1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

Synchronicities

Discussion in 'After-Death Communication' started by Convolution, Dec 13, 2018.

1. Convolution

Convolution Active Member

I'd like to share something here. I'm not sure this is the right forum... do synchronicities count as possible after-death communications?
    I posted this in another forum but thought I'd have a go of it here as well.

Until about a little over a year ago, I would not have considered survival of consciousness to be a possibility.
    Then my brother committed suicide, which was excruciating. In my grief, in seeking answers for the seemingly inexplicable, but still very much an agnostic, a strange thing started happening to me.

Everywhere, I started seeing repetitious numbers in clocks/watches/phones, etc. 1:11, 2:22, 3:33, 10:10...
    You name it. I'm talking 6, sometimes more times a day. Every day. For 8 months solid. Then it just started going away, gradually. It still happens, though not much, and not often.... perhaps once a day now, which I'd liken more to chance.

For a while though, it was remarkable to the point where my just-as-agnostic fiancee also got spooked just from seeing me, often without thinking, subconsciously pick up my phone and surprise myself with these synchronicities over and over, time and time again.

Once, a couple of months into it, I was at a market buying groceries late with my fiancee, and the cashier's machine malfunctioned. The cashier was trying to get it to work, and just as she fixed the machine, the large screen in front of me turned on flashing the time, 11:11:11.That moment seemed to last far longer for me than the second it objectively took it to change. I felt shock course through my body.

At around month 3-4, this pattern, whatever it may be, started to "evolve". Gradually I started to notice that... if I happened to be stressed, feeling grief upset, or experiencing negative feelings, I would still see the number pop up somehow, though with a minute either added or taken away. Say, 1:12, or 1:10, instead of the 1:11 I'd grown used to expecting.
    If I happened to be at peace, the pattern/synchronicity would manifest normally.

Then once, in an occurrence I still have trouble believing myself, I happened to be a bit stressed when I felt compelled to look at my phone, and It flashed 2:21. In my frustration to understand what it all meant, I was resolute to stare at my phone until it turned to 2:22, as if to dispel the mystic thoughts starting to entrench themselves in my head. So I waited and stared... and waited some more.
    It seemed to take very long.
    I felt confused and started counting the seconds in my head. I got up to about 45, and realized a minute had surely already passed. Suddenly the bold letters on my iPhone's welcome screen turned... from 2:21 straight into 2:23, jumping the correct number.
    I immediately got strong chills and felt quite disturbed. I never tried to do that again.

After many months of this, I accepted that surely this could not be chance. My ever logical mind, always searching for explanations, had personally encountered something it found utterly inexplicable through conventional means. I started considering the spiritual and opening myself to it.

Still, to this day, a year later, it still haunts me. I have no idea what it truly means and who, if anyone, could be behind this experience, outside of perhaps myself having suddenly acquired subconscious superhuman timing abilities.

I'd love to know if anyone could have any insight as to the possible nature of this event, or where I could look for help. Spiritual intuition would say that, due to the shocking and utterly unexpected nature of the passing, someone or something realized that, without me at the very least opening my mind to the possibility the person was still alive in some manner, bad things were going to happen to me as well, and set out to change that.
    Still, I am hoping to find something more than intuition. I am hoping still, to find a better understanding than "someone tried to send you a message".
    There is always a chance, in my mind, that somehow I subconsciously did this to myself. It just seems very unlikely to me.

If you have any thoughts on the matter, I'd love to know.:)

2. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

Synchronicities are indeed communications from Spirit! Some synchronicities are subtle - even too subtle sometimes for us to notice - but since the advent of digital clocks it seems that using distinctive numbers on digital clocks has become the most common kind of synchronicity, simply because we do notice them and we think it's weird that they happen. The fact that so many occurred right after your brother's death does suggest that he was creating them; but most experts think that most of the clock synchronicities that happen are produced by our spirit guides.

Mine certainly are! Thomas, my guide, gives me all kinds of numbers, all day long. I'll be working and distracted and suddenly he'll make me look at the clock at the top of my computer screen, and sure enough: it will be all the same number. If I'm troubled and need encouragement, he might do that all afternoon! One day I saw 2:22, 3:33, 4:44, and 5:55, but I never otherwise glanced at my clock. He is impatient by nature, so sometimes he will not wait for an all-one-number time, but he will make me look at 2:52 (as he just did now) or some other three-digit number where the two on the ends match and the middle one co-ordinates somehow (in this case, 2 and 5 are the same shape inverted).

I haven't had your experience with a number being skipped, but one day I had my attention drawn to 4:44, and I paused to watch it until it advanced. And I watched. And I watched! Surely a lot more than just one minute had passed? Then suddenly this digital clock went rapidly through 4:45 and 4:46, and it landed at 4:47. I was flabbergasted! He had actually paused that clock for more than two minutes, which was a spectacular sign, don't you think?

Everyone, if you want more synchronicities, just say so. Whenever one happens, say aloud, "Thank you! Please do it again!" If your receiving them is in your best interest, then synchronicities can become for you and your own guide the kind of little hug that they have become for Thomas and me.

mac and Monika like this.
  3. Convolution

Convolution Active Member

I thought the number skipping was very strange, much like your experience with the numbers skipping.
    However unlikely seeing repeating number say be, I could reason that it could be coincidence, or my subconscious keeping track of time. But I couldn't explain the number skipping. It would require a MAJOR coincidence along with a very coincidental software bug.
    While the synchronicities didn't convert me fully, I would say they were the catalyst that helped me open my mind to all possibilities, whereas before I was very closed. Now I am trying to figure out, if there was a message, what it could be.
    I have thanks for the synchronicities before. I'll do it again, though they happen more rarely now... only once or twice a day. I hope one day I can validate through other means and ask what it meant specifically.

4. kim

kim Active Member

I experience synchronicities, but it doesn't so much involve numbers. It mostly happens when I do something, like go down a certain road, shop in a certain store, certain events occur in the nation or the world, a certain hotel I may stay in overnight on vacation, a certain car I buy and the dealership I bought it from, including the salesman, etc., etc., etc. It has been happening non-stop for 35 years, and the list could go on and on. When I say "it happens", I mean a feeling like I've experienced it before, like deja vu. I had dreams while in a coma and now those pictures seem to be manifesting in the realm outside of me. That is just what it seems like to me. I don't know, but I asked Craig Hogan, on a forum, sometime ago why I experience so many familiar situations in my life after an nde and he said I saw past lives I lived while in a coma.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2018
  5. mac

mac regular contributor Staff Member

I can see how some instances might link to past lives but why would modern-day events seem familiar? How could deja vu be ruled out of the picture? Isn't it just as possible, or more likely, that it might be down to the injuries you had? Did Craig take that possibility into consideration?