1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

The “moving on” syndrome again.

Discussion in 'Afterlife Evidence' started by Maria, Jun 9, 2018.

1. jimrich

jimrich Active Member

Maria, I can only share with you what happened and what I did after my late wife transitioned. She was a very gifted psychic/medium but was not connecting with me from the other side as I expected or hoped so I went to a Reader near my apartment. My late wife, Irene, came through right away and also told me to "move on" or continue on with my life adventure any way I could (and several other similar suggestions). It was both pleasant and inspiring but I soon realized that I had fallen into a very intense Codependent pattern with her so living by my self and on my own was pretty hard at first. Thanks to a lot of therapeutic work on self respect, self esteem and confidence, I began moving out of loneliness, depression, fear and DEPENDENCY and back into courageous independence. This all worked well because my late wife is almost always right here with me so I never felt the "loss" of her and have never thought of her as "dead". So for me, "moving on" was and still is about living the best life I can RIGHT NOW and there are days when it's simple and easy and days when I don't know what to do next or even why - other than to stay strong, self reliant and self respecting, as life unfolds here.
    IMO, the loss of a loved one or beloved thing has to be met with high and healthy self worth or self respect so that the "loss" does not kill or damage us too much and leave us helpless and crippled from then on. Moving on is about going forward with courage, dignity and PRIDE as a useful and significant part of this life. I am moving on through love, hope, self worth and courage which all came from work in psychotherapy more than any other action.
    I have had many psychic readings with Irene and a lot of intense dream visits from her BUT my life is unfolding in this plane and I need to happily enjoy and live it for what little time I have left here (I'm 80). The single most important and useful thing I've ever done was to find and cultivate healthy self worth and self love and it just keeps getting better and better as I "MOVE ON" day to day and step by step. I could and would credit God for my feelings of self worth but it seems to come from my own mind/heart and a personal desire to feel better about myself and my life while moving forward one inch at a time.
    So this is how it has and is working for me after losing my beloved Irene about 2 years ago. I still have moments of painful, tearful grief and sorrow but knowing that she is always still right here reduces the pain and I am soon back to love, hope and happiness as I continue to MOVE ON.

pandora97 likes this.
  2. DenverGuy

DenverGuy Active Member

Maria,
    I know what you mean about the photos. I have some of my girlfriend in the hospice, and I am drawn to looking at them sometimes, even though it is very, very hard.
    Here is a great video on complicated grief from Ireland:

Last edited: Aug 16, 2018