1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

Thanks for the Forum and Topics!

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by Eyes Opened, Apr 12, 2020.

1. Eyes Opened

Eyes Opened New Member

Hi. I'm new here. I will attempt to be brief about my interest, experiences, and questions.

I lost a friend in 1997 who was a prodigy and a gifted musician (something of a celebrity in his own genre, although a reluctant one). I was ending an abusive marriage and he was attempting to get together with me when he died in a car accident. The situation was so fraught and tragic that I couldn't even mourn him properly. I tried to live in some kind of denial-- as though he was simply on an extended tour and would return sometime. I just shoved any thought of him out of my head.

I had three suicidal children to raise. Those who have children will understand what occupied me for the next eleven years.

In 2008, after both my own parents had died, I finally began to come to terms with the fact my friend was dead.

In late April 2008, I had a re-connection with my friend which was unusual. I wrote a book about it which was published in 2012. There are still a few things about it I do not understand, but I am learning a little bit more over time. It is interesting to me to explore the experiences of others in the area of after-death communication, as it can help me understand what my friend was telling me, and why he chose to present it the way he did.

So if you go to the After Death Communication thread, maybe you will see me and my questions there!!

It is a privilege and a gift to encounter the open and questioning souls on this forum!

Happy Easter to you and yours!

2. Ruby

Ruby Established Member

What a very interesting post. I look forward to hearing more about this reconnection. It sounds most intriguing!

3. mac

mac Staff Member

welcome to ALF :)

4. Eyes Opened

Eyes Opened New Member

Thanks, Mac and Ruby. Mac, that's a cool hat. Looks like an Outback or Australian style. Love it!

5. Eyes Opened

Eyes Opened New Member

6. mac

mac Staff Member

I love it too! :)

Bought in Durango, CO, in 2005 and made by 'Dorfman Pacific'. Bleached by the Arizona sun and faded now but still it's hanging on in.