1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

THE PRECIOUSNESS OF LIFE

Discussion in 'Spiritual Growth & Development' started by Bill Z, Aug 8, 2019.

1. Bill Z

Bill Z Established Member

Because for right now I'm retired again I spend a lot of time in a local coffee shop where almost everyone rants and raves about current events. I just sit quietly. But what can we really do about it? Probably nothing.
    I found a tiny sparrow today who was dying and I picked her up and tried to help her. I dripped water into her sweet little mouth and she took some. Her little tongue was so beautiful as she lapped at the water. I held her gently against my heart and kissed her precious little head and stroked her belly. but she transitioned and became limp in my hand. I so remember my little man Larry, my cockatiel transition in the same way as I held him. I took her home and buried her with a rose quartz crystal and some basil and rosemary and prayed for her safe transition.
    I wonder how we can inflict so much harm on fellow humans when this tiny bird's life held such meaning for me.
    I helped this beautiful little creature go back home and kissed her goodbye. I so do not fit in here. I felt so much closer to this little angelic creature than I do with most of humanity.

summer826, jobun, bluebird and 2 others like this.
  2. bluebird

bluebird Major Contributor

That's lovely, Bill. She was not alone, she felt your caring.

Bill Z likes this.