1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

the difference between near death and obe

Discussion in 'NDE The near-death-experience forum' started by Storybud68, Jun 13, 2018.

1. Storybud68

Storybud68 Active Member

I'm thinking are they both the same thing,and also are they really anythin g to do with the after life.scienctists say they can create both experiences .

2. mac

mac senior member Staff Member

A near death experience may lead to an out-of-body-experience but an OBE doesn't have to be preceded by NDE. Neither is directly to do with afterlife matters but may lead experiencers on to their learning more about survival and life eternal.

It's up to you whether you take notice of what scientists say - I have no wish to persuade you in the matter.

3. Storybud68

Storybud68 Active Member

ok cheers mac I'm very over logical sometimes as I hope to come across irrefutable proof

4. mac

I don't know if there is any such thing as "irrefutable proof" in the way one may find a proof of a scientific or mathematical principle. Those of us totally persuaded about survival and life-eternal tend to speak of 'overwhelming evidence' of those situations rather than proof.

You may face a fruitless task seeking something that could be accepted universally as proof.....

5. bluebird

bluebird Well-Known Member

If only there were some irrefutable proof! Believe me, I wish there were....since there is not, each person really just has to determine for her/himself what constitutes sufficient proof.

6. Storybud68

Storybud68 Active Member

That is very true although some of the people who have an nde say they don't need to believe because they say they just know it's there.

7. mac

Yes that's something I, too have heard reported.

It seems that a near-death experience can be so intense, the memories brought back so other-worldly and vivid, the individuals encountered so remarkable, that NDExperiencers can immediately be transformed from agnostic or cynic/skeptic to being totally persuaded.

What a shame, though, that more folk can't find similar reassurance from other, non life-threatening, experiences.

8. Storybud68

Storybud68 Active Member

That is very true mac.for me I'm 99 per cent believer but 1 per cent just doubts it's there ,still I'm happy enough with that mind set.

9. mac

You're pretty much persuaded, it seems to me.... ;)