1. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.
    Dismiss Notice

Suicide

Discussion in 'Spiritual Growth & Development' started by RobertaGrimes, May 2, 2012.

1. Donni

Donni New Member

Hello! I've only read the first couple of pages of this thread and I see the conversation has moved on to something else...I just wanted to butt in and thank Roberta for giving consideration to this very important ethical issue. Suicide as a cause of death is at an all time high.

I really appreciate this Roberta as having lost my son, 22, to suicide, it has crossed my mind that if it's so wonderful over there, why stay here?! He had mental health issues but what tipped the scales was the influence of a friend of his father's, a teacher of non-duality. She preached the ego is nothing, nothing exists, that kind of stuff, just made it ok for him to go.... He had no reason to stay with that kind of thinking... he was a very intelligent young man too. She even had me thinking with her words, but she couldn't see how she was devaluing the growth and value in having egos and human forms.

The dilemma you faced Roberta is not one to take lightly and your sensitivity and forethought are a credit to you. Things can be distorted by someone in a dark place. As a parent, knowing the afterlife is a good place, it brings comfort but I'm also very conscious, in sharing my beliefs with some of his more lost friends, to not make it seem like a solution. You worded that so well and might even change some minds with your words. My son's loss hurt many in our community and his spiritual growth now undoubtedly is saturated in our tears. Thankyou for your post.

Donni

2. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

I'm so sorry for your loss! I hope it comforts you to know that someone as young as he is almost certainly hasn't judged himself harshly for what he did, and hasn't set himself back spiritually. But still, as parents the fact that we can't protect our child from pain and from taking his life this way is very hard. Please consider yourself hugged, dear, and know that your child really is eternal, and he is fine!

3. Donni

Donni New Member

Thanks Roberta. I have just finished editing a file where I believe he answered me twice, using the north American station (hope I got the terminology right there!) I don't think I can upload it here but I have found a FB forum to hopefully get feedback - so hard to know if I am imagining it, I don't think I am. I truly believe he lives on, I have had many amazing signs that defy logic and some powerful dreams and an awesome medium with us. Hugs back!

4. Jonathan Hallberg

Jonathan Hallberg New Member