1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

Therapdeutic NDE's

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussions' started by Poncho144, Dec 12, 2019.

1. In College Psych info about the NDE included stats on individual behavior changes post effects that found to be statistically positive. I always wondered, and this is way out there, why not have a program for violent inmates to volunteer for Behavior Modification.

2. mac

mac Staff Member

How does Behavior Modification relate to NDE? And who in their right mind would volunteer unless there were abundant evidence such therapy stood a good chance of being beneficial.

But most importantly, what is either to do with the afterlife?

3. Well, as I said, this is way out there but since people have there behavior altered from NDE's which is reported as positive therein lies a possibility of modifying Criminal responses in the environment. The program I'm sure would be really push'n the experimental envelope due to surmountable issues of not only efficacies but ethics just to name a couple. You could offer this procedure to Death Row inmates who are already preordained for execution as a way of trying a way of making amends for the horrendous crimes. Further, upon being successful the program may shift to other criminally charged non Death Row inmates.

4. mac

mac Staff Member

To repeat, what has any of that to do with afterlife issues?

5. I kinda thought it was relevant cause NDE's lend a glimpse of the death process. However, I have been wrong many many times before, Sir...

6. mac

mac Staff Member

It is the situation that an nde may give an insight into there being more than life only in this world. But a proposed prison program to modify the behavior of violent inmates doesn't relate to that.