denying what a situation is, what pain we feel. We can't run from ourselves. I find that a majority of attempts to control and change circumstances or others seem to ultimately come from a desire to "control ourselves", achieve a higher level of feeling of security, lessening of fears, so on. We in turn seem to project these innermost desires onto this external framework.
    In that sense, perhaps empathy can be heightened by increasing the love we have for ourselves first, achieving higher vulnerability, and realizing others seem to all be in this often times confusing merry go round we call life.

3. poeticblue

poeticblue Moderator

Bill and Convolution:

Y’all may just want to simply hit the reply button next time or use the multi quote function. If all else fails, you can type your responses in Microsoft Word and then copy and paste it here. :)

4. kim

kim Active Member

We have an eternity to learn empathy. When we leave this earth we live on a plane that suits the frequency of compassion we displayed when we lived here. It seems this is the best place to learn anything meaningful because everyone is different yet living in the same world or frequency. Jesus set a great example of loving others. I don't intend to sound religious, because I am not, but his example of love is what I try to emulate in my life.

5. Bill Z

Bill Z Well-Known Member

Hurting right now so I'll vent a little. It's been 582 days since the love of my life, my dearest friend went home. Each day brings me a day closer but my life here is already over for the most part. I've been blessed with family and acquaintances but my soulmate is no longer physically here. She helps me but I so very much am still a physical being and She is not. She has sent people and events and situations into my life to help ease the lack of Her physical presence but they all pale by comparison. Justin, like a brother to me, who has gone through so much also, Jacki the woman who held my hands and told me things are as they should be when things were really falling apart. Mike, Gene, Maribel, Marinela, Paula, S&C, Phil & Jan and so many others. We've all been through some crushing pain. The pain never subsides but we learn to live with it. Some have also hurt me deeply, Jim who called me brother but who's materialism far outweighed our brotherhood. Others, knowingly and unknowingly have hurt also. I have nothing against any of them, we are all working through this school called life until we finally graduate as my Love did.
    I will go on and in my love's honor try to do my best, to reach out to others , to fulfill what obligations I have. Right now I have an obligation to feed some wonderful, beautiful, loving people. Soon that will end and if I'm still here, maybe I'll go to Argentina to visit my Love's birthplace and wait for my return ticket back home.
    I slowly cut my ties to this life. I love so many people and being with them has been a joy but I am alone here.
    There is no death, that is a false idea but some days life seems so much worse than that false idea. Sorry to vent like this and I am blessed in that the pain I feel is proportional to the Love I have experienced from my sweet, precious soulmate.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2019
    SashaS likes this.