1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

The Lord's Christianity

Discussion in 'Roberta's Blog Posts' started by RobertaGrimes, Feb 19, 2019.

1. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

Posted by Roberta Grimes • November 24, 2018 • 26 Comments

Those that we used to think were dead tell us that achieving more rapid spiritual growth is the reason why we are born to live brief lives in this spiritual gym. They also tell us that Jesus is genuine, and they confirm that He told us the truth about God, reality, death, the afterlife, and the meaning and purpose of human life almost two thousand years before we could have received this wisdom in any other way. For my own part, I can confirm that the Gospel teachings of Jesus are the simplest and most effective short-course in rapid spiritual growth that exists! When those teachings are seriously applied, they can be effective in only months.

Another thing the dead are telling us is that the level of consciousness vibration on this planet has fallen so far away from love and toward fear that a concerted effort is now being made by beings at the highest levels – including of course the Lord Himself – to elevate us away from fear and toward love just as rapidly as possible. Historical hindsight may eventually suggest that our now being able to confirm the truth of the genuine Gospel teachings of Jesus is a literal miracle that has occurred at almost the eleventh hour.

The fear-based religion that claims to be based in Jesus has nothing to do with Jesus. This is obvious to anyone who looks at the religion’s dogmas and then reads the Lord’s canonical Gospels with even a half-open mind! And especially now that the dead are abundantly confirming that Jesus is genuine, it seems to be extremely important that we give the Lord a second chance to enlighten and uplift the world. Jesus never meant to start what we now call Christianity. And nothing that Christians are taught is true.

So if Jesus didn’t come to start a religion, and He certainly didn’t come to die for our sins, then why on earth did He come at all? Jesus plainly tells us that He came to teach us to relate to God on our own. His words are so clear that even as a devoutly Christian child I came to suspect this might be true. It is no wonder that Christian leaders forbade the reading of the words of Jesus by laypeople for more than a thousand years, and the first translation of those books into English was not done until the 16th century!

The Lord told us that He came from God, and He said that the words that He spoke were from God. The Gospel of John is the most spiritual of the four canonical Gospels, and there He says, “Do you not believe that I am in the Father, and the Father is in Me? The words that I say to you I do not speak on My own initiative, but the Father abiding in Me does His works. Believe Me that I am in the Father and the Father is in Me; otherwise believe because of the works themselves”(JN 14:10-11). “For I did not speak on My own initiative, but the Father Himself who sent Me has given Me a commandment as to what to say and what to speak” (JN 12:49). Those that we used to think were dead confirm that Jesus is from the highest aspect of the Godhead, so elevated that God could “look through His eyes” and relate directly to those living on earth. Our own amazing confirmation of the divinity of the eternal Christ is that He knew and said things two thousand years ago that we are able to confirm only now! Please pause for a moment and savor that fact.

Jesus came to us as God on earth in an effort to free us from all religions, to teach us to relate to God on our own, and to teach us how to elevate ourselves spiritually to the point where we can bring the kingdom of God on earth.

Toward the end of His earthly life, Jesus gave His disciples what is called the Great Commission, sending them out to share His Gospel teachings with the world. He said, “All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations… teaching them to observe all that I commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age” (MT 28:18-20). But this extraordinary movement that Jesus founded to begin the process of effecting the rapid spiritual growth of all humanity soon was turned into a fear-based religion that all but ignores the Gospel teachings and treats Jesus as just a blood-sacrifice to an imaginary God that needs a blood-sacrifice. Similarly, every subsequent effort made through willing people on earth by love-based beings not now in bodies to further the work of God on earth was foiled by the very religion that had co-opted and defiled the Lord’s mission. But we are told now that a fresh effort is being made by those at the highest levels to reintroduce the Lord’s Gospel revelation!

Their effort begins with the withering of the false religion that otherwise would continue to stand in the way of our sharing of the Lord’s Gospel truths. You and I are not alone in throwing off the husk of a moribund religion; in fact, many Americans now freely say that as they move farther away from Christianity they are becoming ever more spiritual. The field of our hearts is being cleared for fresh seeding. And gloriously, as this post-religious but more spiritual world finds its footing in the West, we can begin to speculate about how much better our lives and the world are going to be once everyone knows these perfect truths!

The Lord has been calling us all along to look behind false religious dogmas and seek His perfect eternal truths. He says things like, “Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened” (MT 7:7-8).“If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples. Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free” (JN 8:31-32).

The more you study the Gospel words, the more you will become convinced that Jesus actively despises religions! He says in frustration, “Why do you call me ‘Lord, Lord,’ and do not do what I say?” (LK 6:46). And, “Why do you transgress the commandment of God for the sake of your tradition?… You hypocrites! Rightly did Isaiah prophesy of you: ‘This people honors me with their lips, but their hearts are far away from me. But in vain do they worship me, teaching as doctrines the precepts of men’” (MT 15:3-9). “Truly I say to you that the tax collectors and prostitutes will get into the kingdom of God before you!” (MT 21:31) “I say to you that many will come from east and west, and recline at the table with Abraham, Isaac and Jacob in the kingdom of heaven; but the sons of the kingdom will be cast out into the outer darkness; in that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth” (MT 8:11-12).

Jesus especially urges us to keep religions from interposing themselves between us andthe only God. He says, “When you pray, you are not to be like the hypocrites; for they love to stand and pray in the synagogues and on the street corners so that they may be seen by men. Truly I say to you, they have their reward in full. But you, when you pray, go into your inner room, close your door and pray to your Father who is in secret, and your Father who sees what is done in secret will reward you” (MT 6:1-6). How is it even possible that for two thousand years religious people have been claiming they were following Jesus, but then they would read His Gospel words and altogether ignore them?

And here is an amazing piece of scripture that never made sense to me until now. Jesus foresaw false Christianity’s rejection of Him, and He foresaw as well the genuine Christian movement that eventually would take its place! He said, “Did you never read in the Scriptures, ‘The Stone which the builders rejected thus became the chief corner stone; this came about from the Lord, and it is marvelous in our eyes’? Therefore I say to you, the kingdom of God will be taken away from you and given to a people producing the fruit of it” (MT 21:42-43). He was quoting Psalm 118:22-23, which was written by David three thousand years ago. There is no objective time in eternity. Was the rise and fall of false Christianity and the flowering at last in the twenty-first century of the Lord’s eternal Gospel truths foreseen by David even so long ago?

The altogether secular movement that Jesus came to earth to begin is the only true Christianity. Rather than the bloody, fear-based religion that even today hides His teachings from the world, for millennia humankind could have enjoyed a flowering on the earth of forgiveness and love, an ever closer walk with one another, an intimate union with the only true God, and worldwide spiritual growth as a species that could have made it possible for us by now to be looking back on centuries of peace and reveling in a twenty-first century in which the kingdom of God overspreads the earth. But God will not be mocked. The Lord’s truth will win. As that false religion shrivels and dies, at last we can begin the Lord’s great work of elevating and transforming all of humankind!

2. Hazada Guess

Hazada Guess New Member

Here here.

3. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

Wow, dear friend, thank you for that!

4. Hazada Guess

Hazada Guess New Member

It's ok,I look up to you for constructing this website.Though I don't post much now,I always read the messages and look forward to your replies.