1. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.
    Dismiss Notice

The Trinity

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussions' started by georgek, Jan 25, 2017.

1. georgek

georgek Member

I was corresponding with someone some time ago and he made a point about the word 'Trinity'

It is a recognised theory that we are actually consistent of many bodies.
    The bible makes reference to The Trinity which is in a different scale.

In adaptive thought, it has been said that animals in general have TWO bodies whilst humans have THREE

Humans

We consist of:-
    1) Soul
    2) Spirit
    3) Physical Body

Soul and Physical Body

The soul is meant to be the real you or the puppet controler. A god if you like? The soul has more than one physical body on earth where lessons are learnt by the physical which endures hardship.

Spirit
    Our spirit is that which is part of God. When we die, our spirit returns to God and passes on the lessons taht we have learnt. Animals in general do not have a spirit...only a soul. Although it can be argued that some animals do have spirits.
    The spirit is what makes an entity divine.
    If you think about it, this is the God, subconscious part of our make up which gives us emotions and a conscious?

So have I named these bodies correctly? I am not sure.

On top of all this, we have what is called The Etheric Body. This is just an electrical part of our makeup which usually dissipates after death.

I can see that I may have opened a wide area of discussion of what the person really consists off?
    Not meaning to 'tread on any toes', I leave this open for debate.

2. skfarblum

skfarblum Member

3. georgek

georgek Member

The thing what I find very important about this 'Trinity thing' is that a certain part of us belongs to the creator.
    This to me, is like a 'black box' (for want of a better word) that feeds the creator.

In retrospect, it us that takes more than we give, but this explains man's search for divinity.

There are many references in the bible for example....

Like "man has become like us knowing good from evil"

"ye are gods" and so on.
    We ARE gods because we contain part of God which later returns to him.

Whether we see our god as the Overself, or an entity with many puppets it is hard to understand.

I know films tend to be fiction, but this is an interesting clip. It would be interesting if anyone can explain this?

Last edited: Jan 25, 2017
  4. mac

mac host

5. skfarblum

skfarblum Member

Dear georgek,
    You seem to be a serious person and you deserve a serious response.
    There are certain aspects of what you wrote I do not understand.
    Such as "that a certain part of us belongs to the creator"
    and "We ARE gods because we contain part of God which later returns to him."
    Why do you think like this?Have you experienced this?

In the clip for me the blade runner is showing how separateness brings fear
    and this makes one a slave to this feeling(fear).
    He then saves this persons life by grasping his hand and lifting him up
    thus showing him love and compassion are stronger than fear, and separateness is
    an illusion or an interpretation of a mind of a reality.
    By saving this one human life,blade runner has redeemed himself and
    thus he is free to depart this reality and he is no longer a slave to some
    inner compulsion.

As an explanation.
    I follow a way which is not a way but a living from a personal knowing.
    I create my own myth and live it.
    You may be doing the same.
    Regards
    Stephen

6. skfarblum

skfarblum Member

Hi mac,
    Golden oldies

7. mac

mac host

the threads or us? ;)

8. skfarblum

skfarblum Member

[​IMG]
    Very good[​IMG]
    I like that.
    Probably both

9. georgek

georgek Member

Don't let that fool you;)

Indeed!
    Let me explain:-
    We contain the seed of God. Part of him, that allows us to develop. Of for example we compare the ape, this is an intelligent animal
    that is probably as intelligent as humans, but for one thing.
    The ape cannot pass on it's learning in the same way as humans. It learns and then it dies. Okay we can talk about evolvement and genetics, but this is behavour patterns only and do not allow the ape to develop by passing on it's ideas to other apes.

Humans are different and have what we call divinity and an implant from the creator. As we develop we search for our creator within ourselves. We feel him/it and want to join up. There is a saying that "All paths lead home"

Humans at one time had the ability of vision and this has been crudely put in the bible if you read Adam and Eve. We lost the gift because we misused it. The term 'crawling on thy belly' is a return to the earth.
    When we lost the gift, we became more separated and now we are spiritually blind.
    We are spiritually blind because we are unable to read others because of our cunning and cheating.
    For this reason, we have been separated from God, until we can learn within ourselves. UFOS improve the stock as this is the reason why they are interested in our reproductive organs. The abductions that we read about is based on cross breeding with their own kind. It is hoped that mankind will develop within themselves?

Yes..we all have. This is what separates us from animals. At some time we have all questioned who we are and what we are doing here? We say:- "Is that it...there must be more?"
    When we hold out our hand for our brother, this is the God factor. Sometimes people look for their god and are willing to die for him. Where is the sense in that, other than how they must feel? This does not mean that their vision of God is the correct one, merely that they believe it to be so, because they are looking for the creator.

Blade Runner

Think of this:-

Rutger Hauer had been created as an android. Throughout his existence he had found many things and been to different galaxies far beyond than any human, as his knowledge and experience was vast.

He had learnt so much, that he feared for his immortality, knowing that he had been created with a flaw. A HUMAN flaw.

Throughout his learning he had found God and realised the great existence of life and it's purpose. Despite all this, he HAD NO SOUL and could not return to him.

Towards the end, he grabbed Harrison Ford's hand to save him from falling and realised that this was an attribute of God. No person had ever taught him that except the creator.

There was no real purpose left in Rutger Hauer's existence...yet he did something beyond ROBOTIC logic by saving a human. Who taught him that?

