1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

The “moving on” syndrome again.

Discussion in 'Afterlife Evidence' started by Maria, Jun 9, 2018.

1. Maria

Maria Member

Monika, thank you for your beautiful and kind sentiments. Perhaps spirit resonates better with some mediums more than others it is all just such an enigma. From reading your posts I have often thought that you are very psychic. I have also considered using your method of communicating with Michael through a pendulum and letters, but I am worried that it might open a portal to some dark entity and I do not know how to apply protection beforehand or “close it” afterwards. Your analogy to childhood innocence and wonder reminded me of this quotation by the painter Picasso “It took me four years to paint like Raphael, but a lifetime to paint like a child”. Children are also very close to spirit which is why they frequently see things that adults cannot. I hope that someday maybe Peter will speak though another, and convey a spontaneous message like your experience, (fingers crossed), he might even do it through you. I will take your advice in adopting a childlike openness. I think that due to the pain of my present grief there may be a sort of cloudy aura around me that is preventing any chance of being perceptive to spirit communication. I do send loving thoughts every day to Peter, and this includes through prayer, and when I next feel extreme sadness again, I will remember your affirmation that soulmates never leave. Thank you again Monika!

2. ravensgate

ravensgate Active Member

Mac, every post where you mention your son's death affects me in a way others' (meaning posts from other members) do not. I sense it affected you greatly and, in a way, continues to reverberate to this day. For some unknown reason, when I read about your loss, I feel sad, yet I know next to nothing about his death, next to nothing about you, so I really cannot explain why it moves me so, but it certainly does. There is a sadness in the words you type and that I read... it really is quite odd why it hits me that way :confused:
    I hope he will be there to greet you, show you the "ropes" of what it's like adapting to the afterlife when your time on this planet comes to an end. My apologies if I crossed any line, mac.

3. ravensgate

ravensgate Active Member

Maria, I'm sure you know I cannot be your therapist, but feel free to contact me via pm. Sometimes, talking with perfect strangers can help! :)

4. mac

mac regular contributor Staff Member

You have absolutely not crossed any line, raven, but thanks for thinking about me.

When I tell my story - something I do only when there's a context for it - I, too, feel sad. BUT that sadness is in a compartment of my life and all around it my life goes on and is full and enjoyable - and I'm thankful it is. I won't try to make things fit in respect of matters spiritual but even I can sense there may have been a reason for his death other than mischance. I'll get to find out after I kick off my clogs for the last time although unconsciously I may already know! ;)

Our son's unexpected death greatly impacted the both of us. Thirty odd years on and I'm doing this stuff whereas my wife is less sure about the situation - even though she is the one who had had more direct evidence of his continued survival. It's odd how things can turn out so very differently but we're different individuals. And I'm his father and his mother feels things differently - so perhaps it's not odd at all. We both have a sense of his loss but I'm certain he's not lost forever 'though my wife is less sure.

I confidently expect him to be around at my passing and at my wife's but my feeling is that I'll not need to be shown the ropes because that transition already feels familiar deep inside. Thank you again for thinking of me and about me. :)

GoldDustWoman622 and ravensgate like this.
  5. mac

mac regular contributor Staff Member

Thank you for your thoughts, Maria.

It's right that some people are insensitive, some uncaring, but others say what they genuinely hope/expect may help. Of course it may not come over that way at the time. What happened for me has resulted in my not being in any of those categories or at least I hope that's the case. What I am certain about is that my way is not the only way and that my way may not be right for the majority. I wouldn't try to persuade anyone and I consider that each of us needs to look for a way that's 'right' for us individually.

Others' experiences and approaches may help an individual find her/his own best way. It's a blessing when one of them does help but it's far from certain any of them will.