1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

Switched At Conception And "Relative" Questions

Discussion in 'Afterlife Evidence' started by Dylan Free Guthrie, Aug 30, 2018.

1. Dylan Free Guthrie

Dylan Free Guthrie New Member

:oops: Hey everyone,

Ok. I've actually got a host of questions here. But here are the first two...

Is it possible to be born into the wrong family unit {ie placed into the wrong womb if you will}??

Asking because ever since I can remember I have always felt that I didn't belong within my family of origin. This is similar to the feeling that some adult adoptees report. However, instead of the thing of "I feel different because I look different from everyone else in the family" etc etc, it came down to a lack of connection with most of my family members and a feeling of "I don't think that I'm in the right place" {ie the correct family unit}. It got to the point where my friends actually became my form of family unit in many situations...

Another thing about this. I have an older sister {we are a year and a day apart}. And for as long as I can remember I have always felt extremely uncomfortable around her with no explanation as to why. The opposite is true where my older brother Chris is concerned. I'm not so much asking a direct question. But am wondering if there might be a past-life explanation or if it is even possible...

Something else that I am wondering about too is a profound phobia of guns. I don't know where this came from {and it isn't from this lifetime because it has always been there} because I have never handled a firearm or been around gunfire {other than watching true crime documentaries on TV}. An acquaintance of mine on another forum once said in regard to the gun phobia "maybe you have PTSD from a past-life war"...

Maybe I'm not making a lot of sense with this thread. But wondering if it's possible to have some input.

Get back to me,
    Thanks!
    Dylan :oops:

Kurt likes this.
  2. Kurt

Kurt Active Member

I know exactly how you feel. I never liked my family and always thought I would end up alone in the end -

Which ended up happening. I requested to get disowned and raised myself.

3. bluebird

bluebird Well-Known Member

No one can tell you the answers for sure, they can only offer their opinions. Personally I don't know if reincarnation is real, but I think it may be one possibility, and if so, then perhaps the issues you mention do stem from previous incarnations of yours.

Kurt likes this.
  4. Kurt

Kurt Active Member

I agree with Bluebird.

I never really felt in touch with this plane of existence.

5. mac

mac senior member Staff Member

It's possible you made an inappropriate choice for your incarnation - you're not actually "placed" in a womb by someone who might have picked the wrong mother.

It might be there's a past-life reason for what you're experiencing but no way to be certain.

Is your interest mainly in the possibility that previous incarnations are having negative influences in this lifetime? If it were the case would you want to change something?

There's alway the possibility you might feel different / less uncomfortable if you were to visit a practitioner claiming to be able to regress folk to learn what's in their past.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2018
    Kurt likes this.
  6. jimrich

jimrich Active Member

I can only share with you what I know or have experienced. No speculation, judgement or guesses, etc.
    This feeling of "not belonging" has been described as a byproduct of being an "old soul" who has matured to the point where you feel out of place or uncomfortable with any and all "earthly" experiences because you are ready to move on to higher or deeper levels beyond this physical realm. It's pretty vague but good enough for me. I rarely feel comfortable in this physical state and often long for a "spiritual" state elsewhere. Oh well...........

My experience with my older brother (and younger sister) is very bad all because our parents did not love each other and could or would not promote an attitude and policy of love and acceptance in our family so us kids automatically saw each other as invading, unwelcome and despised ENEMIES from day one. We kind of got over our hatred of each other but not totally! Our parents set us kids up to be enemies rather than beloved and cherished siblings and we never knew what happened or why. I discovered the truth during psychotherapy while examining my family and parenting. You will need to honestly and deeply examine your early childhood and upbringing to understand the relationship to your siblings.

Here again, you need to look very deeply into your early childhood to see where and how this fear of guns began. Nearly all of my fears and emotional difficulties began first with my parents and then with others near me during the first 6-9 years of my life - which I somehow forgot all about so, like you, I could not understand my "issues" until I entered psychotherapy and learned how to uncover my buried and hidden past. Good luck with uncovering your current (not past lives) past and finding the truth - if you can handle it!

Kurt likes this.
  7. Kurt

Kurt Active Member

All of what you said I can agree with.

I also agree with how you believe that it is important to first understand your current life before delving into the past lives you may have had.

8. mac

mac senior member Staff Member

I think you guys have hit a particular nail squarely on the head. I always hesitate about mentioning mental health and well-being but there is at least an equal possibility that an individual may be suffering - literally - outcomes from what you've both suggested.

But there's an issue that past-life therapy/regression/recall may be a more exciting notion for some, perhaps many, individuals looking for reasons they feel alienated.

Kurt likes this.
  9. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

Dylan, we usually plan our lives primarily with other members of what are called our soul-group. Eternal friends, if you will. Sometimes, though, for a variety of reasons we will choose to be born into a family of people not from our soul group. (This was my case this time around.) We also might agree with someone from our soul group with whom we have chosen to share some contentions lifetimes to be born as siblings this time around, perhaps in an effort to heal from other lifetimes. There is no way to know for certain why you feel as you do, but these are the most likely explanations. In any event, your job this time around is to love and grow with these people you chose to share this lifetime!

Dylan Free Guthrie and Kurt like this.
  10. Kurt

Kurt Active Member

That is one of my favorite parts about the afterlife. How some souls are linked together Spirituality and have a lot in common.

Soul Mates is the way I have heard it referred to, but soul friends is better admittedly. I will be sure to use your term from now on.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2018
  11. Kurt

Kurt Active Member

I actually agree with you here!

12. Kurt

Kurt Active Member

True. And yet on the other hand, some take it too seriously and then you end up with people who are barely capable of Independant thought.

13. Dylan Free Guthrie

Dylan Free Guthrie New Member

:) Hey Roberta!

Thanks for your reply. Btw. I'm sitting here mulling over the first part of it and going "hmmm"...

And yaa. I got the last part too.

Thanks!
    Dylan :)