1. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.
    Dismiss Notice

The Irrefutable Proof Question

Discussion in 'After-Death Communication' started by AmbraADC, Jan 1, 2017.

Tags:
  1. AmbraADC

AmbraADC Banned

When I first came to this forum, I just needed to share what I was going through. I never thought I would find people who are struggling with what they believe. I guess I thought I'd just run into people who have experienced similar things to me, and perhaps have figured it all out.

My original question was can a spirit be with you every day? And in hindsight, I knew the answer to that question, before I asked. I was just feeling somewhat overwhelmed by my daily experiences, and needed to share my story with someone.

I've read posts on here by some people who have had experiences, but still aren't convinced that they're real. For sure, there is no irrefutable truth. In the 35 years total that I've had experiences, I still struggle with is it all real?

I have had a handful of experiences in those 35 years where I was given information about my life, that I could verify with real events. That certainly has helped. I have read books and had the reaction that the experiences in them sound ridiculous, until I realize I've had similar experiences!

All I can say is that the books will comfort you, and help you get through each day with your experiences, or your questions, until it's your turn to die and find out for yourself ... and then perhaps be a spirit who is frustrated because they cannot contact their loved ones as well as they'd like.

Every day since Feb. 27/16, my beloved L has made at least one appearance to me per day, or kissed me on the lips out of nowhere, or had sex with me in an amazing amount of creative ways. He has comforted me when I'm upset in ways that I could have never anticipated. And yet sometimes I still pray to God and tell him that I hope L is not a fake or an evil spirit, and I hope that God approves of L being with me. And then I go back to being thankful that I have the love and joy that L brings me.

L has gotten somewhat creative in helping me to believe in him. Like when he was here day after day and I started to become complacent, he disappeared for a bit, so that I could compare and contrast my experiences. Recently, he foreshadowed a future event, and I was left amazed and how he did that.

I wish I could give you all irrefutable proof, and I wish I could have irrefutable proof too. But it's not going to happen. So with faith I stay. I have faith in God, faith in L, faith that tomorrow will be okay, faith that my transition to the afterlife will be okay. Faith is all we have about many subjects. Faith is all there is.

Ambra

2. mac

mac ALF member Staff Member

Do you believe that lessons alone can turn one into a medium?

3. mac

Hello Ambra

It's impossible to prove but if lessons led to an individual becoming a medium who could reasonably say that the attribute wasn't there already, latent in that individual?

My question to Julie, the one that appears to have prompted her withdrawal from these discussion boards, leave me wondering why. For someone offering to teach/lead/coach others I find it an odd situation that she'd choose not to answer what I'd asked. One might wonder what the purpose of her visiting this website was.

Two statements then. Is it that you don't believe it could happen or is it because you choose not to allow or try it? Clearly no-one could help you learn to become a medium if you refused that help but that's not the same as your believing you couldn't learn.

What do you believe / what have you been taught that a medium is or does? Is it a negative thing (in your eyes) to display mediumistic attributes? Is your god a loving god? Would that loving god stop loving you if you were trying to help others?

Is your god a loving god? If so, why would that god condemn or criticise you unless you had used your attributes in a negative way?

4. mac

That answer had a lot of words but I don't know if they replied to what I'd asked.....

5. AmbraADC

AmbraADC Banned

Yes I replied in detail. Please read carefully :)

6. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

AmbraADC, again I must ask you to help us keep this forum entirely religion-free. You have plenty of places on the Internet where you can discuss whatever it is that you believe, and since there is no religion - Christianity especially included - that is consistent with what the afterlife evidence now indicates to be true, we don't want to confuse readers who have come here seeking the evidential truth without a religious taint.

In particular, we want to remind people that in fact the Bible does not indicate that consulting spirits is wrong! For example:

"Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world." (1 JN 4:1) This grounding and protection and testing of communicating spirits is in fact essential! But even the Christian Bible assumes that we will be communicating with those that we used to think were dead, and it's the craven clergy who have made up the notion that God doesn't like it, in order to instill fear in their flocks. Which is despicable.

7. AmbraADC

AmbraADC Banned

Thank you for not making me feel welcome. I will leave.

8. AmbraADC

AmbraADC Banned

Saying a few words about Christianity is hardly promoting religion. Get the stick out of your ass!

9. AmbraADC

AmbraADC Banned

Please delete the rest of my posts and my account, since the delete function is gone on some of my posts. You should say at the top of the forum in big letters that views which oppose that of the forum owner, Roberta Grimes, are not welcome. That should keep most people out !!!

I guess you think you're god with your views or something, get over it !!!

10. mac

I always try to read carefully but I'm not in the business of reading screeds. KISS is my maxim - Keep It Simple Sweetie. I appreciate others who subscribe to the same maxim.

11. AmbraADC

AmbraADC Banned

And for the record Roberta, I read all 3 of your books, and disagreed with all 3 of them. Anyone who throws the rest of the Bible away, and keeps just Christ, is WRONG, plain and simple. Yet I stayed for awhile and tried to tolerate your wrong views. I don't care how many years you've been doing this, you are not any kind of authoritative voice on these matters. People have their own views, and always will. Get the HELL OVER YOURSELF !!!

12. mac

oops! Someone becoming tetchy?

13. mac

For balance, assuming you're still around to read this, Ambra, Roberta and I often don't see eye-to-eye yet I'm still here and still presenting my alternative approach to many matters.

I don't plug my own religion and agree with Roberta that others shouldn't plug theirs. That doesn't stop you presenting your view, of course.

14. RobertaGrimes

FIRST WARNING.

If you do not immediately stop attacking those who disagree with your personal religious views, you will be banned. If you feel that you must attack others, then you might spare all of us any further unpleasantness and simply leave.

15. AmbraADC

AmbraADC Banned

Did you not read above where I said to delete all my posts and my account? PLEASE BAN ME. It would be an honor to be banned from a lunatic assylum run by a heretic !!!

16. mac

If you can't abide by the rules you signed up to when you joined as a member then you need to go away to learn self-control. For now you should consider just walking away until you have. :rolleyes:

17. AmbraADC

AmbraADC Banned

I can control myself just fine. PLEASE DELETE MY ACCOUNT AND ALL MY POSTS. I will not participate in a forum where my views are not welcome.

18. AmbraADC

AmbraADC Banned

As I wrote above, I do not agree with Roberta Grimes books, and that is not going to change. And I am not going to edit my beliefs, because it could offend Roberta Grimes, who is a self-appointed authority on a subject that has no irrefutable proof and has many view points written about it. That also will never happen.

Therefore, REMOVE MY ACCOUNT AND ALL MY POSTS !!!

19. RobertaGrimes

Your views are very welcome here! But your (a) attacking other members for expressing their own views and (b) repeatedly preaching your religious beliefs to others is disrespectful and therefore against this forum's rules. If you can't resist, then sadly I must agree that this website probably is not a good fit for you. But everyone here wishes you well!

20. RobertaGrimes

And Jesus wept.