He gasps hold of a dove because he wanted a soul and held it gently and lovingly.
    Then he dies and lets go of the dove.
    The dove flies heavenward to replicate the soul/spirit that he never had.

The final 'sting' is the last passage as Harrison Ford is told about a man's work.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2017
  10. skfarblum

skfarblum Member

Very interesting.Thank you for your explanations.
    It throws light on where you are coming from and your beliefs.
    I always appreciate the views of others.
    So one learns.
    I did not know the blade runner story so I
    made up my own.Your interpretation makes good sense and is quite
    intriguing.As this whole conversation has been.

Kind regards
    Stephen

11. georgek

georgek Member

Thanks Stephen

Just my thoughts

Another interesting film is Excalibur. The writer wants to to tell a deeper story .

12. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

Everyone, please! Most of what you are talking about here is religion-based personal speculation. And this forum is a religion-free zone! I am going to move this to public off-topic, and I ask that even there you try to avoid talking religious ideas. There are many places on the Internet where you can do that!

In point of fact:

1) The trinity concept was in vogue in the fourth century, and was codified for Christianity in 325 by the Council of Nicaea. It doesn't come from Jesus. It doesn't seem to come from Paul, either, but rather all Biblical references to it seem to have been added by Nicaea.

2) The evidence indicates that our minds are part of eternal Mind, and our minds establish nested energy bodies. These attach to our physical body during our lives by means of what the Bible calls a "silver cord" - which is a pretty good description. At death, the cord simply breaks and our minds move to a higher-vibration reality that exists right here.

3) So, in short, the Trinity notion is of man. It doesn't describe anything real.

13. georgek

georgek Member

Hold on a minute.......

They are not bible bashing or condemning. These are just public expressions developed into our vocabulary.
    Every expression you take either comes from some form of religion in order to express the afterlife.
    90% here is adapted from Buddhism. Like Etheric, Astral and reincarnation.

You are the one condemning.

This has to be laughable...as I am sorry but I cannot take you seriously. How the heck do you come up with that! What evidence? I believe that...and so do you...but there IS NO evidence. Otherwise you would be a millionaire and have beaten James Randi.

Forums should be available to anyone irrespective of beliefs.

What would you do if an agnostic came along?
    Kick them up the butt because they do not describe something real?

Real to you but not to them.
    There are a heck of lot of people out there who do not endorse YOUR facts
    The whole subject is a farce because -----sorry to say this....but no one has come back based on your 'real'

Perhaps it is YOU who is thumping the message home and not allowing others to voice their opinions.

I die a happy man with my tongue in my mouth

Last edited: Jan 26, 2017
  14. mac

mac host

quote "Forums should be available to anyone irrespective of beliefs."

We enjoy the privilege of expressing ourselves on this website's forums, always subject to the rules we subscribe to when registering. We have no rights here.

If that's not acceptable then other websites are available....

15. georgek

georgek Member

I could see that mac, when I first wrote to you.
    This was why I said I could not understand you. Now I KNOW why.

There is a good book called 1984 by George Orwell. I suggest you read it.

what you have?

It expresses things like this, and at the time people said it could never happen. It has!

16. mac

mac host

As an accomplished sensitive and psychic I would have expected nothing less from you.

This is indeed a terrible world in which we live. But plenty more places to express opinions so best not become too despondent yet, eh?

17. georgek

georgek Member

Well that is it mac.
    I can read.
    With all due respect, you seem robotic at times.
    If the world blew up tomorrow you would just accept it.

I would not.
    It is the difference to being a simple soul and a complicated one.
    Perhaps your way is right?

I wish I can be philosophical like that at times?

I am not saying that you are wrong...

18. georgek

georgek Member

Hi mac
    I am also a UFO contactee.
    UFOS talk to me as I have been conditioned by them from young.

Nice to talk to you...even if we do differ on personalities

A bit of a compliment here.....you are about the closest to the truth as I have ever found in a person. Pity I feel that it does not come from the heart.

:)

19. mac

mac host

Maybe you're confusing detached observation with being robotic? I am a simple soul but not simple-minded. Maintaining focus on one issue at a time is a prerequisite for my addressing matters of the spirit. Emotion is not generally a part of my addressing them.

I'm not suggesting others should do as I do, only making a point that online discussion/debate is hard enough without the loss of focus that can occur when emotions enter the picture.

I acknowledge that some, perhaps many, sensitives are unlikely to be able to address matters in a similar way nor should they try if it's not right for them. I also know, however, that some sensitives CAN AND DO approach spiritual issues in a very similar way to myself.

I find that reassuring because most of my time I'm a lone voice speaking the way I do. :( Maybe we each have our own cross to bear?

Last edited: Jan 27, 2017
  20. mac

mac host

I'm always concerned about conditioning. Guidance, help and support is often beneficial but conditioning may be altogether less positive. If asked I would always advocate caution about listening to or heeding words that appear to be only for a specific individual. I'm not saying ignore guidance only be aware that it may not have the value you might assume it to have.

I accept your observation as the compliment I hope you really intended. It may mean I'm on the right track; I hope so. How you feel about my words, whether they come from my heart, I must put to one side if I am to maintain objective detachment and the focus I strive to achieve.

In terms of truth I hope my personal efforts help me convey what little I may know about it or that I'm being guided towards achieving that outcome. I'm unsure which would be my preference if I were given a choice.