1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

The Real Reason People Blame God

Discussion in 'Spiritual Growth & Development' started by janef, Jun 14, 2014.

1. janef

janef Moderator

I am sure you are right with that attitude. Which proves you will create that in your life. I am not saying people can fulfill every want and need by wishing for it. Yeah.. we would all be millionaires. Of course there is the story of Jim Carey, the comedian who was raised homeless, and wrote himself a check for a million dollars with a date on it... and it came true for him. A person must sincerely want it and believe it. Plus take steps to make it happen. Of course It must be in his best interest and for his well being....cant be greedy or ego driven. I didn't just make this up myself today. (but I have had evidence that it works) I think its pretty well known there is something to it. There is a book called E-Squared with scientific experiments.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2014
  2. ilovelearninhg

ilovelearninhg Regular Contributor

I think the reason a lot of people's wishes and hopes don't come true is because they simply don't BELIEVE it will happen. Also you have to do the work to make it happen-a lot of spiritual work too. You can't just wish for something and wait for it to happen. You must do the work to help make it happen. And that means working toward it when you really don't feel like it, but you must. Tiny tiny steps are all it takes.

3. janef

janef Moderator

I really believe there is a powerful Spiritual Force around us that we can use. I know of miracles that have happened. My Grandmother who passed many years ago told me of 2 miracles she had in her life...and said you just need to believe. She had Diabetes and had an infected leg with Gangrene, doctors said she needed her leg amputated. She said she prayed to God and said NO she would not, but if God wanted her to live than his power needed to heal it, or if he wanted her to die, than so be it. It healed on its own, doctors could not believe it!

I have had several miracles myself. One was a money miracle that blew me away. I had lost 30k on my house in a sale since I bought it and wanted to sell it anyway and move. I said I Know I will make it up later. Less than 3 months later I was offered a deal for 30k!!! out of the blue.....I was speechless. Call it a coincidence....but 30k??? exactly. I felt nudged to make this move as well......

4. So...all your wishes and hopes have come true?

5. Carol and Mikey

Carol and Mikey Golden Hearts

For me, positive ways brings positive things. It draws positive people my way as well. And it makes me feel good! Negativity brews negativity, and it draws negative ways. This makes me feel ill.
    When I walk into a patient's room at the hospital, if a give a big smile and talk upbeat to them, it is amazing how positive their response is to me versus walking in , not smiling, and being a downer. Makes a huge difference with their progress in therapy. There is a good energy, a healing energy, in positive ways with how we handle things. And this is true in many aspects of our life. BUT it is a choice! Can we make that choice?! For me, it takes more work to be negative than it is to be positive. Why be negative? There is absolutely no benefit for anyone or anything.
    Carol

6. bluebird

bluebird Major Contributor

I just disagree. I PRAYED for my husband to live, to be ok. It was the entire focus of my being, once I was told he had collapsed. I thought of nothing else. But it didn't work, it didn't happen.

As I said, I do think there's something to the whole positivity thing you mentioned, when it comes to lesser things. But basically it's just "The Secret", repackaged, and that book is a load of bunk (in my opinion, of course), especially when it comes to major life crap.

7. bluebird

I get that being positive makes you feel good -- that makes sense, and I have no problem with that. And I can understand how you being upbeat when visiting patients helps them feel better.

But it is NOT always a "choice". I CANNOT be "positive" or "upbeat" about my husband dying, or about not knowing if his soul still exists and if we will be together again, or about my financial situation, or about the fact that I will never have kids, or about the fact that I will never own a home, etc. What sane person could or would be "positive" about any of that?

I understand that for you it takes more work to be negative than to be positive. That's fine, I respect that. However, the same is not true for me. Being negative and upset and devastated is the only way for me to be that makes any sense to me. If I try to "act positive", generally in order to make my family feel better, it is actually painful to me, as well as hypocritical of me, because it is a lie. As I said before (earlier in this thread? I think), I am not trying to benefit anyone, I simply am as I am.

8. janef

janef Moderator

I have been wishing for "a Hole in One" for years and haven't got one yet!!! Lol....

btw... I do agree that no matter what we do, some things are going to happen, and it is our job/lesson to deal with it.

9. janef

janef Moderator

I disagree... My husband used it with amazing success, and another friend had success as an author with getting her book published!

bluebird.... Sadly, Some things are just meant to be and there is nothing we can do but accept it. My cousin had a similar experience as yours, her husband passed unexpectedly, and she is finally able to move forward after 2 years of therapy.

10. bluebird

janef,

I don't know what your husband tried using positive thinking for, but as far as your friend -- getting a book published, while definitely an accomplishment, is one of those smaller life things i said i could see positive thinking maybe working on, largely because thinking positively would improve how she came across to publishers and such, just because her mood and outlook would be better. But for major stuff like serious illness and death, it clearly doesn't always work.

As far as my husband's death, i will NEVER accept it. It was NOT "meant to be". It's good your cousin is feeling better, i suppose, if that is what she wants. That is not an option for me, it is not possible.