1. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.
    Dismiss Notice

THERE IS NO DEATH!

Discussion in 'General Afterlife Discussions' started by Bill Z, May 12, 2018.

1. bluebird

bluebird Well-Known Member

I ABSOLUTELY agree, 100%.

2. Maria

Maria Member

Thank you Mac and Bluebird for your replies. Since my recent bereavement I often feel irate about it all, and question the big mysterious plan. Perhaps I am viewing the situation from a mortal perspective at present, but when I transition, I hope I can join any ongoing campaigns over there, that have a mission to make communication easier between the deceased and grieving incarnates.

GoldDustWoman622 and pandora97 like this.
  3. bluebird

You are very welcome, Maria.

4. Bill Z

Bill Z Active Member

Hope this brings a little hope and maybe a little less sadness and grief. I feel Her sweet precious breath and loving tender touch every day but I remain in this physical shell so I weep every day but She is beyond me, She tries to tell me and connect but on my end the I continue to struggle to receive.

Do not stand at my grave and weep
    I am not there; I do not sleep.
    I am a thousand winds that blow,
    I am the diamond glints on snow,
    I am the sun on ripened grain,
    I am the gentle autumn rain.
    When you awaken in the morning's hush,
    I am the swift uplifting rush
    Of quiet birds in circled flight.
    I am the soft stars that shine at night.
    Do not stand at my grave and cry,
    I am not there; I did not die.
    mary elizabeth frye - 1932

5. mac

mac senior member Staff Member

I sometimes wonder if we seekers of understanding about life, death and beyond are looked on as a small group of odd-bods struggling to do something there's really no need to do while everyone else is getting on with their lives. Folk who believe a load of twaddle, crackpots who sit and hold hands in the dark led by an odd-looking woman who speaks in a funny voice asking "Is anybody there?" and then pretends to be in contacts with the spirits.....

I wonder, also, if 'on the other side' our spirit counterparts, individuals trying to reach through the veil to us, are seen similarly? A group of odd-bods struggling to do something there's really no need to do while everyone else is getting on with their lives in spirit.

Last edited: May 16, 2018
  6. Maria

Maria Member

32PYXTD

No doubt afterlife sceptics would deem consulting with a medium or any form of communication with the dead, to be both eccentric and futile. For those who suffer a bereavement however, (and hitherto had at least an agnostic belief in life after death), it is only natural that they may resort in desperation to mediums with the hope that they can contact their loved ones. After all, if someone just goes on holiday or emigrates to Australia, those left behind eagerly await news of their safe arrival or information regarding their activities in a foreign country. Death is no different yet very different. Someone you care for has left your environment and travelled to an unknown land, but there is no return from this excursion, or the receipt of post cards and telephone calls. Having read The Blue Island by WT Stead, it seems that upon arrival at their otherworld destination, spirits are equally eager to make contact with grieving relatives, and there are facilities in place to assist the newcomers with this. It is unlikely that spirits who witness discarnates attempting to communicate with mortals, would find this strange, (unlike the reversed situation), as they have holistic knowledge and experience. All I can say is roll on that wonderful day when the soul phone is finally invented, as communication between both worlds will become an accepted normality.

pandora97 likes this.
  7. mac

Agreed but maybe others too....

Such situations were never part of the suggestions I made earlier. And please don't forget that after 30 odd years at this stuff my persuasion hasn't wavered. ;)

The differences between the two are highly significant. Death is not as simple as a journey to even a far-distant land hence our emotions are somewhat different.

Naturally our spirit loved ones will want to welcome us ONCE they know we've arrived. But before then, and with the enhanced awareness/knowledge enjoyed by discarnates, perhaps they know there's little to be gained by trying to make contact any earlier. And maybe much to be lost....

Well I didn't say 'strange'. I just said struggling when there's no need.

That wonderful day IF a soul phone is ever perfected.... ;) I remain unpersuaded although I do accept that alternative ways of communication may become available. Perhaps not in my present lifetime though.

8. bluebird

What do you think might be lost if this sort of contact is made?

9. mac

What might be lost is/are the planned experience(s) of the remaining life for the one still incarnate.

10. bluebird

Ok, I see what you mean. I don't agree, but I do thank you for clarifying your point. ;)

11. SashaS

SashaS New Member

I think the grieving would be easer for us. If somebody goes to Australia we know for sure that he lives somewhere. But when somebody dies, for us, as humans, we have our doubts. The experience of loosing somebody so close and the pain you feel I never thought existed in this world. I can't compare with any physical pain.

GoldDustWoman622 and bluebird like this.
  12. mac

Yes if we knew for certain, and especially if we were able to continue communicating, then grieving would be different and quite likely somewhat easier. But it's arguable that the experience of bereavement - something experienced only in this dimension as far as we can ascertain - wouldn't have whatever value it presently has. Of course that's if you subscribe to it having any value in the first place.

13. SashaS

SashaS New Member

Anyway I wouldn't be against the soul phone ;)

14. mac

I don't think I'm hostile to the notion of such a device for personal communication but perhaps it would be like the curate's egg - good in parts. It's one of those things where anyone's guess is as good as anyone else's.

I'd love to be around to see folk's reactions if theory ever becomes practice. ;)

SashaS likes this.
  15. SashaS

SashaS New Member

I didn't intend you were against it. But with my view as incarnated I would like such device. Maybe in the afterlife I would change my mind ;)

16. mac

good points - We simply don't know how we will feel about things after we have passed over. We may have absolutely no interest in what happens back on earth and no interest in communicating with friends and family still living there. That doesn't mean we wouldn't care for them but only that we may just accept that separation is the normal way. And we will probably see earth matters from a completely different viewpoint.

SashaS likes this.
  17. SashaS

SashaS New Member

p.s.
    I remember I had some dreams with my husband. He called me from the "other side" three different nights. My heart was exploding! But the third time he wasn't able to hear me.
    Maybe from the "other side" our loved ones try too to reach us! :)

18. bluebird

That's how I feel, as well.

SashaS likes this.
  19. Monika

Monika Active Member

Hej♡ Soul phone sounds very intresting, modern and inovative :)
    But in my personal experience i can hardly see how it could help for me. Michel and I communicate and we still have a long long way to go to make our communication better and better. Soul phone would be a short cut. We would not need this hard work we are doing now. I could have not gained the knowledge i am getting on this way if i could have just picked a phone and asked him how he is and whats new whenever i want. For a long time we had a long distance relationship. It never comforted me to be far away from him even if we could speak on phone. Same now. Only if i could hear him on phone or other device would not eliminate feeling of missing him. Simply missing his physical presence right here and right now. I am still in human body and he is in spirit.
    This is just my personal opinion, please understand me. I would never be against such an invention as it really could help for lots of people because we all have very very different and never similar situations. Just one point is same - we lost someone we love.
    As for myself, now i would also try to use it. But i am happy that it still was not invented when Michel died and our adventure begin. It would have taken away from me very very much and maybe even something from him.

20. mac

Oh I don't doubt it and some us are receptive enough to pick up those communications at least at some times. What we don't know is how many try to reach us and/or for how long they try to reach us if they can't connect with us.

SashaS likes this.