1. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.
    Dismiss Notice

The Exceptions

Discussion in 'General Afterlife Discussions' started by We_will_live_on, Nov 2, 2011.

1. We_will_live_on

We_will_live_on New Member

So, if indeed we can do anything we can do anything in The Summerland, is their anything we cannot do ? Are their any things we aren't allowed to do, like, mess with time (Just an example, though can we go and play about back on Earth. or are we bound to The Summerland until our next reincarnation?)

Thanks in advance.

Erick,

2. Gypsyblue

Gypsyblue New Member

You cannot listen to Heavy Metal music. Just kidding...maybe you can, although I wouldn't want to listen to it under any circumstances. But then again, I wouldn't want to listen to Laurence Welk, Bread, or harp music either. LOL!

3. Andrew

Andrew Guest

Hi! You can listen to any type of music you want, but they don't seem to have recorded music in the Summerland. Instead, they we can listen to the live person perform whenever we want to. Isn't that so much better? And, when we see them perform, everyone has the perfect seat!

We can watch, or experience, any event or time in the history of the physical universe, but we cannot affect these events. It appears that we can do whatever we want, expect when it defies other people's free will - so we cannot directly affect earth. What we can do is send hints and messages of our survival to living people we whom we have have a bond of love (so not just any old person). But we cannot "mess with time".

4. Carol and Mikey

Carol and Mikey Golden Hearts

Mikey says we must never be hurtful or mean in the Summerlands. Our actions need to always be kind and loving.
    Everything in the Summerlands is good. We are never to influence another soul negatively. We are never to change or influence (alter) a soul's plan. Otherwise, enjoy yourself! Mikey knows it's awesome!
    Carol and Mikey "in Spirit"

5. We_will_live_on

We_will_live_on New Member

Thanks everyone, and thank you for the insight, let Mikey know it was very helpful !

6. knight1985

knight1985 New Member

Last night, i sat up thinking....i was sober btw, i am sober nowadays. Ok what i was thinking was...i believe my "learning" for this life is over, ive seen sorrow, ive effed up in the past, learnt where i did eff up, i have seen joy, i have felt love, not sex, but im not too fussed about it. i believe i have been a good human being over all. i dont think i have anything much to learn now, cept to live in fear of death, or watch my parents pass, which i dont think il be able to bear...im not talking suicide here, im just...done with everything.

7. Half of Us

Half of Us New Member

Knight, I really think you need to expand your universe if you believe your learning is over in this life. I say this with a smile on my face as I remember the feeling of having "done it all" early in my life. You are not yet aware of all the other things you need to experience. You are showing such curiousity in the spiritual right now. Surely, you have not discovered all the answers already. You will also be surprised at what you can bear.

Please try to change the attitude of being "done with everything". Like showing up for your first day of work, you are just beginning.

PS - Good job on staying sober.

8. Birki

Birki Member

Knight, I agree with Half of Us. Speaking academically and not about afterlife, I thought I knew so much in high school, and early college, by the time I graduated from college I realized there was a lot I didn't know. By the time I finished grad school I KNEW how much I didn't know!!! Learning more about life, the afterlife and the true nature of reality should help expand your horizons and realize how much you(we) don't know. I assure you there is still plenty for you, and all of us, to learn. A favorite quote of mine from Abraham (a group of evolved beings channeled by Esther Hicks): "You can never get it wrong and you can never get it done"!

ETA: Knight, please take a look at the right side of this page and see if it speaks to you. I have a feeling it will: http://www.abraham-hicks.com/lawofattractionsource/about_hicks.php

Last edited: Nov 3, 2011
  9. Annie

Annie Member

I agree with Half and Birki. You just have to put yourself out there. I think stagnation can lead to depression, the feeling that you are not learning and growing, even though you want to. Try something different, do something that scares you, go where your gut takes you because you just never know what you're going to find. Life changes when you least expect it.

10. Andrew

Andrew Guest

Hi Knight! I have to agree with everyone else here - your learning is far from over on earth. We will continue learning and benefiting from the earth until the very day we die. I am sure that you are a wonderful person, but that doesn't mean that there are no more opportunities for you to learn - you'll be surprised what your guides will throw at you! Focus on achieving earthly peace, perhaps. Try to find something you enjoy on earth, and do it, rather than just depressing yourself by thinking about everything that isn't perfect here. Do you know what I mean?

I'm glad you're making an effort to stay sober - you're certainly making progress! :)