1. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.
    Dismiss Notice

Suicide

Discussion in 'Spiritual Growth & Development' started by RobertaGrimes, May 2, 2012.

1. poeticblue

poeticblue Moderator

So what is your predicament looking like today if I may ask?

2. Nirvana

Nirvana Member

Insomnia is kind of ruining everything

Last edited: Feb 15, 2015
  3. poeticblue

poeticblue Moderator

What does your diet consist of? I also wanted to let you know that it's OK if you wake up in the middle of the night at numerous of times (or during the day depending on your sleep schedule) Spirits in the afterlife cannot fathom why we choose to sleep for 7-8 straight hours. My answer is WE ARE HUMAN HERE!! lol. I am wondering what your definition of insomnia is Nirvana. If you do have insomnia, what do you feel is keeping you awake? Or perhaps this is more of a clinical situation rather than situational.

4. Nirvana

Nirvana Member

I'm pretty sure this is clinical

I am not rested unless I get 8 hours of sleep, anything less and I'm sleepy the whole day. I haven't had a restorative 8-hour sleep night for about 2.5 years now. Before that I always got 8-hour sleep nights, and woke up fully rested.

5. bluebird

bluebird Well-Known Member

Nirvana,

What changed in your life or health 2.5 years ago, that made you suddenly develop insomnia?

6. poeticblue

poeticblue Moderator

You mentioned in January that things were improving. Have you done anything different since then?

7. Nirvana

Nirvana Member

Nope, that was just a few days in a row of me being able to fall back asleep after those early awakenings I'm complaining about :(

Last edited: Feb 16, 2015
  8. Nirvana

Nirvana Member

I wish I knew the answer to that :(

I think it might be from abrupt withdrawal from either Abilify or fish oil/flaxseed oil omega-3 capsules

Haven't slept normally since, and I can tell this is permanent

9. poeticblue

poeticblue Moderator

I hear flaxseeds are good for your health Nirvana. You might want to start back taking them unless there is a reason why you stopped abruptly.

10. bluebird

I agree with poeticblue -- have you considered taking the flaxseed again?

11. Nirvana

Nirvana Member

Yes I want to try fish oil or flaxseed again, but I've already bought so many other supplements, so I might have to wait a little bit

I hope it helps

12. bluebird

If you aren't already taking it, maybe consider a B-complex vitamin. It's no magic cure for schizophrenia, but I found it quite helpful with panic/anxiety disorder, so it might help calm you enough to sleep.

13. True, B vitamins, are very important, especially B-12. Some medications can deplete your body of vitamins as well. I take quite a few supplements and they are very beneficial (along with needed medicine), and I have to say, it helps my health noticeably. Also I have tweaked my diet a bit. Just the right changes, Nirvana, I think can help you solve your problem. You just need to find the right ones.

14. poeticblue

poeticblue Moderator

I've noticed that when you start taking all of these different supplements at once over a period of time, your body builds a tolerance for them and it doesn't work as effectively. Flaxseed tore my stomach up but I hear great things about it and I've known many people who religiously take them in the morning. Everybody has their preferences though. Definatley keep taking vitamins and find out what works for you. (As I am sure you are already doing ;)

15. mac

mac senior member Staff Member

For what it's worth, then, little more than his views on the matter. A genius? Maybe he is but maybe he isn't....

16. It's good to change the supplements, or even change brands or even take a break from them if that's what's needed. I've noticed since I've been taking certain supplements I've been healthier in some ways, many less doctor visits. But some things I've tried haven't agreed so well.:p Flaxseed can upset your stomach, true. Most days it doesn't but some days it can.

17. Waller

Waller Senior Member

Bright young man.

Those younger are much more in touch with themselves than I was at a younger age. As an aside, on a Spiritualist forum, I posted that there most certainly is an etheric physics one we are only recently getting long glimpses. To no surprise this idea was hammered at which turn I pulled the plug on all my posts - this is called a 'zerdini' aka George Cranley https://www.google.com/search?q=George+Cranley&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8 . No sense hanging around with the closed conscious.

18. ravensgate

ravensgate Member

Nirvana, please keep in mind the interaction between medications/supplements, whether prescribed or over the counter. This includes essential oils. Just because you do not need a prescription it does not mean you can take liberally and not consider how a supplement could decrease or potentiate the effects of a prescribed medication. :)

19. Nirvana

Nirvana Member

I definitely agree, ravensgate

I'm always careful with watching interactions/contraindications

Ilovelearning, I hope I find the combination/solution soon

20. poeticblue

poeticblue Moderator

See Ilovelearnin... This is the reason I stopped taking flaxseed. My digestive system went "rogue" to say the least lol.

But Nirvana, go for it :) I hear great things about it.